Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 01:45 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,898 times

Advertisements

People are foolish if they think there is not going to be a continued gap in high earners and the mean/median wage...those who are going to bring some new revolutionary idea, related to technology will make alot of money, or those who can provide value on a global scale will make alot of money compared than those with less skills ..and there will be no catching up. That is why the only solution is for people to continue to add skills ....

Not sure why people focus on this so much...

The Earth is flat...

Old 08-14-2012, 01:51 PM

271 posts, read 168,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You and the OP are more than welcome to put on display not only the fact that Obamas net new jobs during his administration is ZERO, but also that you dont know crap about economic cycles.
Looking at the graph, jobs started to pick up around Feb. 2010, just when Obama's stimulus package would be kicking into effect. Sorry, but maybe you should revise your economics 101, as of right now, your grasp of it stinks.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And how would the chart change if we used the effective tax rate instead? Unless you're about to offer some data that shows a change in direction in marginal vs effective rates, your point is moot...
I dont know how it would change but since you are trying to make a point, then its up to you to use the CORRECT charts..

Old 08-14-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaybu View Post
Looking at the graph, jobs started to pick up around Feb. 2010, just when Obama's stimulus package would be kicking into effect. Sorry, but maybe you should revise your economics 101, as of right now, your grasp of it stinks.
Oohh I cant wait for you to teach me economics 101.. Here, lets start here

Where did the money come from?

Hey, maybe I should create a stupid chart that shows the stimulus spending and the numbers on welfare. According to you and eddies argument, clearly one can summarize that obama stimulus is responsible for welfare growth because they grow side by side, right?

Old 08-14-2012, 02:41 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
I dont know how it would change but since you are trying to make a point, then its up to you to use the CORRECT charts..
Good point. Except for the fact that there's nothing incorrect about the chart...

Old 08-14-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Good point. Except for the fact that there's nothing incorrect about the chart...
They'd only be accurate if people paid marginal tax rates.. They dont, and thus they are dumb charts. Maybe I should show a chart comparing the numbers of cat owners vs dog owners and then claim that proves Obama is great.. Thats about how little your chart has value to the discussion.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:50 PM

271 posts, read 168,502 times
Quote:
Oohh I cant wait for you to teach me economics 101.. Here, lets start here

Hey, maybe I should create a stupid chart that shows the stimulus spending and the numbers on welfare. According to you and eddies argument, clearly one can summarize that obama stimulus is responsible for welfare growth because they grow side by side, right?
Only in an amateur like you would believe that a stimulus package would increase welfare growth. Here's a reason why welfare increased: there was a recession going on.

In terms of economic principles, if you have a falling economy, you need to increase the money supply. And that's what was happening in September 2008, a falling economy. The government had to step in to evert going over the cliff. The stimulus package was conceived under Bush and was carried out by Obama, and its impact only took effect starting in Feb. 2010. That graph confirms that much.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:54 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Fact Check: Ryan budget plan doesn't actually slash the budget | Fox News

It projected taxpayers making over $1 million would see tax cuts averaging $175,000

Read more: Fact Check: Ryan budget plan doesn't actually slash the budget | Fox News

Those are the jobs that's been created under Obama without rich people's tax cuts. Think about how much more it's gonna be when they have even more money to raise our wages and create jobs for us.

I can't wait for wages to go up, as Romney has implied they would under him.

I think we can tell by the chart above, that the rich obviously need to pay less taxes to get this economy recovering.
The rich sure haven't used the tax cuts they have to create jobs . The republican rich have listened to the GOP and pulled their cash back to make Obama look bad. How could we trust them to do it under mitt?

Old 08-14-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Only in an amateur like you would believe that a stimulus package would increase welfare growth. Here's a reason why welfare increased: there was a recession going on.
I never said stimulus was responsible for welfare growth, I said I could create a graph showing the two of them growing and then using YOUR standards, you would have to believe one is responsible for the other.

try reading comprehension
Quote:
In terms of economic principles, if you have a falling economy, you need to increase the money supply. And that's what was happening in September 2008, a falling economy. The government had to step in to evert going over the cliff.
I ask yo again.

Quote:
The stimulus package was conceived under Bush and was carried out by Obama, and its impact only took effect starting in Feb. 2010.
Lie, that was TRP conceived by Bush and passed..
Quote:
That graph confirms that much.
Back to once again the same argument as before
So if I created a chart showing the stimulus spending, and welfare increases growing side by side, according to your standard, the stimulus would be responsible for welfare increases, right?

Old 08-14-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The rich sure haven't used the tax cuts they have to create jobs . The republican rich have listened to the GOP and pulled their cash back to make Obama look bad. How could we trust them to do it under mitt?
Yeah, those rich people are making sure there is no demand, so they cant grow their business and make more money, just so they can make Obama look bad..

Its a great big world wide conspiracy to embarass Obama, the man loved and admired world wide..

doesnt that sound just dumb?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections