Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 09:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I can't see Obama gaining votes by adding Hillary. She'd be even more of a lightning rod than Biden or Ryan.
It would help with the women voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 09:46 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
it isn't going to happen. Palin assured that when she came out for it. The right will have a blast noting how obama is now taking advice from palin.
best remark ever !!!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:52 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
best remark ever !!!
For a "normal politician" I'd buy that but with Obama who's a radical I don't put it past him.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
More likely a foreign policy discussion. I would like to see Hillary on the ticket. Obama landslide, but they need a way to have Biden leave with dignity and not look like he got kicked to the curb. He is still popular in PA, OH rust belt areas, though Clinton might deliver more women and otherwise unlikely voters if she were on the ticket.
I would probably agree with you about the landslide, but my thoughts are more running: panic time..If this was the case, Biden gone, Hillary in, and it had happened 6 months ago, maybe, but Obama has donetoo many things in the past 90 days that spell, I will do anything to anybody just to win. I think this would backfire.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It isn't going to happen. Palin assured that when she came out for it. The right will have a blast noting how Obama is now taking advice from Palin.
oh come on: Palin isn't the only one that has predicted or suggested Biden go and Hillary come??

Old 08-16-2012, 09:58 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
For a "normal politician" I'd buy that but with Obama who's a radical I don't put it past him.
I don't think you know what that word means.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:58 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It would help with the women voters.
Obama doesn't need help with Woman voters. It's the white male support that he needs and that's why Biden needs to stay on the ticket.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
What world are you living in????? Not the one of reality anyway.
and you? the house has introduced bill on top of bill but the senate either says no way or the Pres says, don't bother!!!! I love how he is a uniter instead of divider!!!!

Nita

Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,923 times
Does Clinton even want the job? She didn't in 2008.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:25 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would probably agree with you about the landslide, but my thoughts are more running: panic time..If this was the case, Biden gone, Hillary in, and it had happened 6 months ago, maybe, but Obama has donetoo many things in the past 90 days that spell, I will do anything to anybody just to win. I think this would backfire.
Obama is where Obama has been for some time - slightly ahead and with a favorable electoral path. Romney is a longer shot. In any case, I read an interesting article yesterday about "unlikely voters". They tilt 2-1 for Obama and if they showed up it would be not only an electoral but a popular vote landslide. But they don't for various reasons many having to do with not thinking their vote matters or that the choice is really not that significant. They did show a strong tendency to vote if they thought their votes would help in a close election and Clinton seemed to move them significantly as well. Obama wins if he can get people to the polls. Maybe Clinton is what he needs. If he truly believes that this is a choice about the future of the country and he thinks that his vision may go down otherwise, I think he would change VPs

The timing: during the Republican convention, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections