Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:56 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
In his speech to the Republican National Convention on Aug. 29, 2012, Paul Ryan described a GM plant in his hometown of Janesville, WI, and said that Barack Obama had given a speech there in 2008, saying that if government supported it, the plant would be there for another 100 years. And that after Obama took office, the plant had then closed.

The usual leftist fanatics have been screaming ever since, that Ryan lied about it.

So, what's the truth?

It's quite simple: Paul Ryan told the exact truth.

Obama's Speech in Janesville, Wisconsin - Council on Foreign Relations

Obama's speech was given at the Janesville plant on Feb. 13, 2008. It was open during that period. Obama said, "I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years."

Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009. And the Janesville GM plant remained open until April 23, 2009... on which day it closed.

MSNBC’s Schultz and Sharpton Falsely Claim Janesville Plant Closed Under President Bush to Slam Ryan « The Greenroom

The Obots on MSNBC have been screaming that Paul Ryan lied about this plant in some unspecified way.

But it is now clear that the liars are Ed Schultz and Al Sharpton of MSNBC.

As usual.

The Democrats are so bankrupt, so bereft of ideas and substance, that they must now accuse Republicans of lying when they clearly didn't. When it's easy to demonstrate the truth of what the Republicans said.

Can the Democrat party sink any lower?
The unabated screaming from the usual Obots is their usual response to being caught with their pants down.

Carry on, Demmies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 11:57 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Wrong as usual, do you really need me to post the link again?

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...gm-plant-open/
Don't bother. One they get something in their little heads...

Old 08-30-2012, 12:01 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
"Medium duty truck production" meaning there were about 50 people still working while about 2800 had already been laid off in December 2008. If that makes Republicans feel better about Paul Ryan comments, then so be it.
That's the spin those on the radical right are running with and trying to distort.

As clearly stated in my link and other credible sources, the GM division of the plant closed down in December of 08'.
Now this is where the right wing goons are trying to spin it like the radical right wing hot air, the plant itself was still open for a handful of workers that were working for Isuzu. The right wing propaganda machine is using this as an excuse to cover for Ryan's lies, and only the most ignorant idiots are believing it ,..

Old 08-30-2012, 12:04 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Yeah I would know since I live about 30 minutes from that plant and one of my best friends was laid off from it before the end of 2008, but these neo-cons like to pretend they know what they're talking about.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-30-2012, 12:04 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,133 times
The Romney campaign has officially gone with the strategy of making ***** up, and of course the head-in-the-sand conservatives are eating it up and don't care.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
The Romney campaign has officially gone with the strategy of making ***** up, and of course the head-in-the-sand conservatives are eating it up and don't care.
It is pretty pathetic, but the right wing propaganda machine has created an army of brainwashed idiots that will believe everything they tell them, also obey, never question, and parrot the lies like good sheep.

It's like nazi germany propaganda all over again,..

Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
That's the spin those on the radical right are running with and trying to distort.

As clearly stated in my link and other credible sources, the GM division of the plant closed down in December of 08'.
Now this is where the right wing goons are trying to spin it like the radical right wing hot air, the plant itself was still open for a handful of workers that were working for Isuzu. The right wing propaganda machine is using this as an excuse to cover for Ryan's lies, and only the most ignorant idiots are believing it ,..
So the plant was still open during Obama's term? Did Obama make a speech there telling them that the government would help them retool and stay open for another hundred years?Why yes he did! There was no lie! The only lie is coming from your side.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:07 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Yeah I would know since I live about 30 minutes from that plant and one of my best friends was laid off from it before the end of 2008, but these neo-cons like to pretend they know what they're talking about.

Ummmm...Was it still open until April 2009? You guys are the liars.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:11 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Technically open but essentially closed before end of 2008. You're basically debating when the final nail was put in the coffin after the patient had already been pulled off life support.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:38 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
Quote:

Gotta love the way the desperate leftist fanatics are twisting themselves into pretzel shapes trying to pretend the plant closed in 2008, when in fact it kept building vehicles until April of 2009. ANYTHING to pretend a Republican lied, when in fact it's plainly the Obots who are lying.

How much would you like to bet that, if Ryan had said nothing about Obama's failed promises, and simply stated "The plant closed in December 2008".....

.... the same desperate leftists would be screaming this morning, that Ryan lied, and the plant actually remained open and producing trucks through April 2009?

As I said elsewhere, the Democrats' mantra about their own lies seems to be: "Crunch all you want. We'll make more."

It's becoming increasingly clear, that these poor losers have nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections