Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Better Off Than You Were Four Years Ago?
YES 50 52.08%
NO 46 47.92%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 10:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
LOVE this ad, with obama's own words. Ouch!!

GOP launches 'Obama Isn't Working' message at DNC

Romney camp has SO MUCH of this - pitting obama 2012 against obama 2008.
Well if you are going off that, then the Democrats have plenty of footage of Romney saying one thing one minute and another the next minute, so yeah, Romney ain't looking to hot in the saying what he means category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 10:05 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
It's a poor question to ask because, realistically, 75% of voters are better off than they were 4 years ago. We are - much better off. Those who were hit by the recession were hit hard, but the majority of people in this country are doing fine.
You're way wrong.

Not going bankrupt or having your home foreclosed doesn't mean you're better off. Your talking point isn't working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Heck my industry I am in, architecture, is much better than it was four years ago when firms were shedding jobs at an extremely high rate during the end of the Bush era and into the Obama era. Now it has stabled out, with no more mass layoffs, and firms are actually hiring again, depending on where you live.

So yes, things are better for me now than they were four years ago, now I actually have hope on finding work in my field and that it might actually lead to something good.
Stabled out and no more mass layoffs doesn't mean you're doing better. It just means you're holding your own. For now.

Dems have a very weird concept of 'doing better'. Those 2 words really aren't that hard to understand. Or I didn't think they were.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You're way wrong.

Not going bankrupt or having your home foreclosed doesn't mean you're better off. Your talking point isn't working.

Stabled out and no more mass layoffs doesn't mean you're doing better. It just means you're holding your own. For now.

Dems have a very weird concept of 'doing better'. Those 2 words really aren't that hard to understand. Or I didn't think they were.
Stable is called doing better, as is seeing an increase in hiring rather than mass layoffs....unless you are trying to say mass layoffs are better than increased hiring....then I would think your logic is confusing and backwards.

Oh and not going bankrupt or having your house foreclosed is actually the opposite of bad, those are actually two good things to not have happen....so I guess you are wrong, but you live in backwards world, so I guess that makes you right.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You're way wrong.

I think the best word to describe the Libs right now are desperate and in denial.

They are a rare breed these days:

Quote:
Only twenty eight percent (28%) of Likely U.S. Voters now say the country is heading in the right direction, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey taken the week ending Sunday, August 26.
That's down one point from the week before.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
voter confidence in the nation's current course resembled levels measured in the final months of the George W. Bush administration,
Thanks for the article jt800, it looks like voter confidence is on par with the final months Bush was in office, so that would put us back up to where we were in 2008.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:45 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,794 times
Default Are You Better Off Than You Were Four Years Ago?

In an interview with George Stephanopoulos, President Obama stated that Americans are not better off than they were four years ago. He previously said in an interview with Matt Lauer, "if I don't have this done in three years, then this is gonna be a one term proposition."

Well Mr President, it's time to go.

Obama admits 'You are not better off than four years ago.' - YouTube

Obama One Term Proposition: "I Will Be Held Accountable" - YouTube

Last edited by Horizonite; 09-03-2012 at 11:29 PM..

Old 09-03-2012, 10:59 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Yes, quite a bit, thank you.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:59 PM

998 posts, read 1,325,150 times
yep. if you're not, then maybe you should learn to pick yourself up from your bootstraps, right???

Old 09-03-2012, 11:01 PM

Do we seriously need multiple threads about the exact same thing?

Old 09-03-2012, 11:10 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
You guys could play it straight, with plenty of legitimate criticisms to be leveled at this administration. But instead, how strong is your case if you always gotta lie or use distortions and half-truths?

Like for example pretending that Obama walked into a damn picnic, instead of the truth that he inherited a massive economic debacle, that began before he even took office (or doesn't Dubya's $1.5 trillion emergency TARP bill sound familiar)?!

So yeah, what's not to like about a POTUS who averted a second Great Depression (among other things)! Although sorry about the part that he hasn't magically undone 8 years worth of damage and criminal malfeasance quite fast enuff to suit certain folks (who BTW, haven't done squat to help, but plenty to hinder)!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections