Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 12:47 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,829,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
No problem.....if Clinton gives us back the pre-9/11 opportunity that he flubbed and thrust upon GWB to deal with. You know exactly what i'm talking about. Deal?
So Clinton had a "pre-9/11 opportunity" but Bush... did not?

Hmm, I wonder why the Republicans aren't campaigning on this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 12:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,190,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
So Clinton had a "pre-9/11 opportunity" but Bush... did not?

Hmm, I wonder why the Republicans aren't campaigning on this!
If Clinton had taken out OBL and AQ when he had the opportunity (multiple times), there would be no 9/11 and there would have been no wars for GWB to deal with. Why don't you understand this?

Old 09-07-2012, 12:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,194,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You said both sides need to take responsibility for their years in the White House. Show me the GOP doing that. They don't even mention Bush, EVER.
Exactly right! They are guilty by omission. How telling that they mutually agree to have him visibly absent at the RNC. He was the historically huge elephant in the room. They own him, they are him and they will continue to embrace his policies.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You said both sides need to take responsibility for their years in the White House. Show me the GOP doing that. They don't even mention Bush, EVER.
Well, first and foremost, that's not what I said. Why don't you go back and try that again before I relegate you to yet another liberal without a clue?

Quote:
If Bush is responsible for his 8 years in office, then Obama is responsible for his 4 years in office. No fudging or blurring the lines.....strictly in terms of time in office. You can't have it both ways. Comprende?

Old 09-07-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
If Clinton had taken out OBL and AQ when he had the opportunity (multiple times), there would be no 9/11 and there would have been no wars for GWB to deal with. Why don't you understand this?
Do you have any evidence that Bush even TRIED to get Al Qaeda before 9/11? I mean, wouldn't that actually be meaningful, and show that SOMEONE knew what a threat AQ really was? As it is, you're playing Monday Morning quarterback and acting like we won't notice.

You can sit there and harp on it all you want, of course. In fact, go ahead, I invite you to. It's the kind of shrill demagogue tactic that is going to lose Republicans this election.

And as a matter of fact, Bush wanted to go into Iraq before 9/11. I don't know if you got the memo, but Iraq had absolutely NOTHING to do with 9/11. It was just war and death and destruction for the sake of war.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:56 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,987,348 times
Obama can't talk about Bush because then people would realize that he is just a continuation from that disastrous administration. Continuing private wars based on lies, reappointing Bush's Federal Reserve chairman (after the economic crash he completely failed to forsee), same secretary of state, Bush tax cuts still in place, continuing Patriot Act style legislation such as NDAA, Bush's Goldman Sachs failures still ”advising” on the economy.

Sorry Dems, Obama is OBushMa. Believe me, I enthusiastically voted for Obama in 08 but you must not be thinking clearly if you don't see the deception.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Do you have any evidence that Bush even TRIED to get Al Qaeda before 9/11? I mean, wouldn't that actually be meaningful?

You can sit there and harp on it all you want, of course. In fact, go ahead, I invite you to. It's the kind of shrill demagogue tactic that is going to lose Republicans this election.
Not surprisingly, you have no intention of addressing the Clinton refusal to deal with OBL and AQ. And yet here you are harping on a guy that didn't even exist in national politics at the time when Clinton could have dealt OBL and AQ a death blow, but didn't.

You are indeed a liberal through and through. Embarrassing.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Not surprisingly, you have no intention of addressing the Clinton refusal to deal with OBL and AQ. And yet here you are harping on a guy that didn't even exist in national politics at the time when Clinton could have dealt OBL and AQ a death blow, but didn't.

You are indeed a liberal through and through. Embarrassing.
Indeed, it must be horrifically embarrassing to be rooting for a war-mongering empty suit like Mitt Romney (or King George III). I can see why you're so clearly frustrated and deeply angry.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:02 PM

53,255 posts, read 35,008,802 times
two threads less than a hour apart. i think that's called spamming, sickie.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...amed-bush.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...k-obama-s.html

Old 09-07-2012, 01:07 PM

749 posts, read 841,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Well it is up to the Obama campaign to keep him front and center. If it were up to me, I'd be broadcasting Bush's videos of "Iraq War OVer" "I'll Smoke Him Out" over and over. McConnell's "Priority" video every night at primetime. Maybe throw in Cheney's "Defecits Don't Matter" for good measure.
Obama can't win campaigning on HIS record, so his only recourse is to trod on someone else's.

Certainly even someone like yourself realizes this is the only way it's going to work for him.

The only good use of a liberal is that of a base for a flower bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections