Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 09:55 PM

20,700 posts, read 12,580,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Birth Control and Abortion are issues that are very important to women. We want to know
Exactly! Funny that they can't figure out why they are losing the women voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They should ask Michelle if she ever had gay sex and if she believes it is morally right. Hows that for a really bad question . The dems who ask these questions are looking for trouble.
after they ask Ann!

Old 09-08-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I would venture to say that Anne Romney's experience was quite different. I'm curious as to how much 'help' she had in raising those five children.
Exactly! She probably had plenty. She doesn't look like the kind that would be scrubbing toilets.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:08 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,745,518 times
Quote:
I am one of those women that NEED Birth Control or I can die.I have a hormonal unbalance due to tumors on my ovaries (they were removed but can grow again). My hormonal unbalances are so bad that if I do not take birth control not only do I need to take at least 2-3 days a month from work because the pain due to my period is so bad. If I do not take BC my tumors will return and I will have to take anti cancer drugs and most likely will have to get my ovaries removed.

On top of that, my chemical unbalances make me so depressed (due to chemical issues in my brain obvi) that I am a high risk for suicide. I don't feel like that when I take my BC.

I do not have a partner and do not use my bc for contraception. If my employer is catholic, and they decide not to cover it, I could literally die. How is that fair? There are plenty of women like me. We need the pills. Men don't get this disease. So why do they have to have a say? BTW I pay thru my insurance, as my bc is what allows me to have my job. Without it is very hard to function.

I am only 34. I need to know if I am going to have to deal with this, on my own, because if my employer is catholic I am screwed. And there are many women like me.

AND.... Your buddy Akin was the one who placed the subject back into the debate.
Akin isn't my buddy. I can relate to your health issues as my little sister has severe endometriosis and cystic ovaries and is on birth control pills to reduce issues with it having spread to her bowel. It's not working though so she's facing hysterectomy or bowel removal (some of it). My sister is your age. You could still get birth control pills from other legal sources. They aren't that expensive.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:08 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,374,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Akin isn't my buddy. I can relate to your health issues as my little sister has severe endometriosis and cystic ovaries and is on birth control pills to reduce issues with it having spread to her bowel. It's not working though so she's facing hysterectomy or bowel removal (some of it). My sister is your age. You could still get birth control pills from other legal sources. They aren't that expensive.
that is obvi.not the point; the point is that no employer should take them from a policy just because the employer is catholic (that was the base of the whole Sandra Fluke controversy). The pills are not expensive but getting them without insurance can be.

You know, Jehovah's witnesses are against blood transfusions, so under that same token if your employer decides they will not pay for them in the policy, than you as an employee are doomed. Or you have to pay out of pocket for them. How ridiculous that is.

I am sorry about your sister, maybe a hysterectomy sounds bad now, but some times is inevitable.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:13 AM

970 posts, read 1,878,676 times
Is Mrs. Romney running for office?! Are "Women's Rights" on the voting block? Are you so incredibly stupid that you would vote for a single subject you think would be overturned?!............ever?! WOW......we DO need some sort of test to make sure those who are voting actually have a brain.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:15 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,900,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Exactly! She probably had plenty. She doesn't look like the kind that would be scrubbing toilets.

Ann, other than her health issues, has led a very pampered life I am sure. But, in spite of that, she she is markedly aware of it.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,079,410 times
Quote:
Then she should not have accepted any interviews as her name is not on the ticket. She should just pose for pics and smile.
that is a rediculous statement. All candidates wives accept interviews, it is part of the campaign, but asking questions about policies that could affect our country should not be part of the picture; she was completely right to suggest it is her husband these types of questions she be referred to, she isn't running for office.

Nita

Old 09-09-2012, 07:22 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,374,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
that is a rediculous statement. All candidates wives accept interviews, it is part of the campaign, but asking questions about policies that could affect our country should not be part of the picture; she was completely right to suggest it is her husband these types of questions she be referred to, she isn't running for office.

Nita
she might as well not accept them IMO she is not very articulate. She repeats the same non-sense when they ask her questions.

That interview was more damaging to the campaign ,than helpful.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:36 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,175,369 times
I can't wait for the lamestream media to ask Moochelle her position on:

*2nd Amendment
*Voter ID
*carbon emissions taxes
*funding for UNESCO
*Sharia Law
*school choice
*legalizing marijuana
*termination of live birth abortions
*the Patriot Act
*detention of American citizens without arrest/trial

I'll hold my breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections