Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 12:59 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times

Advertisements

WaPo/ABC poll shows no change in race from before convention

Quote:
Maybe this will stop the silly post-convention panic among Republicans. When the Washington Post/ABC poll tells you there’s been no convention bump for Barack Obama, you can pretty much take that to the bank. Their latest survey shows the likely-voter split in the presidential race right where we found it a fortnight ago, with Obama up one single point over Mitt Romney — in a sample that favors the Democrats:

Quote:
We’re less than 60 days out. Registered-voter samples don’t mean much at this stage of the election; it’s likely voters that provide predictive data from surveys. They mean even less when only 26% in the sample are Republicans. The likely voter sample improves that by a point to 27%, but still has a D+6 D/R/I at 33/27/36. The 2010 midterms had a national turnout D/R/I of 35/35/30; the 2008 election was D+7 at 39/32/29. A GOP turnout of 27% would be among the worst ever in a presidential race, if not a record. Since enthusiasm measures in other surveys, notably Gallup’s, show an enthusiasm gap favoring Republicans, I’m not inclined to buy this poll’s likely-voter split as a model for this election.
Also, the internals for Obama even among RVs are hardly cheery. His job approval hasn’t budged since before the conventions. Three weeks ago, it was 47/50, and now it’s 48/50. On the economy, he went from 43/56 to 45/53. Among independents, Obama’s job approval is 45/50 with 37% strongly disapproving. That’s probably why Romney’s beating Obama among likely independent voters by eleven points, 54/43. Obama won independents by eight in 2008 on his way to a seven point victory overall. That’s a 19-point swing among independents.
In other words, the convention had no real impact at all on the race. That’s why I say “I told you so” in my column for The Week:

Romney is leading among Independents in this survey by 11 points. That's a huge thing folks! I really wish this would shut some of the the negative, whiny people in the Republican party up! They are not helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 01:16 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

Obama as of now is in great shape with almost an 80% chance of winning...

Old 09-12-2012, 01:22 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

Obama as of now is in great shape with almost an 80% chance of winning...
You're going to give dixiegirl a heart attack.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 AM

987 posts, read 1,386,886 times
IMHO, no matter who becomes President this November election, I don't see any immediate relief in sight for a better economic future, because we still won't have the right person sitting in the oval office for the next 4 years! "Mark my words"!

Old 09-12-2012, 01:45 AM

447 posts, read 496,168 times
Don't you feel such selecting choice of data a self delusion? There are a set of polls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post

Romney is leading among Independents in this survey by 11 points. That's a huge thing folks! I really wish this would shut some of the the negative, whiny people in the Republican party up! They are not helpful!

Old 09-12-2012, 05:57 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:

Exactly!! Romney is doing great. I think some republicans are so afraid of the further destruction Obama would do if he was re-elected, that they want a reported comfort zone right now.

Rpublicans need to work together, get the message out, and make sure Romney is our next president.

Also, it is funny that obama barely received a jump in polls after the dnc. The left is sweating and reality is setting in for them and therefore their attacks are getting more vicious and outrageous.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:01 AM
F40

826 posts, read 857,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Exactly!! Romney is doing great. I think some republicans are so afraid of the further destruction Obama would do if he was re-elected, that they want a reported comfort zone right now.

Rpublicans need to work together, get the message out, and make sure Romney is our next president.

Also, it is funny that obama barely received a jump in polls after the dnc. The left is sweating and reality is setting in for them and therefore their attacks are getting more vicious and outrageous.

Not sure if serious

Do you really believe what you just typed

Old 09-12-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
Not sure if serious

Do you really believe what you just typed
100%!!!!

Old 09-12-2012, 06:16 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:

Wow, I read your linked article and how you can spin that article as great news for Rmoney is laughable.

Here are some examples:

Quote:
among a wider sample of all registered voters, Obama holds an apparent edge, topping Romney at 50 percent to 44 percent, and has clear advantages on important issues in the campaign when compared with his rival.
Quote:
On 15 items, Obama has significant leads on eight, Romney on zero. Romney also no longer has the pre-convention advantages he held on dealing with the economy and what had been his best issue, handling the federal deficit.
Quote:
The president holds double-digit leads in areas of particular focus at his party’s convention, including addressing women’s issues (Obama leads Romney by 21 percentage points), advancing the interests of the middle class (15 points), and social issues such as abortion and same-sex marriage (11 points). Obama also has a fresh, albeit slender, lead on dealing with taxes.
Quote:
Three new questions emphasize the president’s advantage over Romney when it comes to personal attributes. By a margin of nearly 20 points, voters are more apt to say they would like to have Obama as a dinner guest, and the president also leads by double digits as the person voters would want to take care of them if they were sick and who they say would make a more loyal friend.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:17 AM

Nice to know the left would love to Leave out one, very important, piece of information regarding the latest polls!

Polls show Romney soars with independent voters | WashingtonExaminer.com

The figure shows Romney leading Obama among independent voters 54% to 40%!

AND, we all know it has been said that the independent voters will likely decide this race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections