Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 11:15 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,296,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post

Let me reiterate, NCN: The above comment is astonishingly pathetic. All of it. It also has a weird racist undertone to it that I don't think you meant to reveal. Do you blame black ladies for the proliferation of sleeveless dresses or something LOL? No one cares about this but you. It must suck to walk through life staring at other people's forearms. Maybe you should relocate to Saudi Arabia where you don't have to look at any female body parts. The basic consensus is that Michelle Obama is stylish and has good taste. Perhaps you don't think so, but there are also millions of people in the world who believe women need to walk around wearing headscarves and I don't agree with them either.
Yes, it most certainly does.

And I also agree 100% with your comment in your other post about the preoccupation so many here have with how much our first African American first lady spends on clothes when I don't ever remember that being an issue with any of the previous (white) first ladies.

And I expect to be called a "race baiter" (again) for stating the obvious.

I also agree with the rest of your post, Zimar.

I also find it laughable that NCN is blaming Mrs. Obama for her (NCN) not being able to find anything to wear that has sleeves - for one, I don't believe it. And, if it were true, it would more likely be because it's summer and those are the styles that were out (hey, NCN! the fall clothes are out on the racks now! I'll bet you could find something with sleeves!). But to blame the fact that all she can find are sleeveless dresses on the fact that Mrs. Obama wore one at the convention would be funny if it weren't so sad and pathetic.

What a sad life some people must live if the big issue in their lives is whether or not the "black" saleswoman at the store had flabby arms.

Last edited by Cinebar; 09-11-2012 at 12:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,296,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Lady, your own crazy statements condemn you more than I ever could. I have never encountered someone in America this obsessed with forearms before. It's weird. Michelle Obama gave a good speech, you are just obsessed with staring at people and judging them. I just noticed, and I cannot believe you actually judge the people around you IN CHURCH "with their acrylic nails" and what kind of a handbag they have and what they are putting in their offering plate! I go to church, and I have always been taught (or maybe I just intuitively understood) that you NEVER stare at what other people are putting in the offering plate. THAT DEFEATS THE ENTIRE PURPOSE of going to church. Have you even read the Bible? Judge not lest ye be judged and all that good stuff?
The more she pounds away on her keyboard, the more judgmental and hateful she sounds.

Is this your typical Romney supporter?

Old 09-11-2012, 11:51 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,352,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I will have to admit that I did not notice what Mrs. Romney was wearing. Was she as uncovered as Mrs. Obama? If so it was not as noticeable. I noticed Mrs. Obama's because when she waved her hand her upper arms waved too. She needed a jacket of some sort on and I don't care what you think about me saying that. I am tired of going shopping and cannot find decent clothes because all the fashion people have sleeveless dresses because the First Lady is wearing that.
You need to get new glasses if you think these upper arms were "waving" at the convention.

Michelle Obama at DNC: Tracy Reese Dress with J. Crew Heels (PHOTOS) - The Daily Beast

Old 09-11-2012, 12:01 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,599,380 times
wow i didn't even notice that Michelle was wearing a sleeveless dress. it looks completely tasteful to me

Old 09-11-2012, 12:05 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,068,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Wow, they are both in their 60's and NEVER had a financial struggle. How many Americans can identify with that?

Ann Romney: Mitt's been 'demonized' - POLITICO.com
Ann Romney reminds me of this infamous quote from Tammy Fae Baker when she was on Ted Koppel's Nightline trying to defend their misuse of church funds. Like this made such a big difference.

Bargain Hunter Sound Clip , Quote, MP3, and Ringtone - Hark

Old 09-11-2012, 12:39 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,261,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am tired of going shopping and cannot find decent clothes because all the fashion people have sleeveless dresses because the First Lady is wearing that.

Laura Bush was one of the most appropriately dressed First Lady's our country has ever had. When you saw her, you did not notice what she was wearing, but the entire package said that she was a kind and gentle lady.

Off topic but I am with you 100% on not being able to find shirts and t's that have sleeves long enough to cover my upper arms. However, I've been complaining about this for years, long before Michelle Obama became First Lady. I also dislike those with the scoop neckline that expose you clear down to there.

I agree 100% about Laura Bush. She was a very classy First Lady and her clothes were modest and tasteful.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,937,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You need to get new glasses if you think these upper arms were "waving" at the convention.

Michelle Obama at DNC: Tracy Reese Dress with J. Crew Heels (PHOTOS) - The Daily Beast
That is the same thing I thought when I read that post. She might have a big bootie, but her arms and shoulders look like they were stolen from an Olympic swimmer.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:42 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,261,722 times
Back to the Romneys.......

I will never understand how the left wing can laud such self-made, liberal billionaires like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet and turn around and begrudge the conservative millionaire Mitt Romney the same success. All of them worked hard, made good decisions and were rightly rewarded for it.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:52 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,998,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

I will never understand how the left wing can laud such self-made, liberal billionaires like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet and turn around and begrudge the conservative millionaire Mitt Romney the same success. All of them worked hard, made good decisions and were rightly rewarded for it.
The reason people can't stand Mitt Romney is because of the way he made his money:

Greed and Debt: The True Story of Mitt Romney and Bain Capital | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Old 09-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,937,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

I think the "self-made" part is the important distinction.

Romney was born rich and when his inheritance and trust funds weren't enough to satisfy him, he decided to embark on a career, a career that didn't build anything or provide value to anyone but him and his cronies. He chose the path of destroying companies, eliminating jobs in the US, outsourcing to foreign countries and stashing his wealth offshore. Romney was already rich, but became uber rich by taking advantage of businesses and employees that were already down on their luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections