Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 10:14 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times

Advertisements

In light of the Supreme Court decision I made my first contribution to the Romney campaign...and had to wait an awfully long time for it to go through. I can only conclude that at this time, people are donating like crazy, jamming up website traffic.

As an aside, I think it's even more important now to support the right people in the Senate and House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 10:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
I stopped at a Romney office today to see if they had yard signs yet..

Bet todays the biggest fundraising day he'll ever have.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:20 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,969,800 times
Let me ask this. If you lost your health care what are your options? How many people are in jobs they hate because they ned the healthcare coverage? To me at this point now people have options. Sure stand aside Romney to repeal it but what are your individual options compared to those who want to repeal it?

Old 06-28-2012, 10:22 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,580,764 times
As they say, a fool and their money are soon parted. You do know that Romney has always support government health care with a mandate don't you? he has no intention of repealing it, he's just pandering to the right to get elected and those on the right are buying into it. What fools.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Let me ask this. If you lost your health care what are your options? How many people are in jobs they hate because they ned the healthcare coverage? To me at this point now people have options. Sure stand aside Romney to repeal it but what are your individual options compared to those who want to repeal it?
Obamacare fixes NONE of those problems you listed.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
As they say, a fool and their money are soon parted. You do know that Romney has always support government health care with a mandate don't you? he has no intention of repealing it, he's just pandering to the right to get elected and those on the right are buying into it. What fools.
This is far bigger than healthcare, it deals with governments ability to just tax you to do something.

Hey trl, how about if government decided to tax people to be gay? You'd be fine with that, I'm sure, right?

Old 06-28-2012, 10:28 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,580,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This is far bigger than healthcare, it deals with governments ability to just tax you to do something.

Hey trl, how about if government decided to tax people to be gay? You'd be fine with that, I'm sure, right?
As long as they also tax people who are republicans.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:29 AM

26,544 posts, read 15,116,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
trlhiker,
You are back after calling me a mom as an insult, now you are calling Republicans fools! What do you say about Obama breaking so many campaign promises...is he pandering to "fools" too? Some of his promises he clearly had no intention of keeping, for instance he didn't give the time promised for public debate on bills multiple times within his first month in office. If he breaks a promise like that so many times within the first month, he had to have had no intent to keep it -- just racking in the fools for some hope and change no?

Old 06-28-2012, 10:50 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,968,080 times
Laura, I donated as well.

I consider it money well spent because if Oblama isn't fired, I'm going to be paying much more than my campaign contribution over the years.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:56 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,522,175 times
Romney's the grandfather of the damn thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections