Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 03:36 PM

990 posts, read 937,250 times

Advertisements

How does it reconcile with the GOP platform of "no bans on assault rifles under any circumstances"?

When he signed a bill banning UZIs and other assault weapons, Romney said, "Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts.... These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

"So I'm a hunter and believe in Second Amendment rights, but I also believe that assault weapons are not needed in the public population."

Quote:
In the wake of a mass-shooting of unarmed civilians in Aurora, Colorado in July 2012, Romney maintained in a series of interviews that he opposed any new gun control measures. Referring to the alleged perpetrator of the Aurora massacre, Romney said, “This person shouldn't have had any kind of weapons and bombs and other devices, and it was illegal for him to have many of those things already.... But he had them. And so we can sometimes hope that just changing the law will make all bad things go away. It won't.”
So then how does he reconcile that "you can't make bad things go away just by making laws" belief with his idiotic Marijuana stance?
Quote:
He told attendees at a town hall forum in 2007, “I have the same position this week as I had last week: If you elect me President, I'm not going to allow legalization of marijuana. I'm going to fight it tooth and nail
Or how about the position he takes on Cuba with his lax apporach to Saudi Arabia?
Quote:
The Cuban people still live in constant fear of a brutal totalitarian regime that has demonstrated time and again its utter disregard for basic human dignity."
So it's okay to trade with a country where women can't even walk around without a man supervising them, but a country like Cuba where people do get to enjoy their lives (I know, I've been there...it's not a perfect place and there are issues with the government, but it's a much more free place than Saudi Arabia and no more authoritarian than Russia) is somehow more evil and we need to punish the people?

These hypocritical stances, amongst many others...including the fact that he's rallying against Obamacare when it was a copy of Romneycare...are why I would have to be braindead to vote for Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 03:42 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,372,729 times
I had heard that he also quadrupled gun fees in Massachusetts.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:49 PM

9 posts, read 20,353 times
These are the issues I have with Romney as President of the USA
1. He has at least 30 Billion $ in the Caymen Islands (off-shore account) -how does this create jobs for America?
He is greedy and false in saying he is interested in creating jobs. Actions speak louder than words.
2. He bullies a person by knocking them down, cutting their hair, taunting them. Okay, he was only 16-17 years old but what bothers me is that is says he doesn't remember. Has he bullied so many that this one he happens to forget or is he too proud to admit a mistake? Either way it is not a leadership quality and I don't think he can change if he doesn't admit that he did it.
3. He is anti-environment. The Keystone Pipeline is destruction with little return and takes the focus off alternative energy which I believe is the next really big market that America is missing out on by dragging her feet. He is greatly influenced by money- which is obvious because he has way, way too much. He is a hoarder.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:52 PM

17,390 posts, read 11,938,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merricar View Post
These are the issues I have with Romney as President of the USA
1. He has at least 30 Billion $ in the Caymen Islands (off-shore account) -how does this create jobs for America?
He is greedy and false in saying he is interested in creating jobs. Actions speak louder than words.
2. He bullies a person by knocking them down, cutting their hair, taunting them. Okay, he was only 16-17 years old but what bothers me is that is says he doesn't remember. Has he bullied so many that this one he happens to forget or is he too proud to admit a mistake? Either way it is not a leadership quality and I don't think he can change if he doesn't admit that he did it.
3. He is anti-environment. The Keystone Pipeline is destruction with little return and takes the focus off alternative energy which I believe is the next really big market that America is missing out on by dragging her feet. He is greatly influenced by money- which is obvious because he has way, way too much. He is a hoarder.
1. Why is it his personal responsibility to use his own money to create jobs? I believe he's created far more than Obama personally has, yet you don't demand that of him.

2. No proof. But hey, you keep on believin'.

3. What? A hoarder? Alrighty then....

Old 09-07-2012, 04:15 PM

990 posts, read 937,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
1. Why is it his personal responsibility to use his own money to create jobs? I believe he's created far more than Obama personally has, yet you don't demand that of him.
Because the rich are the "Job Creators", hence why he wants to lower his own taxes even more. Obama has created 4,500,000 jobs since taking office...how many did Romney create?

Plus, he's skirting away from paying his taxes by shuffling money into offshore banks and keeping it from benefiting the American people. Money held in a Swiss or Cayman account does not help American people, money held in an American bank does.
Quote:
2. No proof. But hey, you keep on believin'.
Actually, Romney admitted to it...but then again, I guess facts don't matter to you. Nor does character.
Quote:
3. What? A hoarder? Alrighty then....
He's a hoarder of money, which is odd considering how much people talk about his charity giving.

All this being said, I am NOT voting for Obama, but will be happy if he beats Romney. I'm voting for Gary Johnson because he believes in sensible policy on the Military (Romney wants to increase spending, Obama has done little to shrink the military), Marijuana (Romney and Obama both seem to really push for keeping it illegal), Abortion, Gay rights, etc.

What I really think is interesting is that you ignore the original post and respond to this one...is it because my post is 100% right in pointing out that Romney is probably the biggest hypocrite/flip-flopper in political history? I honestly would rather have 4 more years of Bush/Cheney than Romney/Ryan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections