Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:33 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,734,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
In anyone's eye, which is worse--saying something inexcusable about someone when they aren't present and you have no remote possibility in the world of EVER getting near them, or saying something inexcusable about someone who's right in front of you while you throw things at them? I know it's a stretch for you, but try some common sense on this one. I promise you--it works.

LOL....you're totally unhinged if you think that they are ANYWHERE near the same!!!

Obviously, from this report, the Secret Service is going after the person that threatened to murder.

Is ANY law enforcement going after the peanut thrower?

I'd say that is a pretty good measurement of the severity of these two unrelated stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 08:39 AM

79,238 posts, read 61,343,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
or an aberration? We know a huge number of his supporters have no clue, but this one is a little over the top.

DNC delegate: 'I would like to kill' Mitt Romney
Every party has thier nutjobs. Remember the one that got kicked out of the RNC because of the peanuts thing?

However, it's just par for the course around here to find the oddball and then try to portray the whole group based upon them.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:50 AM

23,821 posts, read 24,225,967 times
This poor woman has simply been exploited by the Democrat campaign machine. She's gullible, and they have taken full advantage of that gullibility. Her hatred is exactly what the Obama team has been striving for with its five year campaign of divisiveness, class warfare and the demonization of anyone who doesn't fall lock-step in line with their positions.

This woman is the poster child for the Democrat party. She perfectly exhibits the lies and treachery that the Democrats use to try and convince people that the opposition is something it's not. She should get a gold star for being as pliable as a hunk of play-doh. The machine has churned out yet another perfectly molded pawn.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:54 AM

242 posts, read 353,204 times
Quote:
or an aberration? We know a huge number of his supporters have no clue, but this one is a little over the top.

No, this is NOT typical of an Obama supporter and neither is it typical of a Romney supporter. Clearly this individual has temporarily gone off the deep end.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:55 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,506,875 times
What is with these threads that want to treat a death wish against either Romney or Obama as some sort of political "coo" for one side or the other?

These are repulsive acts that should be condemned by both sides, because, no, these people are not representative of either party.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:57 AM

32,946 posts, read 19,618,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
We know a huge number of conservatives have no clue, but this one is a little over the top:

Alyssa Douglas @Alyssa_Douglas
Someone needs to assassinate Obama...like ASAP #DieYouPieceOf****

Daily Kos: THE CHOICE: When 16 Year-Old Alyssa Douglas Calls For The President's Assassination on Twitter UPDx4

We also know that at the time of the health care debate it was surprisingly common for opponents of the President's health care proposals to appear at rallies and public meetings, including ones at which the President was appearing, bearing semiautomatic weapons and quoting with approval Thomas Jefferson's words about the tree of liberty needing to be watered by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Are people who wish to threaten the President typical of Republicans and their supporters? I suspect not, but I don't recall a single "responsible" Republican or conservative suggesting that caution might be a good idea, or that semiautomatic weapons are not a salutary addition to the debate.

Even without listening to the video I can tell you that I do not support anyone wishing for the assassination of Mitt Romney, although the woman on the video doesn't look terribly threatening.

Will you join me in condemning similar statements with respect to President Obama?
hmmm

a 16yr old female nut case........or a democrat DELEGATE

you chose

Old 09-07-2012, 08:57 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,659,269 times
Quote:

Yes she was over the top but we also know a large number of romney supports have no clue either and many are also over the top, so what is your point?

Old 09-07-2012, 08:59 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,235,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
LOL....you're totally unhinged if you think that they are ANYWHERE near the same!!!

Obviously, from this report, the Secret Service is going after the person that threatened to murder.

Is ANY law enforcement going after the peanut thrower?

I'd say that is a pretty good measurement of the severity of these two unrelated stories.
I think you've already cornered the market on "unhinged." The secret service is going to investigate to see if it's a credible threat--that isn't an indictment. We know those two idiots at the RNC knew exactly what they were doing, and meant to do it.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:03 AM

32,946 posts, read 19,618,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Yes she was over the top but we also know a large number of romney supports have no clue either and many are also over the top, so what is your point?
but she is a DELEGATE

Old 09-07-2012, 09:07 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,323,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
hmmm

a 16yr old female nut case........or a democrat DELEGATE

you chose

Sounds like a intellectual stand-off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections