Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 11:17 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,524,773 times

Advertisements

Just another troll thread from an obamabot. He has zero interest in Romney and is a committed obama voter (though God only knows why).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 11:18 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,670,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
Found this article this morning. The Romney camp's line on Arizona (Updated) - POLITICO.com

Now some of you may say that Politico is not to be trusted and that is fine. The main thing I want to concentrate on is the actual responses to the questions.

It seems that Romney does not have a clean-cut position on what happened in the Supreme Court yesterday concerning Arizona. This only adds to his track record of seeming to have no clear position on many subjects.

My question is, to those that might or plan to vote for him, do you expect him to do more of the same in office? What if he does?

From what I have read around the Internet, it seems that anti-Obamites complain about the current president, but do not explain why the challenger is a better option, other than "Obama sucks." So please, don't write about what's wrong with Obama. I see enough of that already.

I'm on the fence for November. So give good reasons why I should vote for Willard, a guy with no opinions -- not reasons why I should vote against Obama. This article does not give me hope.
It doesn't take an expert to figure out that Romney is keeping a distance from this HOT issue in order not to alienate any faction of voters any more than he has to.. NOTHING new in the political realm. Every politician does this from time to time.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:19 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,845,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Well if I were one of "you guys" I would be embarrassed to say I voted for or would vote again for obama. And how about carter? And while Clinton was not all bad, he certainly wasn't stellar. Ever heard of living in glass houses?

Romney will provide answers in due time and then the lefties will look even more ridiculous than they already do.
I am glad you're not one of "us". Yes, what about living in glass houses?

Old 06-26-2012, 11:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Found this article this morning. The Romney camp's line on Arizona (Updated) - POLITICO.com

Now some of you may say that Politico is not to be trusted and that is fine. The main thing I want to concentrate on is the actual responses to the questions.

It seems that Romney does not have a clean-cut position on what happened in the Supreme Court yesterday concerning Arizona. This only adds to his track record of seeming to have no clear position on many subjects.

My question is, to those that might or plan to vote for him, do you expect him to do more of the same in office? What if he does?

From what I have read around the Internet, it seems that anti-Obamites complain about the current president, but do not explain why the challenger is a better option, other than "Obama sucks." So please, don't write about what's wrong with Obama. I see enough of that already.

I'm on the fence for November. So give good reasons why I should vote for Willard, a guy with no opinions -- not reasons why I should vote against Obama. This article does not give me hope.
I have to admit, I am one of those that believes almost nothing I see or hear from Politico and this wouldn't change my mind. That being said, all I know is he seems to be saying pretty much what others have said, a bandage is all Obama's plan is and it is a way to convince Latinos to support him even if it really only delays the process for what could be deportation for a couple of years, then it is all over again. We need something more certain, something we can all understand and something that is fair to all. just like we need some form or health reform but Obama's plan doesn't seem to be what most of us want. I am guessing Romney will look at the illegal problem very seriously after he wins. Right now the economy has to be the main issue.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:33 AM

798 posts, read 1,035,949 times
Sorry guys. To be honest, I'm 19, don't watch much news on TV at all, and only call him Willard because I think it's a funny name. I can tell you for a fact that I don't watch MSNBC, because I don't like Chris Matthews. (Hardball, right?) However, if you take offense, I will call him Romney from now on.

Still, why did you guys point that out? It doesn't help Romney's case. This is the first election I am able to vote in. Why should I, first timer, vote for a guy with no position? If No-bama (I will be fair) can twist and contort the message, can't Romney do the same? I have seen the argument that No-bama was a political organizer and Romney was a governor. Well, shouldn't he be used to this kind of thing? Again, I'm really confused...

Quote:
2) Politico is a reputable news source. Those who are in the know have no problem with this publication.
I have seen some conservatives on other forums disregard articles from Politco as biased sources. Maybe those were isolated cases, idk.

I guess I just don't get it. Maybe I'm naive. What is Romney going around to different states for if he doesn't have a platform? What is he telling these people other than he will do what Obama didn't? What does that even mean?

I'm personally trying to give Romney a chance. But right now, he alone isn't doing it for me. Maybe some of you more conservative guys can help me out.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Just another troll thread from an obamabot. He has zero interest in Romney and is a committed obama voter (though God only knows why).
OK, even if I was an obamabot, why wouldn't you try and convince me to vote on the other side? Maybe there is something I over looked and just a few words would make me reconsider. I don't see how name-calling improves the situation. If anything, insults only polarize people more, right?

There are 4 months left, as many people have mentioned. Why would you assume someone's vote is set in stone?

Old 06-26-2012, 12:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
So basically, you are saying that he should do this tactic on every position and wait for the debates? Ok Karl Rove. LLAMF!
Yes, that's exactly what i'm saying. There are ways to invoke certain positions without actually stating specifics. That's nothing new in politics, and that's precisely the direction Romney will go until the debates.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:03 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times
Quote:
Sorry guys. To be honest, I'm 19, don't watch much news on TV at all, and only call him Willard because I think it's a funny name. I can tell you for a fact that I don't watch MSNBC, because I don't like Chris Matthews. (Hardball, right?) However, if you take offense, I will call him Romney from now on.

Still, why did you guys point that out? It doesn't help Romney's case. This is the first election I am able to vote in. Why should I, first timer, vote for a guy with no position? If No-bama (I will be fair) can twist and contort the message, can't Romney do the same? I have seen the argument that No-bama was a political organizer and Romney was a governor. Well, shouldn't he be used to this kind of thing? Again, I'm really confused...

I have seen some conservatives on other forums disregard articles from Politco as biased sources. Maybe those were isolated cases, idk.

I guess I just don't get it. Maybe I'm naive. What is Romney going around to different states for if he doesn't have a platform? What is he telling these people other than he will do what Obama didn't? What does that even mean?

I'm personally trying to give Romney a chance. But right now, he alone isn't doing it for me. Maybe some of you more conservative guys can help me out.
Have you been to a Romney townhall or other campaign event? Why don't you go listen to the guy in person instead of waiting for the media to tell you?

Old 06-26-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Have you been to a Romney townhall or other campaign event? Why don't you go listen to the guy in person instead of waiting for the media to tell you?
A. Don't have a car.
B. Family members don't care for Romney.
C. Work 8-5 five days a week. No off time because I've only worked for 2 months.

That's why I am asking YOU guys. I understand that the media is biased, and I can't get them to give me real facts when I ask. Plus the new media organizations are not voting for President. The people are. So I am asking people, what is Romney's platform? And if he shouldn't give it now, then what do you expect it to be?

All I see anywhere is just insults and name-calling. I was hoping to start a thread that could avoid that. I always believed that those older than me acted in a much more courteous fashion, but I have learned that isn't the case. Part of me says this election doesn't even matter, it's just a shouting match for two parties...

Old 06-26-2012, 12:20 PM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Romney should not give in to the radical left who insist that he state his position on the issues. Instead, he should wait until the debates where he can and will provide a clear contrast to Barack Obama. There's absolutely no reason to show his hand 4 months out from the election, only to have Obama twist and contort his message to argue Romney's position.
Yeah, what a radical idea to expect a candidate for POTUS to actually state his positions when he can just spend his time whining and twisting and contorting his message to argue about Obama, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections