Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 07:44 AM

46,450 posts, read 27,325,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Koch Brothers & Karl Rove's superpac will give Romney's campaign 70% to 80% of the total money he will get which be 1 billion+

Once again, this is not about super pacs.....this is about individual donations.......

It's so sad, the left is in such a panic.....they are trying to grasp and trying everything to discredit Romney.,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 09:03 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,521,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Koch Brothers & Karl Rove's superpac will give Romney's campaign 70% to 80% of the total money he will get which be 1 billion+
Super PAC's don't give campaigns money. They spend their own money.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:06 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,521,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yeah, but that is comparing apples to oranges. First they criticized where Romney got his money from and then by the time they got around to looking at Obama's campaign donations their opinion evolved so there is in fact no hypocrisy or flip flopping.

P.S. Obama crushed McCain in fund raising in large part because of Wall Street and big business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Funny how Democrats were thrilled to have Obama with a 3 to 1 advantage in money over McCain and are now upset that Romney might be even with Obama...
The hypocrisy is astounding; isn't it?

Old 06-24-2012, 09:16 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,429,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Romney Got Richer: Mitt Outraised Obama Last Month For The First Time Ever - Forbes

I love how the Democrats/liberals pretend that Romney is receiving most of his campaign contributions from the very rich and from corporations. He might have been during the heat of the primary season, but stats for May seem to indicate that may no longer be the case.

From the article...
Um...Romney is receiving most of his campaign contributions from the very rich and corporations in terms of raw money. 93% of contributors =/= 93% contributions.

As to fundraising Romney is doing well among the NE financial sector because he is essentially one of them. He should also do well in fundraising from Oil/energy, whereas Obama will rake it in from tech., entertainment, and lawyers.
Wall Street Money Continues to Flow to Republican Mitt Romney - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets

What is strange though is why they are not also funding Obama, I would figure they would want him in their pocket as well to protect some of the favorable tax treatment they get that is about to expire soon. Not to mention there are a whole lot of things like (carried interest, and insurable interest in credit default swaps that Obama might be more inclined to deal with if he isn't losing much for it.)

Old 06-24-2012, 09:16 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,841,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Romney Got Richer: Mitt Outraised Obama Last Month For The First Time Ever - Forbes

I love how the Democrats/liberals pretend that Romney is receiving most of his campaign contributions from the very rich and from corporations. He might have been during the heat of the primary season, but stats for May seem to indicate that may no longer be the case.

From the article...

Seems the MSM has taken the choices away from the Tea Party types.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,959,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Um...Romney is receiving most of his campaign contributions from the very rich and corporations in terms of raw money. 93% of contributors =/= 93% contributions.

As to fundraising Romney is doing well among the NE financial sector because he is essentially one of them. He should also do well in fundraising from Oil/energy, whereas Obama will rake it in from tech., entertainment, and lawyers.
Wall Street Money Continues to Flow to Republican Mitt Romney - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets

What is strange though is why they are not also funding Obama, I would figure they would want him in their pocket as well to protect some of the favorable tax treatment they get that is about to expire soon. Not to mention there are a whole lot of things like (carried interest, and insurable interest in credit default swaps that Obama might be more inclined to deal with if he isn't losing much for it.)
They are also funding BO. Some to a lesser extent this time. BO has more indi contributions, but he gets a ton from Big Industry, GS etc...
Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets
My guess is they think MR will allow their agendas more so or they think MR needs more help then BO. Notice these corps sit on the fence. They play both sides, can't lose that way. You can see how they backed BO in 08. Currently BO has less from these groups, but the most money.

Heavy Hitters
http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?order=A
GS
http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/tota...&id=D000000085
JPM
http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/tota...&id=D000000103

Last edited by CDusr; 06-24-2012 at 05:40 PM..

Old 06-25-2012, 01:13 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Romney sent me a letter wanting money but unfortunately it was the same day he was playing pat-a-cake with the Latino bunch. Not only did I not send a donation, I decided that if that is the way he is going to play it; he lost my vote too. No I am not voting for Obama, but someone out there surely is not planning to leave our country undefended from these Hispanic invaders. Our country is under attack and no one seems to realize we need these people to go back where they belong. Closing the borders and putting these illegal people on a plane back to where they belong would solve most of our countries problems. I am really not interested in making Mexican leaders happy. It is time to think about real American citizens.

Mitt Romney has made no concession and has not changed his position on illegal immigration. Just because he spoke to a group of 'legal' hispanics doesn't mean he is not going to address the illegal immigration problem. Like it or not, hispanics are part of our country...just as any other demographic. Would you have him just ignore them?

Old 06-25-2012, 01:15 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post

Because they don't think Obama is going to win. They are not going to throw money in on a losing proposition.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:58 PM

50,562 posts, read 64,570,625 times
I wonder why so much importance is placed on how much money a candidate raises? I don't think I am at all influenced by how many ads are run, or whatever else they spend the money on. Unless one of them is planning to buy my vote for A LOT of money, it doesn't matter to me.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:29 PM

1,013 posts, read 914,391 times
oh sheesh are romney and obama supporters arguing about campaign donations?

what the.

didnt we already ESTABLISH THAT ROMNEY AND OBAMA are exactly the same anyway?

they both are getting money from the same people which are corrupting the nation and destroying the economy.

JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT already.

the vampire squids of society. leave it done.

admit it both are corrupt.

your choice will be evil vampire on this end or evil squid on the other.
and together they make vampire squid
GS and co
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections