Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 07:09 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,385,931 times

Advertisements

Miniscule, eh? Of no consequence, eh?

Defend this case liberals.........

Quote:
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - A Democratic state legislator from east Arkansas, his father and two campaign workers pleaded guilty Wednesday to conspiracy to commit election fraud after federal prosecutors said they bribed absentee voters and destroyed ballots in a special election last year.
MORE on the story:

Ark. lawmaker pleads guilty to election charge - FOX16.com Little Rock, AR

Oh, go ahead, tear it apart because Fox News reported it.

Then get on with telling us it ain't happening at any level.

We'll wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 07:15 PM

876 posts, read 711,763 times
They know their is voter fraud. But, if it benefits their saviour, obama, then it is ok.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:16 PM

37,199 posts, read 42,418,548 times
Who said it doesn't happen on any level? Link?

Old 09-05-2012, 07:26 PM

27,811 posts, read 16,328,585 times
a group provided transortation for the homeless to the election office and just happen to hire them (pay them 5 bucks) at the same time... fishy yet acceptable Update: Suttle Says Mistakes Were Made in Busing Efforts and in a growing democratic urban area of course he retained his seat, they love dirty pool, all hail the great ones

Old 09-05-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Who said it doesn't happen on any level? Link?
Search 'voter fraud' in the forums. Plenty of links and comments on the subject. Then there's GIYF.

It was easy. I did it. (ahem, the search, not the fraud).

It's nice that this election, my wife's dead parents won't be voting again this cycle.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:42 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,954,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Search 'voter fraud' in the forums. Plenty of links and comments on the subject. Then there's GIYF.

It was easy. I did it. (ahem, the search, not the fraud).

It's nice that this election, my wife's dead parents won't be voting again this cycle.
No one said voter fraud is uncommon. The blatant kind with elaborate schemes isn't all that common, more often its disenfranchising people who share a name with a convicted felon or haven't paid their poll tax for an ID, you know, the kind of fraud Republicans like

Old 09-05-2012, 07:42 PM

2,970 posts, read 5,033,558 times
There is voter fraud. Always has , always will be. There is also voter suppression. Always has, always will be. Which is more acceptable? Which is more widely practiced?

Old 09-05-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
No one said voter fraud is uncommon. The blatant kind with elaborate schemes isn't all that common, more often its disenfranchising people who share a name with a convicted felon or haven't paid their poll tax for an ID, you know, the kind of fraud Republicans like
So, just a drop in the bucket, eh?

Seems to be the right bucket when needed. Ask Al Franken.

Enough drops in the bucket will fill it.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:15 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,733,823 times
Default Democrats Plead Guilty To Voter Fraud

A Democratic state legislator from east Arkansas, his father and two campaign workers pleaded guilty Wednesday to conspiracy to commit election fraud after federal prosecutors said the lawmaker's campaign bribed absentee voters and destroyed ballots in a special election last year.

Prosecutors said Democratic Rep. Hudson Hallum of Marion, Kent Hallum, Phillip Wayne Carter and Sam Malone acknowledged that they participated in a conspiracy to bribe voters to influence absentee votes in the Arkansas District 54 primary, runoff and general elections in 2011. The four were released pending a sentencing hearing.

Ark. lawmaker pleads guilty to election charge - FOX16.com Little Rock, AR

Old 09-06-2012, 11:42 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,995,130 times
Wait a minute. I thought "voter fraud" was a figment of the right's imagination and a tool to disenfranchise minorities. What gives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections