Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 10:56 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
But do any of you know of someone who gets swayed by these things?
I was swayed. I was planning to not vote. Now, I'm voting for Bill Clinton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
There is always some stupid stuff that happens in conventions.

I'll see your booing God and raise you with the Repubs throwing peanuts at a black camerawoman.

Neither party is full of saints, and neither is made up of only intelligent people. There are always going to be a few who live up to the worst charges the other side hurls.
A few? There were thousands in the arena who yelled,"No!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 01:15 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
I was swayed. I was planning to not vote. Now, I'm voting for Bill Clinton.
LOL - indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
A few? There were thousands in the arena who yelled,"No!"
Yes, the voice vote was pretty even to my ear. Not a good optic for the devout who are on the fence.

The issue for many of the booers is that religion should not be in politics, period. A separation of church and state. When I was in school, "one nation under God" was removed from the Pledge of Allegiance. I was very upset about it at the time.

Today, the extreme right wing of the GOP has convinced me that attaching religion/God in any way to governance is dangerous. So, although I am moderately religious, for me religion has no place in a political agenda.

I was a bit surprised to see Cardinal Dolan at the DNC. Odd, I thought.

And, to answer the original OP, yes, the stark differences between the RNC and DNC motivated me to vote this year. Had been considering sitting this one out. Voting for Obama - or should I say the Democrats are the lesser of two evils. Scared to death of the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections