U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What will it take for Obama to win?
Nothing, he's our saviour! 4 5.63%
His record alone. 9 12.68%
Change to a more civil fact based campaign. 1 1.41%
A combination of dirty politics and his record. 9 12.68%
He'll need to find some heavy dirt on Romney. 19 26.76%
There is nothing he can do at this point. 29 40.85%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-03-2012, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,372 posts, read 8,737,593 times
Reputation: 6649

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
No, but the facts in this document are (which is linked in the article):

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/UploadedPDF/1001628-Base-Broadening-Tax-Reform.pdf
People seem to be reaching for any reason to justify voting for him again. Selective and spun snippets designed to please the throngs of Obama addicts in need of a justification fix.


Obama needs to run on:

His budget - He can't, even his DEM Senate won't pass his math
His record - This would kill any hope he has
His economy - nope, have you been out there lately?
His stance on free speech - Did you see how he backed Chik fil A, and spanked those unconstitutional mayors -- neither did I
His job creation performance - We've created 4.7m jobs in 30 months (and lost 6m in the job force adding them to welfare and the unemployed/underemployed roles)
His ability to dirty an opponent - BINGO!! Let's talk about how evil Romney is; his religion; his horse; his wife; his job performance (LMAO); his actions when he was 14 (he pushed another student, bet he was gay bashing); his religion; his experience (OMG what a hypocrite); his tax returns (nothing this year, nothing last year, send me 10 years and my team will find something!!)...........ETC... ETC... ETC




Not to regurgitate history, but to remind you of Obama's MO/SOP
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2012, 12:59 PM
 
Location: East Lansing, MI
18,494 posts, read 10,522,003 times
Reputation: 6961
Better the devil you know than the devil you don't...

That is to say, I disagree with a lot of what President Obama has done. That's no different than all of the last Presidents in recent memory for me, however.

The thought of finding out what Mittens would actually do from the White House scares the crap out of me. GOP - why, oh why, couldn't you put forth a decent candidate?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Texas State Fair
8,564 posts, read 10,247,801 times
Reputation: 4243
All Obama needs to do... all he can do... is run on the support of the Lame Stream Media. He has nothing else.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 01:06 PM
 
4,717 posts, read 3,808,795 times
Reputation: 1536
Obama's biggest hope is that the class warfare he loves so much will work in his favor.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
8,322 posts, read 6,389,907 times
Reputation: 2837
He can run on his record about the same as Romney.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,372 posts, read 8,737,593 times
Reputation: 6649
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Better the devil you know than the devil you don't...

That is to say, I disagree with a lot of what President Obama has done. That's no different than all of the last Presidents in recent memory for me, however.

The thought of finding out what Mittens would actually do from the White House scares the crap out of me. GOP - why, oh why, couldn't you put forth a decent candidate?
The brief and astounding history of opposites scares me the most. We know what four more years would look like, and THAT should trump everything else in a normal world.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
8,322 posts, read 6,389,907 times
Reputation: 2837
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The brief and astounding history of opposites scares me the most. We know what four more years would look like, and THAT should trump everything else in a normal world.
I'm not scared of what what 4 more years would look like under Obama, because it'd look the exact same under Romney.

The only way to truly enact change this cycle is to vote in a third party.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 01:17 PM
 
2,539 posts, read 3,783,142 times
Reputation: 998
He's an evil arrogant person. If he talked about an average person with his arrogance, they would punch him in his mouth! He's an insult to the country that moochelle doesn't like.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 01:20 PM
 
8,391 posts, read 5,725,936 times
Reputation: 2314
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
People seem to be reaching for any reason to justify voting for him again. Selective and spun snippets designed to please the throngs of Obama addicts in need of a justification fix.


Obama needs to run on:

His budget - He can't, even his DEM Senate won't pass his math
His record - This would kill any hope he has
His economy - nope, have you been out there lately?
His stance on free speech - Did you see how he backed Chik fil A, and spanked those unconstitutional mayors -- neither did I
His job creation performance - We've created 4.7m jobs in 30 months (and lost 6m in the job force adding them to welfare and the unemployed/underemployed roles)
His ability to dirty an opponent - BINGO!! Let's talk about how evil Romney is; his religion; his horse; his wife; his job performance (LMAO); his actions when he was 14 (he pushed another student, bet he was gay bashing); his religion; his experience (OMG what a hypocrite); his tax returns (nothing this year, nothing last year, send me 10 years and my team will find something!!)...........ETC... ETC... ETC




Not to regurgitate history, but to remind you of Obama's MO/SOP

A lot of things depend on how you see things.

I think this economic downturn which started well before Obama was elected, was so severe that President Obama doesn't get all the blame from the American people.

I think what people want to see is are things getting better. Now this is up for debate I guess, but in purely economic terms then have gotten better.

Most economists agree that the stimulus created jobs. Most Americans agree that it was good that he stepped to save the auto industry.

The consumer protection agency has lowered fees for Americans with credit cards and is really doing good work.
The ending of Don't ask Don't tell, the extending sort of a Dream Act, the Health care bill which has parts that a lot of Americans like.
The killing of Osama bin Laden, ending of the Iraq war, etc. Some will see some of those things as not accomplishments, some will disagree.

So yes I think an incumbent President is forced to run on his record. It is unavoidable.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
14,372 posts, read 8,737,593 times
Reputation: 6649
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
I'm not scared of what what 4 more years would look like under Obama, because it'd look the exact same under Romney.

The only way to truly enact change this cycle is to vote in a third party.
This would ensure an Obama win. Anyone remembering how Perot fractured the Republican party understands this, I hope. I agree with you, but only if the third party would garner votes from both sides. Republican voters seem more open to alternative candidates, while Dems haven't been. They seem content with a perpetual tax and spend government.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top