Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:36 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,371,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
You misunderstand me. The media isn't giving him any coverage, so too many Americans don't even know who he is. As a result, he only has support from internet militants like me. He is unrealistic to hope for in this way, because not enough people will vote for him in the primaries. I will still do my part to promote what he stands for, but not enough people will care.

When our country is truly going down the ****ter, and presidents are ripping up the constitution, then maybe enough people will care so that we can get a real president running.
Sadly, I agree and understand. I encourage everyone who supports Ron Paul to 'come out of the closet' and spread the word. I don't understand why he has a 'lunatic fringe' element. His message is as conservative and simple as can be imagined. The government is too big- why is that so hard to understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 03:01 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,478,233 times
Most people I have talked to say they think Ron Paul is looney. When I first saw him, I found him creepy but could not put my finger on why. I watched one of the debates in a crowded environment and every time he talked people said things like "that guy is crazy", “what a looney toons" or "wacko".

There is a lot I like about Paul but something about him still puts me off. I will try my best to withhold judgment until I see more of him since there are so many of the candidates I do not like.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:16 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,235,714 times
I could care less if the candidate is as "creepy" as Hannibal Lecter or Herman Munster, if they are people of integrity, consistency, and at least reasonably honest and direct, then this is what should matter.

If you want polished shoes and the Brad Pitt, Wallstreet look, then go with the Mittmeister, if you want a folksy good ole boy swappin lies over a jar of shine, then Thompson might be a good choice, if you want to steal back the warhawk party without a conscious, then by all means check out Hillary Giuliani, or was it Rudy Clinton, so hard to tell those two apart.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:45 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,995,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Most people I have talked to say they think Ron Paul is looney. When I first saw him, I found him creepy but could not put my finger on why. I watched one of the debates in a crowded environment and every time he talked people said things like "that guy is crazy", “what a looney toons" or "wacko".

There is a lot I like about Paul but something about him still puts me off. I will try my best to withhold judgment until I see more of him since there are so many of the candidates I do not like.
I think the main problem with Ron Paul is that he rubs off on me as being too eccentric.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:20 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,478,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
I think the main problem with Ron Paul is that he rubs off on me as being too eccentric.
I am still going to keep Paul in mind even though something about him doesn’t sit right. It's still too early to make a decision on anyone. I am waiting for all the dirt to fall out and see which one comes up the cleanest.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:31 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,524,904 times
Ron Paul is not a polished television darling. But he tells the truth. I like people who tell the truth, I guess I'm odd that way.

By the way, simply telling the truth can make you look strange when everyone around you is lying their heads off.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:21 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,732,662 times
I'm not sure why people think his ideas are wacky... they're the ideas that this nation was founded upon. The federal government didn't have drug laws or an income tax... it's simply not covered under its charter, the Constitution. Only later, in 1913, did the 16th amendment get ratified which gave Congress the power to levy taxes on income... but how were we able to sustain a nation for 124 years without a national income tax?

Have you ever wondered why we had an 18th Amendment? And why it was repealed with the 21st Amendment? Because back then the politicians actually followed the Constitution! When the federal powers needed to be expanded, they amended our Constitution. Where's the amendment which delegates the power to the federal government to decide what chemicals a person may ingest? What amendement delegates power to the federal government on matters of healthcare or education? There are none!

Old 10-10-2007, 03:53 PM

13,637 posts, read 21,469,779 times
for those who say they are a social conservative that's fine,but promote that agenda at a state level,not a federal level.Other wise you are just like a liberal Democrat using government at a federal level to promote your agenda.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:29 AM

1,999 posts, read 5,013,383 times
Default Woman and the masses need to be lied to

Speaking the truth is a non-no if you are a politician. The masses as a whole assumes a feminine posture and takes great pleasure in being lied too. Will they admit it? DO they understand themselves? No they do not, but for as long as history was recorded, any society that includes women in the political process sacrifices frankness and honesty from its political leaders. The honesty and frankness of Ron Paul elicits responses like he is creepy and a loony. Women prefer the dead pan lying style of a George Bush or especially the master Bill Clinton.

In comparison to Pauls frank style the blatant lies of Clinton endeared him to masses and especially women. "I did not have sexual relations with that women" They still love him to this day. Or how about Bush Jr. with his claims of WMD's in Iraq? An outrageous silly lie yet they reelected Bush for another term.

The conscious mind claims to want integrity and values, while the sub-conscious mind lusts for dirty lies, deception and scandal. The masses operate in very peculiar ways.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:54 AM

1,984 posts, read 3,890,206 times
Have any of you taken a close look at Duncan Hunter? I like his domestic policies as well as his foriegn policies. Give him a look at least. He has the same problem as Paul though, not much recognition. They both have to get out in front more somehow. I'm not a big fan of Pauls stand on the war and immigration but he's worlds better than the so called "front runners".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections