Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 08:45 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times

Advertisements

Ryan came up with a plan, that was a "PLAN". It can be tweaked and modified. But I dont remember what Obama or Bidens plan on this was. Please one of you liberals fill me in if you know.

Social security and medicare are in trouble. PERIOD. They are NOT sustainable. So tell me, again, what the hell is your plan for these two vital programs that are going to be bankrupt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 08:55 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,551 times
Their plan? Demagogue any Republican who dares try to fix them.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:18 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
Obama will have a plan when he gets around to passing a BUDGET!

Don't bother him, he's on the golf course sharpening his laser like vision on the economy and jobs.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:23 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Obama has already gutted Medicare once by taking $800 billion from it and moving it to Medicaid. The Democrats like to throw the Medicare scare tactics around....they already altered Medicare to the point that it alraedy doesn't cover nearly what it used to. Most seniors are just now realizing this and haven't felt the full effects Obamacare will have on their Medicare benefits. Older folks will not have the level of care they have in the past. Those on Medicaid (the government run healthcare plan for those how don't qualify for Medicare and don't any work related or private insurance) will be reaping the benefits of what Obama took away from Medicare.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:34 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Ryan came up with a plan, that was a "PLAN". It can be tweaked and modified. But I dont remember what Obama or Bidens plan on this was. Please one of you liberals fill me in if you know.

Social security and medicare are in trouble. PERIOD. They are NOT sustainable. So tell me, again, what the hell is your plan for these two vital programs that are going to be bankrupt.
I have to agree with you, a little. I think that it's disingenuous to exempt the current retirees and the 10 years from now retirees. If we're going to change the rules for EVERYONE, and stop favoring this group at the expense of the other age groups.

Secondly, I don't see Ryan decreasing the defense budget. Why must we always be the policeman of the world? Let those freeloader countries take care of themselves and provide their own defense. Maybe that's why those countries can actually take care of their own citizens because they don't have to worry about a defense budget.

Two income tax brackets, 10% & 25%. Too low.
Please get rid of all of those ridiculous child tax credits, credits for non-working spouse, earned income tax credit, benefits for children of illegals and illegals, mortgage tax credits and all of the other favored ppl in this country. there are too many ppl in the wagon and not enough that are pulling it.
I favor not taxing interest, but still feel that the piddly capital gains tax is fair.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:57 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Obama has already gutted Medicare once by taking $800 billion from it and moving it to Medicaid. The Democrats like to throw the Medicare scare tactics around....they already altered Medicare to the point that it alraedy doesn't cover nearly what it used to. Most seniors are just now realizing this and haven't felt the full effects Obamacare will have on their Medicare benefits. Older folks will not have the level of care they have in the past. Those on Medicaid (the government run healthcare plan for those how don't qualify for Medicare and don't any work related or private insurance) will be reaping the benefits of what Obama took away from Medicare.
Excuse me, but could you please explain what Medicare doesn't cover now "what it used to?" I would beg to differ. I sell Medicare Advantage plans and can tell you emphatically that Medicare benefits have not decreased, in fact the opposite. They have added many preventative screenings, annual wellness exam, closed the Part D drug gap. I have seen none of the decrease in benefits that you speak of, not even in the overcompensated Advantage plans. Medicaid ppl reaping the benefits of what's taken away from Medicare? Medicaid reimbursements are lower than Medicare's, you know that right? It's less likely that docs will take Medicaid than Medicare.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:30 PM

197 posts, read 213,023 times
You know, I have been in one of the better Medicare Advantage plans going on 2 years. And I agree. It is the best insurance I have ever had. Many people do not realize just how good Medicare is.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:47 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I have to agree with you, a little. I think that it's disingenuous to exempt the current retirees and the 10 years from now retirees. If we're going to change the rules for EVERYONE, and stop favoring this group at the expense of the other age groups.

Secondly, I don't see Ryan decreasing the defense budget. Why must we always be the policeman of the world? Let those freeloader countries take care of themselves and provide their own defense. Maybe that's why those countries can actually take care of their own citizens because they don't have to worry about a defense budget.

Two income tax brackets, 10% & 25%. Too low.
Please get rid of all of those ridiculous child tax credits, credits for non-working spouse, earned income tax credit, benefits for children of illegals and illegals, mortgage tax credits and all of the other favored ppl in this country. there are too many ppl in the wagon and not enough that are pulling it.
I favor not taxing interest, but still feel that the piddly capital gains tax is fair.

I dont often agree with Chris Matthew, in fact hardly ever, but if you go to the 5 minute mark or slightly before that. Listen to what they are talking about and what he says. "The voters do want something for nothing..."

He's kind of right here. People want stuff. And when that stuff ends up hurting us or needs to be overhauled to be sustainable, a lot of people get ancy and angry and worry they may lose something.

Paul Ryan Squares Away Chris Matthews - YouTube

I think if Romney and Ryan can tweak a plan and deliver a plan to the American public, its risky, but I think if explained well enough perhaps it could work.

I think also a total overhaul of the tax code needs to be done. Its an absolute mess and there is no way in hell that our tax code should be this complicated. I agree some stupid credits need to be tossed. Loop holes need to be closed. Drop the rates, drop the rates significantly for companies too. But close the loop holes. And damn it, re-write the thing so its not so damn complicated. Have an outside source do it if you have to.

So, you may not like the Ryan plan before, but it can be tweaked and adjusted people. I believe most sane people, when the facts are shown to you, will agree that something has to be done about these two programs. I dont think Obama has offered anything, and I dont believe he ever mentioned anything about our tax code and rules either, except he just wants to raise the taxes back up on the rich.

If Romney/Ryan mean anything, I think it means finally taking some pressing issues head on and dealing with them. How much longer can we keep kicking the can down the road?

Old 08-12-2012, 07:53 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post

Sorry. Not doing your work for you. Too bad if you can't Google it yourself. I've already researched Obama's and Romney's plans.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:28 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections