Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:47 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,501,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Once America looks into future Vice-President Ryan's beautiful azure eyes, they will all see he is the man for them.

Why, just the other day, I was watching an interview with him, and I thought... oh, I'm sorry, I lost my track of thought while I started thinking about Ryan's gorgeous azure eyes!
Yes, and he seems like such a nice young man too (oops, my Life Alert just went off...)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 07:50 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,092,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
That's Ryan's home state 'fer godssakes... and all he accomplishes there is a tossup?!

Yeah, he's a real formidable "game-changer" alright!
Oh come on. Wisonsin is a blue state. you realize Ryan represents only a small, conservative portion of it right? That's like Obama picking a representative from Atlanta as his running mate and people asking what Georgia is still red.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:52 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,830,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Oh come on. Wisonsin is a blue state. you realize Ryan represents only a small, conservative portion of it right? That's like Obama picking a representative from Atlanta as his running mate and people asking what Georgia is still red.
I thought the governor of Wisconsin is a Republican?! Was that whole fiasco with him just in my imagination??!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:53 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,501,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Then what is it, exactly, that y'all are bragging about...? This is a big deal or it's not... which is it?

Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,314,931 times
Quote:
Then what is it, exactly, that y'all are bragging about...? This is a big deal or it's not... which is it?
As it stands, its not really a big deal, but if this is any indication of how the nominee is viewed nation wide, as a whole, it could be a big deal. Not enough information to determine.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 PM

25,604 posts, read 56,690,434 times
Wonder if Romney will dump Ryan? Certainly is a controversial pick.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,314,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Wonder if Romney will dump Ryan? Certainly is a controversial pick.
I think he was picked because he was controverial..

Old 08-14-2012, 08:03 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,321,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
There are plenty of stubborn liberal ideologues here would be my best guess as to why it's only a tossup (as if polls are to be believed at this point). Wisconsin went totally red in '10, but hasn't voted for a republican presidential candidate since '84. It's not always easy to understand how or why that has been the case. Perhaps there are enough left over hippies in Madison, or union members in the industrial areas who get political info primarily from those union magazines... I came across one of those once, it was the strangest thing to read. You could almost smell the mafia thuggery on the pages, if mafia thuggery had a smell.... a smell that was transferable to the pages of a union rag.
More people vote in presidential elections that midterm elections, and clearly there more Democrats vote every four years than every two years.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I thought the governor of Wisconsin is a Republican?! Was that whole fiasco with him just in my imagination??!
Wisconsin is a blue state. So is New Jersey, but they have a GOP Governor. Surely you are not telling me New Jersey is a red state. I guess Kentucky is a blue state since their governor is a Democrat. It would be absolutely humiliating if Obama lost a blue state like Kentucky!

Scott Walker's policies, whether you want to admit it or not, have a lot of appeal outside of the GOP. That's why he won in a Blue state

Old 08-14-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Of course it's a big deal, he moved a Blue state to the tossup category. When on Earth did i imply that is anything but a big deal!? I don't see what you don't get here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections