Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 07:59 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,768 times

Advertisements

Is Today the Day? | The Weekly Standard

Hmmmm

I think they are going to do this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 08:06 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,252,674 times
More likely a foreign policy discussion. I would like to see Hillary on the ticket. Obama landslide, but they need a way to have Biden leave with dignity and not look like he got kicked to the curb. He is still popular in PA, OH rust belt areas, though Clinton might deliver more women and otherwise unlikely voters if she were on the ticket.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
More likely a foreign policy discussion. I would like to see Hillary on the ticket. Obama landslide, but they need a way to have Biden leave with dignity and not look like he got kicked to the curb. He is still popular in PA, OH rust belt areas, though Clinton might deliver more women and otherwise unlikely voters if she were on the ticket.
I think it would give them a boost, but in all honesty, it would be silly to suddenly vote for them because of that. After all, she would still only be VP. Obama wouldnt change. But the sad truth is, that would affect some people's decision, for whatever reason.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:09 AM

26,509 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Doubt it. Wish Hillary would have ran for president again in 2012. She is an adult leader that can pass an annual budget.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:11 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times
Quote:
There is no way to make it look like he left with dignity and is not getting kicked to the curb. If he does leave, everyone will know it's because he's a colossal tit. There's no way around it at this point. It's just a matter of determining which is the bigger political liability: keeping him around, or tacitly informing your supporters that you and they picked a colossal tit as VP.

At any rate the Weekly Standard has been fantasizing about this for a while now, and I doubt anyone but them seriously thinks Biden might be jettisoned. I'm not sure the Weekly Standard even seriously believes it.

Last edited by Drover; 08-16-2012 at 08:19 AM..

Old 08-16-2012, 08:16 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,882 times
I'm not giving odds on it happening, but it would be golden.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Doubt it. Wish Hillary would have ran for president again in 2012. She is an adult leader that can pass an annual budget.
Not when the House is full of children. Jesus Christ (D) could not get a budget passed with that rabble.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
It isn't going to happen. Palin assured that when she came out for it. The right will have a blast noting how Obama is now taking advice from Palin.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
There is no way to make it look like he left with dignity and is not getting kicked to the curb. If he does leave, everyone will know it's because he's a colossal tit. There's no way around it at this point. It's just a matter of determining which is the bigger political liability: keeping him around, or tacitly informing your supporters that you and they picked a colossal tit as VP.

At any rate the Weekly Standard has been fantasizing about this for a while now, and I doubt anyone but them seriously thinks Biden might be jettisoned. I'm not sure the Weekly Standard even seriously believes it.
Perhaps. But its hard to not make note of these meetings, given recent events. Cant blame them for speculating, even if they dont believe it. Its too easy to pass up.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Not when the House is full of children. Jesus Christ (D) could not get a budget passed with that rabble.
The House has no problem with getting things passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections