Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 08:56 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,214,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
wow

lol patheic
haha, yep, Somalia is pathetic, but a great example of what no government to stand in the way of business looks like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 09:06 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,893 times
well Somalia does have a government. It is just so corrupt that it's ineffective, I fear here will resemble there soon if this path doesn't reverse course.

Also I can't recall any anarchists here in this thread. Limiting the *central government* to the powers that it is enumerated doesn't equal Somalia if that's what you're hinting at.

But most importantly Somalia's problem isn't Politicians and papers that they write on, it is a people problem. Unfortunately I fear here is heading towards there in this regard too, unless this path is completely reversed.

I recall seeing an article on The Economist Twitter feed earlier today showing that only 3% of US college attendees are taking courses in "difficult" educations ie math science etc while China and India are somewhere above 80%.

Not long ago the US was the golden child of education and innovation today we're at 3%. Once we hit 0%, we aren't too far from Somalia are we?

When the government puts the squeeze on food stamps what will the 10's of millions of people dependent on it do? Majority will suffer but even if a small % decide to go rouge we're in big trouble.

critical thinking, we need more of it. I've started, you join me and that makes 2. Invite a friend and that'll be 3. We and only we can correct this.

Not a puppet we've been force fed, some some piece of paper signed by some stranger, and definitely not the two party system. Wake the F up man.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:09 PM

^That goes to Romney supporters here too.

Romney won't do anything for you either, the ball will keep rolling from GWB to BHO to M?R and to the next guy as well.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:11 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,099,202 times
Somalia never fought and won a war for FREEDOM...

They never had a Constitution or Rule of Law....

When the Rule of LAW becomes The Rule of Men or The Rule of Trannys, or The rule of "Bankers" YOUR FREEDOM IS GONE

Old 08-16-2012, 09:12 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,891,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Having another man kiss your butt? That sounds gay.
So you finally figured obama out, good for you...!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:16 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,073,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
obama is no friend of the job producers of this nation

Broken Arrow Businessman Says President Obama Can Kiss His...
Broken Arrow Businessman Says President Obama Can Kiss His... - KTUL.com - Tulsa, Oklahoma - News, Weather & Sports

A sign in Broken Arrow is raising some eyebrows.

The sign is hanging next to Additive Systems, Inc. on Main Street in Broken Arrow.
It says "'We' built this business without gov't. help. Obama can kiss our ass."
It goes on to say, "I'm Bob Roggendorff and I approve this message."

And so the co-owner of the Village Corner Deli here agreed to cater Obama’s visit Wednesday — but not before donning a T-shirt blaring the message: “Government didn’t build my business. I did.â€
Iowa deli co-owner caters for Obama visit, but his T-shirt tells another story - The Washington Post

After declining Biden stop yesterday, Radford bakery ran out of food today
The owner of Crumb and Get It says he doesn't agree with the Obama administration's policies.

Radford business owner declines Joe Biden's request to stop in store - wdbj7.com
These are insidious unpatriotic lies.

Insulting and Lying about your President leads to our Enemy's getting stronger and stronger. Lying about building roads and education and other services that the Selfish RICH would never provide to other classes is very Republican of them.

Being a Two-faced salesman who is too ignorance to not find out the truth about republican propaganda also doesn't help our Country.

Being a Republican baker in a Republican area does not make it civil for you to deny a hungry customer passing by because you were also too stupid and brainwashed by evil republican lies. Such brainwashed behavior also rottens our nation.

You didn't build those roads and bridges, stop lying Republicans... You are dividing our Nation with your hateful lies.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
well Somalia does have a government. It is just so corrupt that it's ineffective, I fear here will resemble there soon if this path doesn't reverse course.

Also I can't recall any anarchists here in this thread. Limiting the *central government* to the powers that it is enumerated doesn't equal Somalia if that's what you're hinting at.

But most importantly Somalia's problem isn't Politicians and papers that they write on, it is a people problem. Unfortunately I fear here is heading towards there in this regard too, unless this path is completely reversed.

I recall seeing an article on The Economist Twitter feed earlier today showing that only 3% of US college attendees are taking courses in "difficult" educations ie math science etc while China and India are somewhere above 80%.

Not long ago the US was the golden child of education and innovation today we're at 3%. Once we hit 0%, we aren't too far from Somalia are we?

When the government puts the squeeze on food stamps what will the 10's of millions of people dependent on it do? Majority will suffer but even if a small % decide to go rouge we're in big trouble.

critical thinking, we need more of it. I've started, you join me and that makes 2. Invite a friend and that'll be 3. We and only we can correct this.

Not a puppet we've been force fed, some some piece of paper signed by some stranger, and definitely not the two party system. Wake the F up man.
You doom and gloom people are funny, must be depressing in your world.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You doom and gloom people are funny, must be depressing in your world.
unsurprisingly, you're wrong here too.

life is great at the moment. Have a good job here working for NYC, blessed with the birth of my second child, upsized my vehicle, paying down debts rapidly, and am excited to get my windows tinted on the new vehicle tomorrow.

you're 100% wrong, batting 1.000 as I expected.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
unsurprisingly, you're wrong here too.

life is great at the moment. Have a good job here working for NYC, blessed with the birth of my second child, upsized my vehicle, paying down debts rapidly, and am excited to get my windows tinted on the new vehicle tomorrow.

you're 100% wrong, batting 1.000 as I expected.
Good for you, kids are awesome. I can't wait till I have my first one, which will be a few years away.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Good for you, kids are awesome. I can't wait till I have my first one, which will be a few years away.
thank you, and they definitely are awesome.

good luck to you when you do have them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections