Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Better Off Than You Were Four Years Ago?
YES 50 52.08%
NO 46 47.92%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 03:38 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Ahhhh... the internet.... where everyone has a mansion, 2 vacation homes, is a male or female model, has 5 boats, 6 cars.....

We all get the idea

I am really Paul Mccartney..... I spend my free time bantering on the forums for fun

Since we can hide behind computer screens and say whatever we want and be whoever we secretly want to be......
Actually if your 401K has NOT doubled, then you are doing something wrong. DOW has doubled, and most people have seen their 401K double since 2008. And a lot of people have been able to refinance to a MUCH more affordable mortgage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 03:39 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,513,048 times
I love election time every two years. It's when a bunch of incredibly stupid Americans, Blue kool-aid drinkers and Red kool-aid drinkers, bicker about everything. While you're bickering, both parties are shoving the big Red, White and Blue up all of your asses. Obama promised to save us, now Romney's doing the same thing. When will stupid Americans finally wake up. Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2012, 03:40 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I love election time every two years. It's when a bunch of incredibly stupid Americans, Blue kool-aid drinkers and Red kool-aid drinkers bicker about everything. While you're bickering, both parties are shoving the big Red, White and Blue up all of your asses. Obama promised to save us, now Romney's doing the same thing. When will stupid Americans finally wake up. Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!
which is why I'm voting third party

Old 09-04-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
The Bush Tax Cuts brought-in RECORD government revenues and were paying down the debt faster than experts said was possible.

On top of that, the wealthy were actually paying more taxes than they do now.
Paying it off? Really? Yet, somehow the debt doubled in size while Bush was in office.....

Yes, it means he increased the debt as much as all presidents before him combined.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:45 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yes. The value of my retirement accounts has doubled since Obama took over!
That has been die to the fed policy of easy money not Obama. BTW that is also the reason gas prices have doubled and food prices are rising so much. Our dollar won't be worth spit if Obama is re elected.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:46 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
So basically you have nothing..... gotcha

Apparently, when a partisan seess his party get called out and can't respond..... he/she deflects
Nobody is deflecting. People come on here and say they are doing better. You say something stupid like "that's impossible! nobody is doing better!" Your argument tactics suck.

If it's any consolation to you, I would have been doing better regardless of who is in the whitehouse.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
which is why I'm voting third party
I vote 3rd party, but unlike you, it is not because I think everyone else is stupid.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:47 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
I don't think anyone would wish for the Jimmy Carter interest rates, but it would be nice if interest rates at least kept up with inflation. Low interest rates particularly hurt seniors who can not afford to risk their savings, but instead are losing money to inflation. How could any senior say that they are better off than they were 4 years ago? Four years ago my "safe" money was drawing 5-6%. And to the person who said their 401k took a 50% hit, but had now doubled. That puts you back at square one, not better off. Yes, you are correct my 401k is back even, but when you add in the 40% drop in home value, I defy you to say that you are better off.
i agree.

low interest rates hurt all savers, young and old, on purpose.

if people are homeowners, i don't know how they can say that they are better off now. is this just renters responding that they are better off?

Old 09-04-2012, 03:48 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I vote 3rd party, but unlike you, it is not because I think everyone else is stupid.
Sorry if thats what you thought I meant. I am voting 3rd party for two reasons:

1. The difference between the Democrat and Republican party is next to nothing
2. I actually support and believe in many of the principles of the libertarian candidates

The supposed intellect of my fellow voters has nothing to do with how I vote.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:49 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The stock market has nearly doubled since Obama took office. That's an indisputable fact.

That was the purpose of the fed's easy money plan. That is why retirees can't get any interest to live off of. That is why gas prices have doubled and food prices have risen. The problem is that the corporations and banks have trillions of dollars but won't lend it or invest it because they have no faith in Obama's policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections