Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2012, 09:35 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,991,955 times

Advertisements

Can we have a "flip flop" theme at the DNC?
How could any real Repub support this pretender?

"I was not responsible for what happened at Bain Capital after I left" – Mitt Romney
"I was the sole shareholder, sole Managing Director, Chief Executive Officer and President of Bain until I resigned retroactively [huh?] in 2001" – Mitt Romney

"The Arizona immigration policy is a good model" – Mitt Romney
"I didn't really support the Arizona immigration policy" – Mitt Romney

“The Massachusetts healthcare plan should be a model for the nation” – Mitt Romney
“Healthcare reform should be left to the states” – Mitt Romney

"Let Detroit go bankrupt" -Mitt Romney
"I'll take a lot of credit for saving the auto industry" -Mitt Romney

“I believe Roe v Wade has gone too far.” – Mitt Romney
“Roe v Wade has been the law for 20 years ... we should sustain and support it.” – Mitt Romney

“I respect and will protect a woman’s right to choose.” – Mitt Romney
“I never really called myself pro-choice.” – Mitt Romney

“It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam.” – Mitt Romney
“I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and represent our country there.” – Mitt Romney

“I’m not trying to return to Reagan-Bush.” – Mitt Romney
“Ronald Reagan is … my hero.” – Mitt Romney

“I think the minimum wage ought to keep pace with inflation.” – Mitt Romney
"There’s no question raising the minimum wage excessively causes a loss of jobs.” – Mitt Romney

“I saw my father march with Martin Luther King.” – Mitt Romney
“I did not see it with my own eyes.” – Mitt Romney

“I would like to have campaign spending limits.” – Mitt Romney
“The American people should be free to advocate for their candidates without burdensome limitations.” – Mitt Romney

“I supported the assault weapon ban.” – Mitt Romney
"I don’t support any gun control legislation.” – Mitt Romney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 09:56 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Can we have a "flip flop" theme at the DNC?
How could any real Repub support this pretender?
So you think we should support President Obama instead?

So who do you democrats think us 'real republicans' should be supporting this year?

Since he seems to by your measure support the democrats 50% of the time maybe you should support him too in the spirit of bipartisanship.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:58 PM

192 posts, read 438,282 times
Flip romney into a lake, and flop obama onto a boat bound for Africa!

T.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:39 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,217,418 times
Romney flipped on healthcare. On Meet the Press in 2009, Romney stated we should have a national universal healthcare mandate like in Massachusetts. Romney's position changes with the political winds

Mitt Romney Flip-Flopping On National Healthcare / Obamacare Again! - YouTube

Old 08-26-2012, 09:51 AM

876 posts, read 708,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Romney flipped on healthcare. On Meet the Press in 2009, Romney stated we should have a national universal healthcare mandate like in Massachusetts. Romney's position changes with the political winds

Mitt Romney Flip-Flopping On National Healthcare / Obamacare Again! - YouTube

There is a huge difference between having each state take care of health care issues than the Federal government. Plus, he never wanted over $7 billion be taken away from our seniors' Medicare and put into the rest of the country's healthcare.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:07 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,217,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
There is a huge difference between having each state take care of health care issues than the Federal government. Plus, he never wanted over $7 billion be taken away from our seniors' Medicare and put into the rest of the country's healthcare.
Listen to what Romney said in the interview. He clearly said there should be a federal take over. Now that position has changed now he's running for president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections