Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,033,802 times

Advertisements

Obama's campaign is a reflection of his administration. It is unable to budget and live within its means. A cash shortage within the campaign has Obama sending messages that the shortage is "critical".

Obama Calls Money Shortage 'Critical' | The Weekly Standard

How can anyone take such a letter seriously knowing that Obama has made well over 100 campaign stops since filing for re-election? The man cannot even live within the means of other people's money. Obama, his administration, and his campaign are financially irresponsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 07:48 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,435,138 times
An article where the president is begging for money. That is what happens when you don't budget and then overspend.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:00 AM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,266,192 times
No surprise to me. Obama is scary bad with money. And remember how much money his first campaign blew through in order to win the election! Setting a new record for a presidential election run. Obama outspent McCain last election, so let's see if he cries like a baby when he can't do the same with Romney.

And on a side note, this may explain why a high school friend of mine suddenly messaged me through FB and demanded I tell her why I was voting for Romney. After I explained my need for fiscal responsibility in our government, I demanded she tell me why I should vote for Obama.

So later on at work, a black co-worker was griping about how bad things will be for the "little people" if Romney gets elected. I pointed out how black unemployment has gotten worse since Obama took office and that I didn't see how Obama has improved his life. Then my black co-worker said that Romney has too much personal money to be a politician, that he should just go somewhere and be enjoying life spending it. I pointed out that Obama has about $10 million... so he is also a rich man.

Normally we don't talk politics at work, so I find it odd that suddenly yesterday I had to deal with two Obama supporters spewing about their candidate. I was able to talk to another co-worker and quietly point out Romney's good points and he liked what I had to say
One on one personal/FB harassment costs the Obama campaign nothing.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:01 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,150,942 times
Fitting that he isnt just bad with our money, but with his as well.

And what does that say about him and the people around him. He cant even handle a budget with his own campaign, its no surprise our economic situation and debt is an absolute mess. And liberals still support this clown.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,821,800 times
Campaign funding tactic.

Please help me defeat the Evil Rombain. Oh woe is me look at all the money the Rombain is able to raise. Poor little Obungers is the underdog.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 AM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,266,192 times
I think that it's a shame for any candidate to think that they have to spend so much money on advertising during a campaign. I feel strongly that I have never been swayed by campaign advertising. People need to look at the facts objectively, and not pay any attention to campaign ads. There is so much wrong with our electoral process.

And when can we get rid of the electoral college? Everyone's vote should carry the same weight.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:12 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,033,802 times
Thumbs down Not the topic of the thread at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think that it's a shame for any candidate to think that they have to spend so much money on advertising during a campaign. I feel strongly that I have never been swayed by campaign advertising. People need to look at the facts objectively, and not pay any attention to campaign ads. There is so much wrong with our electoral process.

And when can we get rid of the electoral college? Everyone's vote should carry the same weight.
Please study the difference between a Republic and a direct democracy and why our founders did not encourage direct democracy (mob rule).

Old 08-27-2012, 09:17 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,150,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

Youre right. I hate it. Hundreds of millions of dollars waster, imo. I think there should be a limit. Limit that wouldnt even come close to a hundred million.

The sad part is, some of these ads do sway people. How the hell do you let an ad or an endorsement sway your vote? Those people who buy into ads, on both sides, shouldnt vote. If you have to see an ad to decide, you dont know enough.

However, I will say this. It does contradict my previous statements but its important. If the media was fair and nice/harsh equally towards all sides, we wouldnt need ads at all. The fact is, the media is as unreliable in facts and truth as some ads are. They dont do their jobs and report/investigate based on an agenda. That is wrong. Journalism and real unbiased news media is dead.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,488,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Fitting that he isnt just bad with our money, but with his as well.

And what does that say about him and the people around him. He cant even handle a budget with his own campaign, its no surprise our economic situation and debt is an absolute mess. And liberals still support this clown.

Bad with money, bad with spending, = a downhill, negative, in the toilet tanking, damaging economy, no wonder!

Remember his words, i do, have them on tape. I will not spend, without getting approval first, and from you the people, will know what i am spending money on. I will get by-partisian approval first.

Someone has a failing memory lapse.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:38 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,729,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Remember his words, i do, have them on tape. I will not spend, without getting approval first, and from you the people, will know what i am spending money on. I will get by-partisian approval first.

....and he said all legislation would be posted online for a few days before being voted on to give the public a chance to read it first.

Heck....even Nancy Pelosi couldn't read the ObamaCare Bill.........we'll have to pass it to see what's in it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections