Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 days ago)

27,634 posts, read 16,120,970 times

Advertisements

And the award for divisive tactics no doubt still goes left.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:30 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Two things:
1- In your world, "largely non-Euro/American" and "chains" can mean only one thing.
2- In your world, "Euro/American" (and I'm sure you have your own definitions of whatever THAT entails), with largely "non-Euro" (whatever that is supposed to mean) crowd are technically "non-Euro".

And point fingers the other way.

Lameness at its best.
Of other ethnicity. Non-european ethnicity.

How difficult is that to understand?

Not at all.

Terms such as white and black to describe Americans are racial terms and not terms that relate to ethnicity.

It's 2012, get used to it.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:47 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Because it works.
Because fear is good and it works. Personally, I think it was a disgusting and insulting remark.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:01 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Because fear is good and it works. Personally, I think it was a disgusting and insulting remark.
What's more disgusting is that this stuff actually happened way back when. The left uses these disgusting events for political purposes.

The truth is that this message does nothing to advance black Americans. What's the message? Don't let this happen to you. That's the goal. That's it.

Where's the message to the black community to get jobs, to be self sufficient, and dare I say it - to be wealthy?

The goal - don't let whitey get you. OK. When the goal is reached, then what? No one's financial situation has gotten better... inner city education still sucks... but hey, I'm not in chains.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:15 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,810,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Of other ethnicity. Non-european ethnicity.

How difficult is that to understand?

Not at all.

Terms such as white and black to describe Americans are racial terms and not terms that relate to ethnicity.

It's 2012, get used to it.
Trust me, the issue of race card, who plays it, who sheds crocodile tears, the playground and the timing are all blatantly obvious. NOTHING difficult about understanding THAT.

What is amusing, however, is the lameness with which these excuses are put forth. But then, so is interchangeability of ethnicity and race, or assumptions that "largely" is as good as 100%.

And, trust me on this as well... someone has to be thinking "race card" to create threads along the lines.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Trust me, the issue of race card, who plays it, who sheds crocodile tears, the playground and the timing are all blatantly obvious. NOTHING difficult about understanding THAT.

What is amusing, however, is the lameness with which these excuses are put forth. But then, so is interchangeability of ethnicity and race, or assumptions that "largely" is as good as 100%.

And, trust me on this as well... someone has to be thinking "race card" to create threads along the lines.
Largely doesn't mean 100%. You assume that largely means 100%, if I meant 100% I'd have said so.

Race and ethnicity are not interchangeable - but to uneducated democrats I suppose they would believe that it is.

If dems would spend less time ascribing a racial category to people, this country would progress instead of retreating backward.

I don't think along "racial lines" I read the news and when an article is posted that points out the hypocritical nature of the left, and democrats with regard to race, I have no problem posting them.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Largely doesn't mean 100%. You assume that largely means 100%, if I meant 100% I'd have said so.
Correct. Largely shouldn't mean 100%. Then, why did you create this thread?

Quote:
Race and ethnicity are not interchangeable - but to uneducated democrats I suppose they would believe that it is.
Correct. Race and ethnicity are not interchangeable. The issue then is...
- Why do republicans who claim to be educated, have the desire to throw those two words together? Are they no better than these assumed uneducated democrats? Evidence points in that direction.
- Is this thread about ethnicity, or race?

Quote:
If dems would spend less time ascribing a racial category to people, this country would progress instead of retreating backward.
You're not a dem, are you? But, you spent time to create this thread, and based on "largely <insert a race here>" for your title.

As I said... figuring out players of race card, their playground and timing is blatantly obvious. There is no need to spell those out.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:27 AM

Here's another lovely article I read a couple of days ago in the Wall Street Journal.

WSJ - Southern White Democrats Face End of Era in Congress

One can only hope this comes sooner rather than later.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Here's another lovely article I read a couple of days ago in the Wall Street Journal.

WSJ - Southern White Democrats Face End of Era in Congress

One can only hope this comes sooner rather than later.
You're right, it is "them" playing the race card.

Lameness galore.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
- Is this thread about ethnicity, or race?

As I said... figuring out players of race card, their playground and timing is blatantly obvious. There is no need to spell those out.
This thread is about neither the concept of race nor ethnicity. It is about the democrats pandering to race, by using terms like "return you to slavery", "back on the plantation", etc. to hold on to their base.

As I said, whenever I find an article that points out the hypocritical nature of the democratic left, especially during the election cycle which is ramping up to be a doozy, I will create a thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections