Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 08:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times

Advertisements

Romney Press Release from 2007 Presidential Campaign:

"Boston, MA – Today, Dr. John Willke, a founder of the Pro Life Movement, endorsed Governor Mitt Romney and his campaign for our nation's highest office. Dr. Willke is a leading voice within the pro-life community and will be an important surrogate for Governor Romney's pro-life and pro-family agenda. "Unlike other candidates who only speak to the importance of confronting the major social issues of the day, Governor Romney has a record of action in defending life. Every decision he made as Governor was on the side of life. I know he will be the strong pro-life President we need in the White House," said Dr. Willke. "Governor Romney is the only candidate who can lead our pro-life and pro-family conservative movement to victory in 2008."

Welcoming Dr. Willke's announcement, Governor Romney said, "I am proud to have the support of a man who has meant so much to the pro-life movement in our country. He knows how important it is to have someone in Washington who will actively promote pro-life policies. Policies that include more than appointing judges who will follow the law but also opposing taxpayer funded abortion and partial birth abortion. I look forward to working with Dr. Willke and welcome him to Romney for President."

Dr. John Willke, A Founder Of The Pro-Life Movement Nationally & Internationally, Endorses Gov. Romney
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 09:01 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

"Boston, MA – Today, Dr. John Willke, a founder of the Pro Life Movement, endorsed Governor Mitt Romney and his campaign for our nation's highest office. Dr. Willke is a leading voice within the pro-life community and will be an important surrogate for Governor Romney's pro-life and pro-family agenda. "Unlike other candidates who only speak to the importance of confronting the major social issues of the day, Governor Romney has a record of action in defending life. Every decision he made as Governor was on the side of life. I know he will be the strong pro-life President we need in the White House," said Dr. Willke. "Governor Romney is the only candidate who can lead our pro-life and pro-family conservative movement to victory in 2008."

Welcoming Dr. Willke's announcement, Governor Romney said, "I am proud to have the support of a man who has meant so much to the pro-life movement in our country. He knows how important it is to have someone in Washington who will actively promote pro-life policies. Policies that include more than appointing judges who will follow the law but also opposing taxpayer funded abortion and partial birth abortion. I look forward to working with Dr. Willke and welcome him to Romney for President."

Dr. John Willke, A Founder Of The Pro-Life Movement Nationally & Internationally, Endorses Gov. Romney
There is no rhyme or reason to who Romney really is. The man has no convictions that he stands by. This will bite him in the a$$, but it will not matter to the right wingers at all.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:28 PM

3 posts, read 2,139 times
I hope Mitt Romney rides his little weasel Paul Ryan back to the hole he crawled out of and Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh goes with them.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:13 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Mittens really doesn't have a clue, does he?

Old 08-27-2012, 03:37 PM
F40

826 posts, read 857,405 times
Am I a bad person if I enjoy watching the implosion of the new REPUBLICAN party?

Old 08-27-2012, 03:57 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
Am I a bad person if I enjoy watching the implosion of the new REPUBLICAN party?
Where were you last election? Even if we lose the presidency it will be by little more than a couple percentage points, if that. beating an incumbent president is no easy feat. And if anything, it's an improvement from where we were in 2006 and 2008.

In sum, please tell me where exactly this "implosion" is occurring??

Old 08-27-2012, 03:59 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

It doesn't appear Romney has endorsed him for anything. Of course he's going to talk him up, that's common courtesy with political endorsements. Either way this is way old news. If it were going to be a big deal, it would have been one already

I don't think it can be said enough that the average voter just doesn't care that much about abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections