Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 09:36 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If that's what she was aiming for she graduated with highest honors....
In what? BYU is a mystery. We don't know if there's grade inflation or if her tutors/teachers thought she was "peaches and cream" and/or very connected, and bumped her up. Didn't she almost trade in Mitt for some faculty member at BYU? His biography indicates that. I'll bet she's glad she's not going home to some academic guy with a herringbone jacket in some banal suburb of SLC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 09:37 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I actually see it from all sides, from all the news outlets, from various posters not all of who are liberals.

For instance when the topic was the Martin-Zimmerman thread certain nonliberal posters had no problem observing that most of those marching were black.

I guess its only an problem when you don't agree with what's being said.
I can give you that with an exception. With the Zimmerman thing, the media and Hollywood, mostly left, made that all about race. You remember what Spike Lee did? The CBC, what some of them said? Others making sure to highlight how Zimmerman was WHITE Hispanic.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:38 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Within 8 years the Hispanic vote will be Republican. It is already in the process of leaving the Democrats.

Texas is about to elect Ted Cruz as our Senator. More Hispanics will follow the conservative path.
And Marco Rubio will be elected R President in 2020.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:38 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
But why were 98% of the convention attendees White?
I thought skin color wasn't supposed to matter. I mean leftists assure me of this quite often.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:42 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
I'd love for more people of different races, etc to attend. But we can't force them. They are free to come and free not to

Old 08-30-2012, 09:42 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
They just found a Black woman to interview on CSPAN.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:44 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Democrats are happy that 20-somethings live with their parents, WE are about giving them better opportunity to live on their own and plan their own route in life.
Democrats would have 25 year olds living in their childhood rooms staring at Obana posters, on their parents health insurance, wondering when they will be able to get a job that allows them to leave home and start a family.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:48 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I'd love for more people of different races, etc to attend. But we can't force them. They are free to come and free not to
And if these people of different races come to the RNC convention and try do join the festivities or do their job....oh, let's say as a umm I don't know say as...a black camerawoman, for example...they won't have to worry about being singled out because of their race, have strange objects thrown at them and be verbally assaulted by any of the attendees, right?

Old 08-30-2012, 09:49 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Democrats would have 25 year olds living in their childhood rooms staring at Obana posters, on their parents health insurance, wondering when they will be able to get a job that allows them to leave home and start a family.
Oh, I love when Republicans talk about this. Guess they don't mind insulting Hispanics in this country for whom it is not uncommon to continue living with one's parents until getting married.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh, I love when Republicans talk about this. Guess they don't mind insulting Hispanics in this country for whom it is not uncommon to continue living with one's parents until getting married.
Its not just Hispanics who do that. I have an Asian friend and when she got married she AND her husband lived with his parents until they could afford to buy a house. She has told me that living in debt for the sake of saying you did something is an American value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections