Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 12:30 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times

Advertisements

Yesterday the Labor Department reported that 368,000 people dropped out of the labor force in August while U.S. employers added only 96,000 jobs.

It was the 43rd straight month that the unemployment rate was 8.0 percent or higher.

The civilian labor force participation rate is now at its lowest level since September 1981. (AEIdeas)

Senator Dim Bulb Harry Reid blamed Republicans for the dismal jobs report......
.........What a shocker.

The Hill
reported:
Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said it was Republicans’ fault the August jobs report wasn’t better.

“While our recovery is still moving too slowly for many Americans, job growth would likely have been even stronger if Republicans had not blocked Democratic efforts to hire more teachers, firefighters and police officers,” Reid said in a statement Friday.

The Bureau for Labor Statistics reported that the economy added 96,000 jobs in August and unemployment fell to 8.1 percent, but Reid said quicker economic recovery is needed.

“The best way to speed up our recovery is for Republicans to stop their knee-jerk obstruction of every effort Democrats put forward and start working across the aisle to find common ground,” Reid said.
So Republicans are to blame for DEMOCRATS voting AGAINST Obama's Job's Bill?

By the way......even Harry Reid HIMSELF voted AGAINST IT!!!!

Senate Democrats Join with GOP in Voting Against Obama's Jobs Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 12:35 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Yesterday the Labor Department reported that 368,000 people dropped out of the labor force in August while U.S. employers added only 96,000 jobs.

It was the 43rd straight month that the unemployment rate was 8.0 percent or higher.

The civilian labor force participation rate is now at its lowest level since September 1981. (AEIdeas)

.........What a shocker.

The Hill
reported:

Here is what I said on another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The Republican House has passed quite a few jobs bills that weren't even considered in the Senate or by Obama. Obama has been telling them to pass his jobs bill while ignoring theirs.

Elections have consequences...the American people said in 2010 that they were sick of Obama and the Democrats having complete control. Why should things have not changed? Obama needed to compromise if he wanted what he wanted passed to be passed. The Republicans also needed to compromise if they wanted what they wanted passed to be passed. Why should only the Republicans compromise when the American people elected them because they didn't want the Democrats to continue to have control of everything?
Why can't the Democrats get that elections have consequences? If they love compromise so much, then why do THEY refuse to compromise?!?!?!?

Old 09-08-2012, 12:37 PM

I think ONLY DEMOCRATS can tell bald face lies without having any reservations at all about doing it.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:40 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:

.........What a shocker.

The Hill
reported:

I absolutely can not understand how in the heck that guy got re-elected? I know, blame the crappy candidate the Republicans put up or blame his money and pull, whatever, I think he has to be among the jerkiest people in the congress. Maybe he is the one teaching Obama how to say "it isn't my fault"

Old 09-08-2012, 12:45 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I absolutely can not understand how in the heck that guy got re-elected? I know, blame the crappy candidate the Republicans put up or blame his money and pull, whatever, I think he has to be among the jerkiest people in the congress. Maybe he is the one teaching Obama how to say "it isn't my fault"
Sharron Angle is the reason he got re-elected. The Nevada Senate election in 2010 should have been easy win for the GOP and would have been if Sharron Angle was not the candidate.

Hell, if I was a Nevadan, I might simply not have voted in that election. I certainly wouldn't have voted for Harry Reid but I couldn't have voted for that crazy woman.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:47 PM

Heck......the Democrats have the MAJORITY in the Senate and they STILL couldn't pass that Jobs Bill......but it's ALL because the Republicans "obstructionism".

The even sadder part is that Liberals are so weak-minded that they'll lap it up and nod in agreement.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:49 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Heck......the Democrats have the MAJORITY in the Senate and they STILL couldn't pass that Jobs Bill......but it's ALL because the Republicans "obstructionism".

The even sadder part is that Liberals are so weak-minded that they'll lap it up and nod in agreement.
Do you really not know what a filibuster is? Or are you just pretending to be ignorant?

Republican filibuster blocks Obama jobs bill | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Old 09-08-2012, 12:51 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:

.........What a shocker.

The Hill
How dare he Doesn't he know that this day and age it is permissable to blame only Democrats Republicans are BLAMELESS!!! ALWAYS!!!

Old 09-08-2012, 12:53 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:

^^^^^^

This.

You ran that nail through the board with one swing.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Teachers, police and fire are all local government jobs. So if the Fed hands money to states that's "creating jobs" ?
They did that already with the stimulus which was not open-ended and all those jobs ended and the people were layed off when the money dried up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections