Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 12:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjun0 View Post
If Obama want's a slam dunk. Pick Hillary for VP. He should have done it four years ago.
No, if the Dems wanted a slam dunk at a shot for 2 terms they should have nominated Hillary in 2008.
She would have gotten my vote in 2008. As it was I didn't vote for either D or R for President in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 12:43 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Doubt it. Wish Hillary would have ran for president again in 2012. She is an adult leader that can pass an annual budget.
Lady MacBeth has more blood on her hands than did former Pres. George W. Bush. She is Obama's Grim Reaper. Electing someone because you think they can pass a budget is a reflection of how low the bar in this country for leaders has been set.

This country needs a Clinton Dynasty like it needs another Kennedy or Bush in federal politics.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:44 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
I, for one, am sick of those who try to paint Vice President Biden as an out of touch fool or as an embarassing old uncle who makes you cringe every time he opens his mouth.

The truth is VP Biden is one of our few elder statesman who really knows what's going on, who the players are, and is respected around the world.

The right-wingers ridicule him because:

a) they're clueless,

b) they can't keep up with him, and/or

c) they have no one to put up that can match him.

Biden vs. Ryan is the VP debate? Are you serious? I don't usually care for bloodsports but I can't wait to see the VP take Ryan to school. Unlike with Palin, he will not be holding back against the Wisconsin representative nor should he.

I think the main reason that the Republicans hate him is because he doesn't sugarcoat things, like his recent comment regarding the conservatives wanting to unchain the big financial institutions from regulatory oversight and accountability and instead placing the chains on us, the consumers. That is the cold, hard truth that he spoke and they can't handle it.

President Obama needs him out there telling those truths and we, the American people need to hear, understand, and believe those truths.

Vice President Biden calls it like it is and many of us respect the **** out of him for it and that's why he's not going anywhere.

Just my humble opinion.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
I, for one, am sick of those who try to paint Vice President Biden as an out of touch fool or as an embarassing old uncle who makes you cringe every time he opens his mouth.

The truth is VP Biden is one of our few elder statesman who really knows what's going on, who the players are, and is respected around the world.

The right-wingers ridicule him because:

a) they're clueless,

b) they can't keep up with him, and/or

c) they have no one to put up that can match him.

Biden vs. Ryan is the VP debate? Are you serious? I don't usually care for bloodsports but I can't wait to see the VP take Ryan to school. Unlike with Palin, he will not be holding back against the Wisconsin representative nor should he.

I think the main reason that the Republicans hate him is because he doesn't sugarcoat things, like his recent comment regarding the conservatives wanting to unchain the big financial institutions from regulatory oversight and accountability and instead placing the chains on us, the consumers. That is the cold, hard truth that he spoke and they can't handle it.

President Obama needs him out there telling those truths and we, the American people need to hear, understand, and believe those truths.

Vice President Biden calls it like it is and many of us respect the **** out of him for it and that's why he's not going anywhere.

Just my humble opinion.
So Romney really is going to put the Blacks "back in chains" ?

Old 08-16-2012, 12:47 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So Romney really is going to put the Blacks "back in chains" ?
When was it limited to Blacks?

Old 08-16-2012, 12:53 PM

569 posts, read 671,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually I have been paying attention to both the failures and successes, and his successes are enough for me to vote for Obama, and Romney's unwillingness to run on his time as governor or his business background makes me less likely to vote for him....that and I have hated Romney for years, since his first bid for president. I didn't trust him then and I don't trust him now.
He might not want to run on his time as Gov. Wasn't his nickname Fifi for all the fees (called that so they weren't called taxes) he tried to introduce? There was an old Tim Russert interview where he brings this up and Mitt does the same disingenuous laugh he does when he is full of sh&t.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Does Clinton even want the job? She didn't in 2008.
my guess, absolutely not. She has said over and over she wants out of politics period with a capitol P. Add to that is she any thoughts of running in 2016 (which she doesn't most likely) if she were to run this time and they did lose she would really be a has been; if they won, she would be looked at, just like Obama, another politician that would do anything and step on anyone just to win...

Annifani: 2002, she was passed over? What election took place in 2002?

Last edited by nmnita; 08-16-2012 at 01:35 PM..

Old 08-16-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama is where Obama has been for some time - slightly ahead and with a favorable electoral path. Romney is a longer shot. In any case, I read an interesting article yesterday about "unlikely voters". They tilt 2-1 for Obama and if they showed up it would be not only an electoral but a popular vote landslide. But they don't for various reasons many having to do with not thinking their vote matters or that the choice is really not that significant. They did show a strong tendency to vote if they thought their votes would help in a close election and Clinton seemed to move them significantly as well. Obama wins if he can get people to the polls. Maybe Clinton is what he needs. If he truly believes that this is a choice about the future of the country and he thinks that his vision may go down otherwise, I think he would change VPs

The timing: during the Republican convention, of course.
you are talking about reading something about "unlikely voters" what does that have to do with anything? You are saying he is slightly (Obama) ahead, yes, in many polls this is true, but think of what he has done recently to try and win: he is giving away anything and everything..Do you really think none of this is going to backfire? The big question, as you are saying: getting people to the polls, sure she might help, but she could just as well kill him. Add to that, she has repeated said: I don't want anymore politics, she is tired, she looks like H#** and probably would be very content to just go home to New York, relax and enjoy the rest of her life.

Nita

Old 08-16-2012, 01:23 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Biden might step down for health reasons, he got an infection in one of his plugs..!!

Old 08-16-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So what you are saying is that just because the Republicans are in control of 1/3 of Congress and President that somehow the Democrats should rubber stamp everything they want? If the tables were flipped, would you be saying the same thing if the Republicans were stopping all the bills the Democrats were passing in the house? We both know your answer on this one.
Absolutely not: what I am saying is: no matter what the house tries to push through the senate or the Pres say, forget it: No one would ever want to see any one party in total control, nor should either side rubber stamp just to be the nice guys. This is the reason we have 3 branches of government..Would I be saying the same thing if the tables were turned, maybe, maybe not: it would depend on the issue. What I am saying is there is no cooperation on the left side, no matter what it is. If the Pres doesn't approve or the senate does not approve we are seeing almost not compromise, if the Pres wants something though, he just says :executive order" I have probably been voting more years than you have been alive and I have never seen so little working together. I don't know if you are old enough to remember the Reagan days or even the Clinton days, but Reagan and the Democrats worked together and Clinton and the Republicans did the same. Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections