Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 10:52 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times

Advertisements

Apparently, she wants to give others a "chance."

LMAO

Does anyone really believe that?

I'd bet dollars to donuts she's not speaking because she wasn't going to be given one of the top time slots to deliver her brand of "word salad."

I'd been hearing that she would most likely be given an afternoon time slot, one which get far less media coverage than the evening time slots do, and I'll bet her massive ego just couldn't bear that and that's why she pulled out.

And, no, I don't know that for a fact. But I do know that she has spent four years showing us what an attention ***** she is and the only reason I can see her passing on this opportunity is because the spotlight wasn't going to be on her.

Sarah Palin won’t speak at GOP convention - The Washington Post

Quote:
Sarah Palin has announced that she will not be speaking at the 2012 Republican National Convention, saying it’s time to give others a chance.
“This year is a good opportunity for other voices to speak at the convention and I’m excited to hear them,” she said in a statement to Fox News’s Greta van Susteren.
The announcement comes as Palin, who was the big-ticket item at the 2008 convention as the party’s vice presidential nominee, seeks to find a place for herself in a Republican Party whose establishment is wary of her unpopularity. Similarly, former president George W. Bush and former vice president Dick Cheney, who could also pose problems for the GOP by speaking at the convention, will not appear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 11:03 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
This is rather old news. She wasn't asked to speak. People should understand this, Sarah Palin has caused her own problems with the GOP.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:05 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
People should understand this, Sarah Palin has caused her own problems with the GOP.
I agree. I am glad she is not speaking at the convention.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:07 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Who cares? She isnt on the ticket. I dont care who we hear from other than Romney and Ryan. Period.

Have fun at your convention. I heard Jimmy Carter will speak. Normally that would be just a silly funny joke, except its true. Oh how ironic and fitting.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Have fun at your convention. I heard Jimmy Carter will speak. Normally that would be just a silly funny joke, except its true. Oh how ironic and fitting.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:10 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
This is rather old news. She wasn't asked to speak. People should understand this, Sarah Palin has caused her own problems with the GOP.
That actually made me laugh, good to see Republicans moving on from their Palin mistake. It is funny that she is trying to be relevant by saying she choose not to speak.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That actually made me laugh, good to see Republicans moving on from their Palin mistake. It is funny that she is trying to be relevant by saying she choose not to speak.
She craves attention. That's all I think this woman cares about - attention. She thrives on it. I don't think she gives a damn whether it's positive or negative attention. In her mind, she has to remain relevant. (Obviously this statement isn't something that would elicit negative attention. I am merely speaking in general.)

Old 08-13-2012, 11:55 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Apparently, she wants to give others a "chance."

LMAO

Does anyone really believe that?

I'd bet dollars to donuts she's not speaking because she wasn't going to be given one of the top time slots to deliver her brand of "word salad."

I'd been hearing that she would most likely be given an afternoon time slot, one which get far less media coverage than the evening time slots do, and I'll bet her massive ego just couldn't bear that and that's why she pulled out.

And, no, I don't know that for a fact. But I do know that she has spent four years showing us what an attention ***** she is and the only reason I can see her passing on this opportunity is because the spotlight wasn't going to be on her.

Sarah Palin won’t speak at GOP convention - The Washington Post
What a load of .. Sarah is, as if anybody will believe she doesn't want to speak at the Convention ... err, wait a sec, maybe they weren't offering enough money. Hmmm...

Old 08-13-2012, 11:57 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
She craves attention. That's all I think this woman cares about - attention. She thrives on it. I don't think she gives a damn whether it's positive or negative attention. In her mind, she has to remain relevant. (Obviously this statement isn't something that would elicit negative attention. I am merely speaking in general.)

Yep...it's Dr. Spock's "Potato Chip Theory:" A child would prefer positive attention (i.e. a crispy potato chip), but will settle for acting out and getting negative attention (a soggy potato chip). Palin is eternally in full-tilt "Beauty Pageant" mode.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
So Sarah claims that the RNC banned her for being too good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections