Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 05:02 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times

Advertisements

We all know the #1 reason the Trumpster didn't make an actual run at the White House is because he's afraid to release his own tax returns.

If Romney is listening to Trump's advice, then he's dumber than Dubya. I don't think that's possible, to be honest. What this is, is just Trump taking advantage of Romney's problem to put his name in the news again.

Time for Willard to put his man pants on and understand that both his business background and his personal finances are going to be scrutinized. I mean, it's not like he couldn't see this coming since he ran in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 06:47 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The issue is admission applications, not grades.
the belief that obama registered as a foreign student has it's origins in an april fool's day prank:

snopes.com: Obama's Occidental College Records / Meet the Soetoros

the 1990 NYT article about obama becoming president of the harvard law revue lists him as "born in hawaii".

First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review - NYTimes.com

if obama had registered as a foreign student at occidental that would have followed up to harvard thru his transcripts.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:55 AM

414 posts, read 344,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the 1990 NYT article about obama becoming president of the harvard law revue lists him as "born in hawaii".

First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review - NYTimes.com

If his College Admissions were/are sealed, the how did the NY Times know he was born in Hawaii?

Old 07-17-2012, 08:09 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The issue is admission applications, not grades.

I'll avoid Obama's eating of dog, ........oops!
Now that's rich, admissions applications. A little story:

My daughter started the online application to the University of Colorado when she was a senior in high school. She got in elsewhere and didn't complete it. Two years later, she decided to transfer to CU. They did not have her app stored anywhere; she had to start all over! What makes anyone think that almost 35 years ago, colleges saved all this crap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
If his College Admissions were/are sealed, the how did the NY Times know he was born in Hawaii?
Obama has said that's where he was born many times. He released a BC in 2008. I love these "gotcha" questions that turn out to be duds.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Romney shouldn't release his tax records until Obama releases his school records.
so many seem to think Romney needs to disclose all but Obama can do as he pleases. To save anymore discussion, I wish Romney would release and I am sure he will but everyone has a right to see Obamas records as well. What is so hard for the left not to understand about this?

Old 07-17-2012, 09:26 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so many seem to think Romney needs to disclose all but Obama can do as he pleases. To save anymore discussion, I wish Romney would release and I am sure he will but everyone has a right to see Obamas records as well. What is so hard for the left not to understand about this?
Because school records have no relevance in running for president, maybe? (To quote you, what is so hard for the right not to understand about this?)

But if you think they do, why aren't Republicans asking for Romney to release his then as well? Why is it only Obama who is being asked for his college transcripts and thesis? Are they only relevant for a Democratic candidate for some reason?

Old 07-17-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Hint: No one cares about Donald Trump in the political arena.
You may not, others may not, but do you deny he has a point? Either everyone discloses or no one does. The left seems to think Romney is hiding something, what I have no idea; he certainly ins't the only one with bank accounts throughout the world, and the right seems to think Obama is hiding something? Do they think he didnt really graduate or he got into law school because of his color? It was ok to let the country think Bush was a dunce, and only went to an ivy league school because his daddy pulled strings, but it isn't oK to ask for Obama's college transcripts? I am having trouble with the hypacrancy (spelling) here.

Nita

Old 07-17-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
So. Unbelievably. Wrong.
like him, hate him, think he is a weird egotist, whatever, he is brillant...BTW, I don't happen to like him at all, but he is no dummy!!!

Old 07-17-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
If his College Admissions were/are sealed,....
they are not "sealed", they are private records.

Quote:
..... the how did the NY Times know he was born in Hawaii?
either directly from obama or from someone at harvard. it's unlikely that someone would fraudulently apply to harvard as a foreign student then tell the NYT they were born in hawaii. it is equally unlikely that, had that been the case, harvard would not have expelled obama.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You may not, others may not, but do you deny he has a point?
when it comes to trump's birther claims i absolutely deny he has a point.

his claim that obama may have registered as a foreign student has it's genesis in an april fool's day prank:

snopes.com: Obama's Occidental College Records / Meet the Soetoros

trump's claim that obama's grandmother said he was born in kenya is absolutely false:

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co...iptlulu109.pdf

and trump's claim that a certificate of live birth is not a birth certificate is contradicted by both state officials..... and romney! mitt released his COLB as proof of birth:

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/MSNBC/C...p.grid-8x2.jpg

even after demanding that obama should release all his records trump goes on to say that romney shouldn't release his tax returns because the obama camp will "make them look bad".

so, if trump was consistent and based his opinion on facts i'd say he had a point. he isn't, he didn't and he doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections