Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2012, 01:03 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times

Advertisements

This is mainly for those who voted for Obama in the first election but now have turned against him.

In his 2008 candidacy, he kept talking about hope and change. Did you really buy into that the first time? Has things really changed for better or worse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 01:07 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
If anyone that voted for Obama in 2008 is planning on voting for him again in 2012, they are like the Titanic backing-up and running into the iceberg again.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:39 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Hope and Change. People just didn't realize the kind of change and transforming American meant in Obamas mind. People voted in blind faith and he is hoping they do it again. They certainly can't be voting on his record thats for sure.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:44 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
This is mainly for those who voted for Obama in the first election but now have turned against him.

In his 2008 candidacy, he kept talking about hope and change. Did you really buy into that the first time? Has things really changed for better or worse?
Seems to me that's kind of a loaded question, isn't it, if you're only limiting it to the folks who supposedly "now have turned against him"...?

It's kinda like watching FOX News, 'cuz you know they'll always tell 'ya what you wanna hear...

Old 08-12-2012, 02:07 PM

211 posts, read 301,880 times
In 2008 I voted for Obama. In 2012 I'm voting against Mitt Romney. Having survived 8 years under GWB, I'd probably vote for Romney over somebody like Bush. But Obama, while not as much of a change as originally expected, is still far, far better than the monstrosities thrust upon us by the Teapublicans!

Old 08-12-2012, 02:11 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athithi View Post
In 2008 I voted for Obama. In 2012 I'm voting against Mitt Romney. Having survived 8 years under GWB, I'd probably vote for Romney over somebody like Bush. But Obama, while not as much of a change as originally expected, is still far, far better than the monstrosities thrust upon us by the Teapublicans!

..and you are probably one of those Liberals that screamed about the Bush deficits and are now completely mute on Obama quadrupling the deficit

Old 08-12-2012, 02:24 PM

211 posts, read 301,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
..and you are probably one of those Liberals that screamed about the Bush deficits and are now completely mute on Obama quadrupling the deficit
Sheesh, let me try again - my previous post was over the top. I'm registered Independent and I'm usually holding my nose when I vote Democrat. I'd be more than happy to vote Republican when they put up a half-decent candidate. Jon Huntsman might've had a ghost of a chance with me, for instance.

There's a fundamental difference between Obama's deficits and Bush's deficits. Obama's, even if misguided in some instances, are intended as salve to an ailing population. Moreover, we were already in a big hole and Obama's just digging a little deeper Bush, on the other hand, took budget surpluses - do you understand how rare and precious those things are? - and gave them away in tax cuts and spent them on an unnecessary war. Bush's actions are way more abhorrent than Obama's. The deficits are not the problem by themselves. They just apply brakes on prosperity. We were poised for a quantum leap in addressing generations long problems. Bush spent his political capital on a war that no one is able to justify today.

Apologies for losing my cool earlier. But you did make an unfounded assumption about me that I resented I have just as much loathing for the entitlement programs of the Democrats, but the Republicans scare the **** out of me with their White Christian Nation theory and their voodoo economics. I do have an MBA from a Top 20 b-school, so I have a slightly more educated understanding of the corporate shenanigans. It does nothing to tilt me further to the right, sorry!

Last edited by athithi; 08-12-2012 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Took a deep breath :-$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections