Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 07:42 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,729,143 times

Advertisements

Conservative group American Crossroads released a new web video today, “Run, Joe. Run” – that urges Vice President Joseph Biden to stay in the 2012 race for Vice President.
The video highlights…
** Biden’s recent work to improve race relations in the United States;
**Biden’s deeply held belief in fiscal “sanity”;
**Biden’s “support” for small businesses;
**Biden’s general competence and capability.
This is terrific. Enjoy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 07:44 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,369,030 times
As I said in another thread, the debates are going to be fun.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:32 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,225,994 times
Reverse psychology. The republicans want Biden to drop out (that's why so many R's are suggesting it,despite this ad), because even IF Clinton stepped in it would make the D's look like screw ups and throw them into chaos before the general. They're trying to make it look like Biden stepping down is an option or that it's being considered, when the truth is that it would absolutely be a major problem for the D's if it would happen. The D's know that.

Biden comes across as goofy, but the guy has 40 years of experience in the Senate, most of it on the foreign relations committee, including a stint as chair. He knows his stuff on foreign policy, he serves as an active adviser on those issues now, and that's why he was put on the ticket. They just need to keep him from speaking unscripted to the cameras until the election, because that's his weak point.

As far as Ryan goes--I get why Romney put him on the ticket. The proportion of undecided voters is fairly small at this point and he firms up the base (which Romney desperately needed), but he needs to get his message straight on his budget plan because his inability to provide details is going to kill him--he can't say when it will end the deficit, or even how long it will keep medicare solvent. Combining highly controversial with a lack of details or verification that will even work is not a good combo.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:35 AM

30,213 posts, read 18,783,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Conservative group American Crossroads released a new web video today, “Run, Joe. Run” – that urges Vice President Joseph Biden to stay in the 2012 race for Vice President.
The video highlights…
** Biden’s recent work to improve race relations in the United States;
**Biden’s deeply held belief in fiscal “sanity”;
**Biden’s “support” for small businesses;
**Biden’s general competence and capability.
This is terrific. Enjoy.

Both Biden AND OBAMA are the best chance for the republicans. Failure and incompetence is easy to compete against.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Reverse psychology. The republicans want Biden to drop out (that's why so many R's are suggesting it,despite this ad), because even IF Clinton stepped in it would make the D's look like screw ups and throw them into chaos before the general.

I want them to throw Biden out so I can say Obama followed Sarah Palin's shrewd political advice.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:23 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,260,114 times
That is pretty funny actually. It also makes me like ole Joe Biden even more.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
That is pretty funny actually. It also makes me like ole Joe Biden even more.

......as a stand-up comedian.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:29 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,091,562 times
As a conservative, I would greatly worry about the left dropping Biden for Clinton. I'm glad he's on the ticket. Go ahead and think I'm trying reverse psychology. If that makes you keep Biden on the ticket, then I'm happy.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:32 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,225,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
As a conservative, I would greatly worry about the left dropping Biden for Clinton. I'm glad he's on the ticket. Go ahead and think I'm trying reverse psychology. If that makes you keep Biden on the ticket, then I'm happy.
I'm not keeping anyone on a ticket. I do PR and marketing for a living, and I've been around campaigns for most of my life. I'm not telling you what I think they should do--I'm explaining what they're doing and why. When you break this into making public moves strategically (which is what campaign advisers get paid the big bucks to do) none of this is rocket science.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post

The only reverse psychology employed was by Sarah Palin when she urged Obama to dump Biden.

That settled it for Obama....he couldn't possibly follow her advice. She's a shrewd woman!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections