Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 08:05 PM

14,466 posts, read 11,245,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Yes, I want the wealthy to pay more. They take more from society. It costs a lot more to protect Willard's 12 mil house than it does my far more modest abode. Willard's welcome to spend his money on a dancing horse. But if he's going to argue my taxes should subsidize his horsey then I get a say in the matter.

Poor picked on Mitt. He's running for president and the peons dare express their thoughts about his candidacy!
How the hell do your taxes subsidize his horse? Also, could you explain how the 6 million in taxes he paid is not fair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 08:09 PM

14,466 posts, read 11,245,012 times
Quote:
Are you conservatives really this delusional? Really?

Mitt lives in a heavily guarded area with well paid cops. Burglars can't get near his home because they'll be arrested five seconds later. This is why rich areas are so safe: well paid paid police on constant patrol.

He and his ilk don't steal directly because they get away with legalized stealing all the time. Witness how he pays a lower tax rate than I do! I can't contribute more than a certain amount to my retirement account tax free but somehow the IRS let Mitt shield a hundred million bucks in his account! My accountant would report me to the authorities if I tried that.
Rich areas are safe because they pay astronomical amounts of money in property taxes. Have you ever had to actually make your own way in the world. How can you be so ignorant about how the world works?

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:

Mitt lives in a heavily guarded area with well paid cops. Burglars can't get near his home because they'll be arrested five seconds later. This is why rich areas are so safe: well paid paid police on constant patrol.

He and his ilk don't steal directly because they get away with legalized stealing all the time. Witness how he pays a lower tax rate than I do!
Unless Mitt carries 24 hour security at the taxpayers expense, (prior to his Secret Service detail), your posting is nothign but garbage. I'm sure he's guarded by security, AT HIS OWN EXPENSE, just like Warren Buffet who spends $550K a year on security.

Did you pay that much in taxes? How about the millions that Mitt paid? I'd like to pat you on the back for your success but I somehow doubt someone could be as hateful as you, and be a success.
Quote:
I can't contribute more than a certain amount to my retirement account tax free but somehow the IRS let Mitt shield a hundred million bucks in his account! My accountant would report me to the authorities if I tried that.
You tried to shield a $100M in your account? Wow, you are successful.. NOT.. Maybe you need to hire a better accountant who knows that you can transfer assets into an IRA, other than cash. its only cash thats limited.

12,772 posts, read 7,957,380 times
Quote:

He and his ilk don't steal directly because they get away with legalized stealing all the time. Witness how he pays a lower tax rate than I do! I can't contribute more than a certain amount to my retirement account tax free but somehow the IRS let Mitt shield a hundred million bucks in his account! My accountant would report me to the authorities if I tried that.
So now you have something against police being paid well? You really do have something against those more successful that you. And out of curiosity, how do you know how much these cops that patroll Mitt's neighborhood make? And apparently how often they patrol the area? You seem to have lots of facts that you arent sharing a source for.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,184,820 times
Quote:

I ask again did they put a police station on his property? Deploy the national guard? or are just assuming?
What kind of police protection does Obama's Chicago home enjoy?
Pelosi?
Reid?
Biden is raping the tax payer for rent of hismotherin law house on his property. It is used by the secret service to protect him.
Wrangle?? Caddy on tax payers dime and a tax cheat and he helped write the tax codes.
Do you have equal scorn for your own?

Old 08-09-2012, 08:18 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,866,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How does someone use 5 million dollars of Societal resourses?
I would say those folks living in low income houseing, who dont even have to cut the grass or clear the snow use up more than I do.
I ask again. You do know that the wealthiest members of congress are dems? Are you equally critical of them?
You don't think it takes a lot to guard Mitt's huge fortune? Both parties suck on this issue. But the Dems aren't running a candidate who firmly believes that he and his fellow overpaid cronies should be able to suck all the money out of the economy and pass the costs of their society on to people like me. The Dems aren't the ones whining that the guy who care barely afford to feed his family because he's been laid off so Mitt can make more money does not pay enough in taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
And I'm completely disgusted that because your opinion differs from mine that you think you are somehow better than me and that I must be "unthinking" and somehow brainwashed. It must be interesting walking around knowing that you are smarter than everyone and so much better than everyone....good luck with that.
It must be interesting being okay with the notion that if you make more money you're a better person than other people. How do you feel about drug dealers? Mafia members? Are they successful because they have money?

If you don't want you opinion debated don't put it in a debate forum. Then again Mitt's whining that people are daring to ask him about taxes when he's demanding the right to make decisions about taxes so I suppose it rubs off on anyone defending him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Did you pay 5 million dollars? Are you equally critical of folks like Reed, Pelosi, Kerry, Wrangal who was caught cheating on his taxes and drives a caddy on the tax payers dime?
Or
Is your scorn only for one side?
When your beloved Dems had the super majority why didnt they change this? It might bbe because they dont mind taking advantage of the same tax laws that Romney does.
We're not discussing the Dems. We're discussing the Republican nominee for president. When Kerry or Pelosi runs for president then we'll discuss them. They're almost as beholden to the rich as the Reps are. But we're not discussing them. We're discussing the Republican presidential nominee and his belief that I should pay a higher tax rate than he does.

The fact that some many Republicans feel the fundamental need to defend this unfairness is again why I am not now nor ever will be a Republican.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,866,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
How the hell do your taxes subsidize his horse? Also, could you explain how the 6 million in taxes he paid is not fair?
He gets to deduct the cost of his horse. This means I have to pay the taxes he isn't. I have cats. Can I deduct the cost of feeding them? They make me feel happy and lower my blood pressure probably. Why not?

And once again the issue is not how much he pays in taxes. The issue is that he pays a lower tax rate than I do and thinks this is fair. I'm sorry this economic point confuses the Republican mind but I'm hardly surprised.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
It must be interesting being okay with the notion that if you make more money you're a better person than other people. How do you feel about drug dealers? Mafia members? Are they successful because they have money?

If you don't want you opinion debated don't put it in a debate forum. Then again Mitt's whining that people are daring to ask him about taxes when he's demanding the right to make decisions about taxes so I suppose it rubs off on anyone defending him.
In a debate you argue points with facts to back them up. I have yet to see you back up your claims.

In a debate you don't call people stupid because they disagree with you.

In a debate you don't make up things and then pretend that the person you are debating said them.

You are ARGUING, not debating.

You have ignored every instance where I asked you to back up anything you said with facts.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:
He gets to deduct the cost of his horse. This means I have to pay the taxes he isn't. I have cats. Can I deduct the cost of feeding them? They make me feel happy and lower my blood pressure probably. Why not?

And once again the issue is not how much he pays in taxes. The issue is that he pays a lower tax rate than I do and thinks this is fair. I'm sorry this economic point confuses the Republican mind but I'm hardly surprised.
Lie.. He claimed a $75,000 EXPENSE, which resulted in a $49.00 deduction.
Let me ask you one question.

WHATS TO STOP YOU FROM PAYING A LOWER RATE THAN HE DOES? 50% of americans pay ZERO.. so most americans pay a lot lower, but somehow you think you're exempt..

Old 08-09-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Lie.. He claimed a $75,000 EXPENSE, which resulted in a $49.00 deduction.
Let me ask you one question.

WHATS TO STOP YOU FROM PAYING A LOWER RATE THAN HE DOES? 50% of americans pay ZERO.. so most americans pay a lot lower, but somehow you think you're exempt..
Don't confuse her with facts and actual examples, she just likes to work off of whatever fake assumptions she can throw out with no evidence to substantiate them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections