Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 07:43 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,161,909 times

Advertisements

I take it if Romney wins the Mormon church will have a lot of their members sent out as Ambassadors to other countries, Ambassador to the Court of St James arriving with the book of Mormon to hand will be entertaining, as much as Romney was in London.
All the Embassies to be free of alcohol like the White House ? toasts to be drunk with flavoured milk.

I wonder if we will be pushed to allow more Mormons on bikes into our countries ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 07:48 PM

27,189 posts, read 15,364,237 times
Not as sadly amusing as the Czars we have here.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:38 PM

30,095 posts, read 18,707,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
I take it if Romney wins the Mormon church will have a lot of their members sent out as Ambassadors to other countries, Ambassador to the Court of St James arriving with the book of Mormon to hand will be entertaining, as much as Romney was in London.
All the Embassies to be free of alcohol like the White House ? toasts to be drunk with flavoured milk.

I wonder if we will be pushed to allow more Mormons on bikes into our countries ?
Romney is not president

Did Kennedy's Catholicism affect his presidency? Did Nixon's Quaker upbringing affect his presidency? Did Obama's Muslim upbringing affect his presidency?

Old 09-04-2012, 09:45 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,161,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Romney is not president

Did Kennedy's Catholicism affect his presidency? Did Nixon's Quaker upbringing affect his presidency? Did Obama's Muslim upbringing affect his presidency?
Well yes Obama being a Muslim has effected his presidency, sending a gay bloke to be an Ambassador, tsk tsk.
I am sure you will not see Romney doing that.
Nixon, yes strange that when he resigned, he was pardoned before any criminal charges were laid, one could say US Presidents/ex Presidents are like Monarchs in being above the law.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:17 PM

28,110 posts, read 30,019,183 times
Quote:

You're really paranoid, aren't you?

Old 09-05-2012, 03:49 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,771,914 times
More fear mongering from the left.

Separation of church and state. Have you ever heard of that one? So what if he is a Mormon. We do have freedom of religion in this country.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:32 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,393,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
More fear mongering from the left.

Separation of church and state. Have you ever heard of that one? So what if he is a Mormon. We do have freedom of religion in this country.
Yeah, but many of us enjoy freedom FROM religion, too. THAT is what I see being eroded over the last 30 years.

But LDS? The truth is, I don't really think of them as a "religion" per se. More like a highly organized, very well financed... What, exactly??? A social system?

Romney's "church" plays a MUCH larger role in his life than Nixon's Quakerism, and I dare say, even Kennedy's Catholocism. Mitt would be bringing LOTS of Mormons with him if elected.

I do think it would be interesting to see what the effects are of having a large group of disciplined, like-minded, hive-mentality thinkers concentrated around such a powerful, heretofor secular office.

Not "bad", necessarily... just... interesting

Old 09-05-2012, 07:34 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,086,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Yeah, but many of us enjoy freedom FROM religion, too. THAT is what I see being eroded over the last 30 years.

But LDS? The truth is, I don't really think of them as a "religion" per se. More like a highly organized, very well financed... What, exactly??? A social system?

Romney's "church" plays a MUCH larger role in his life than Nixon's Quakerism, and I dare say, even Kennedy's Catholocism. Mitt would be bringing LOTS of Mormons with him if elected.

I do think it would be interesting to see what the effects are of having a large group of disciplined, like-minded, hive-mentality thinkers concentrated around such a powerful, heretofor secular office.

Not "bad", necessarily... just... interesting
Where is your source regarding Romney bring "LOTS" of Mormons with him if he's elected?

Old 09-05-2012, 07:48 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,471,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Where is your source regarding Romney bring "LOTS" of Mormons with him if he's elected?
They are talking out their asses like everyone in the DNC.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:38 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,598,905 times
Quote:

I get confused sometimes; would this be considered PC or not PC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections