Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 06:22 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Women, like men, are effected by high unemployment, lower wages, lower personal savings, unrestricted illegal immigration and massive debt.

Given that women are humans (unlike what the democrats would like us to believe) they are equally negatively impacted by the terrible economy that Obama has created.

No one cares about abortion and gay marriage when they are broke, homeless, and have no future for their children. How could any mother vote for Obama, which is an economic vote against the hopes and future of their own children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 06:26 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Women, like men, are effected by high unemployment, lower wages, lower personal savings, unrestricted illegal immigration and massive debt.

Given that women are humans (unlike what the democrats would like us to believe) they are equally negatively impacted by the terrible economy that Obama has created.

No one cares about abortion and gay marriage when they are broke, homeless, and have no future for their children. How could any mother vote for Obama, which is an economic vote against the hopes and future of their own children?
if that were the case, obama wouldn't be leading romney when it comes to women. You have a platform that says no abortion under any circumstance, I can see why women would not want to be associated with the republicans

Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:

Democrats don't believe women are humans?

Old 09-04-2012, 06:40 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
if that were the case, obama wouldn't be leading romney when it comes to women. You have a platform that says no abortion under any circumstance, I can see why women would not want to be associated with the republicans
this

and the defacto head of the GOP (Mr. Limbaugh) calling names women who DARE talk about contraception.

Oh and AKIN saying that if you are REALLY RAPED you wouldn't get pregnant.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:53 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,570 times
Quote:
Let's be clear, shall we?

Poll reveals gap between married and single women - Crossroads - CBS News

Quote:
Among MARRIED women, Romney leads Obama 49 to 42 percent. But among SINGLE women, Obama has a huge lead over Romney, 62 to 34 percent.
Cuz dem single vimmen wants their free birth control, yes they do! LOL!

Old 09-04-2012, 08:29 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,203,529 times
Quote:
Women, like men, are affected by high unemployment, lower wages, lower personal savings, unrestricted illegal immigration and massive debt.

You sound upset and almost hysterical. I'm sorry that something about this election has upset you so much. Not knowing your personal situation, I can only speculate.

I wonder where you are retrieving all your statistics and research that you are PERSONALLY * DOING * ON * YOUR * OWN? Do you use the internet to obtain information that is from reputable sources? Or are you listening to malicious gossip from trolls to influence your thinking? It is very possible that you've allowed negative sources to upset you unnecessarily!! Would you be willing to believe that instead of what you said in your post?

If you are broke and homeless, there are programs to help you get back on your feet. Romney won't be able to help you with that...in fact, I'd bet that if he becomes president, those programs will all but disappear.

I have personally done my research ever since I first heard about Obama possibly starting in 2007. I was fearful. We had a "Middle Eastern" man who wanted to run for president? Soon I discovered that Obama was born in Hawaii, in the United States of America. He is a devout Christian but not a flamboyant one. There is much documentation to prove this. After graduating from prestigious Harvard, he took a job in Chicago as a community organizer making $13,000 a year. He could have had a job in a prestigious law firm, but he chose to work for very little pay doing something he believed in and was passionate about.

Personally...mothers who vote for Obama are voting for a solid middle class. It's gonna take some time to get this show back on the road, and it WILL happen. There is a high percentage of women who are for Obama. Don't have time to pull stats, but you can do it. It is so important that each of us researched the candidates without listening to gaslighting and malicious gossip. We have to be informed, especially as women. Romney will not improve things for the middle class...and since he is for the well-to-do business types...he will definitely NOT improve anything for women with children. Obama will! Trust that.

Last edited by 'M'; 09-04-2012 at 09:02 PM..

Old 09-04-2012, 08:31 PM

395 posts, read 458,637 times
Quote:

Yeah because we know the ONLY thing ALL women care about is abortion.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:32 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,414 times
Quote:

Because Obama, unlike you and the rest of the Republicans, cares for them.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:33 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Easy walk in the voting booth, lookr past the Row that holds Romney name, look for the row that holds Obama name and pull the lever.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:

First, the word should be "affected"...not "effected." Yes, women are indeed affected by unemployment, low wages, lower personal savings.....I don't know why women would be especially affected by "unrestricted illegal immigrate"..unless you're using that to bolster your argument for unemployment.....and massive debt.

HOWEVER, many of the things you put forth above create even more problems for a woman when she has no control over her body. Pregnancy can really interfere with working two or three parttime low paying jobs. And new child in the family also has an enormously negative impact on how far the money will stretch in the home of a woman struggling with two or three parttime jobs just to make ends meet for the family she already has. As for a first-time mom who is struggling financially just to feed HERSELF, she feels an enormous negative impact when a pregnancy interferes with her ability to continue working at a low paying job, and when she needs daycare, etc., for the new child in her life. In fact, I'd say that a negative economy affects women in much more drastic ways than it does for other members of society. However, her right to choose and her reproductive options (i.e. birth control) gives women much, much more to think about when casting a vote than just the economy.

You say "no one" cares about abortion....Interesting how you totally dismiss a large segment of our population with that obviously subconscious gender bias.....your patriarchal "foundation" is showing through.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 09-04-2012 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections