Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,235,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
If we pay attention to their ACTIONS, not their deceptive rhetoric, we see that Republicans decimated the hell out this economy under Reagan and Bush. They then obstructed this President the last 4 years, causing results that they try to blame President for. Do they think that the American public is that blind and stupid? What a miscalculation. What poor judgment and lousy instincts. What worthlessness. What deception. What cluelessness. What incompetence.

The American public is finally taking notice and it doesn't look pretty for the Pubs come this November.

Poll says 54%, but it's likely HIGHER.

Lex, you are on Mars....the Dem's controlled the House, Senate AND Executive Branches for 2 of those 4 years....last I checked, Pelosi said "We Won" and did whatever they pleased ever since....YOU are obviously blind as this is a KNOWN fact....so, 5.5 trillion, and counting, and YOUR guy with all his infinite wisdom AND promises has been able to move unemployment just over a 1/2 a percent....UP from when he took office....

Don't know about you folks out there but, when it comes to fiscal responsibility, I always look to a Democrat for Answers......LBJ (first to borrow from SS fund), Carter (16 percent mortgages...nuff said), Clinton (I....did....NOT....have sex.....hilarious...and YOU guys clapped for him last week).....and now this guy....record spender.....like most of his constituency...buying things they can never, ever afford....and then expect the rest of us to pay for them.........yep....you got me there....

Here, go google, get some facts, come back and tell us about them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,427,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Actually, I think they're trying to decide which one of the candidates is more likely to fix it. Anyone but Obama isn't working this round--people want to see if Mitt can do better, and so far he's not giving us the kind of information we need to prove that he can. With all the flip flopping on top of it, I think some voters have a hard time believing anything he says, even when he does try to get specific (which happens rarely). I only give Obama a C on domestic policy, but what Romney is proposing doesn't even make sense.
Ironically what Obama is doing doesn't make sense to many people. The difference is we already experienced the results from an Obama administration and so far all we hear is that it is everyone else's fault that his policies failed. Yes he inherited a bad economy but Obama was powerless in changing it for the better. It is worse.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,968,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Lex, you are on Mars....the Dem's controlled the House, Senate AND Executive Branches for 2 of those 4 years....last I checked, Pelosi said "We Won" and did whatever they pleased ever since....YOU are obviously blind as this is a KNOWN fact....

Facts? Obamabots don't need no stinkin' facts!!!

Someone might even think this administration intentionally lit a fuse in Egypt and Libya to take the focus off the failed Obama/Reid economy.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:58 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,214,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Lex, you are on Mars....the Dem's controlled the House, Senate AND Executive Branches for 2 of those 4 years....last I checked, Pelosi said "We Won" and did whatever they pleased ever since....YOU are obviously blind as this is a KNOWN fact....so, 5.5 trillion, and counting, and YOUR guy with all his infinite wisdom AND promises has been able to move unemployment just over a 1/2 a percent....UP from when he took office....

Don't know about you folks out there but, when it comes to fiscal responsibility, I always look to a Democrat for Answers......LBJ (first to borrow from SS fund), Carter (16 percent mortgages...nuff said), Clinton (I....did....NOT....have sex.....hilarious...and YOU guys clapped for him last week).....and now this guy....record spender.....like most of his constituency...buying things they can never, ever afford....and then expect the rest of us to pay for them.........yep....you got me there....

They might have had the majority in the Senate, but they couldn't pass anything because the republicans used the filibuster for every single piece of legislation, down to routine appointments, and they needed a 60 vote super majority to block them. The democrats only had the 60 votes needed for cloture (end of the filibuster) for four months in the fall and winter of 2009-2010. Al Franken (D-MN) got caught up in an ugly vote recount, and he wasn't seated until the summer of 2009. At that point Ted Kennedy was too ill to attend the Senate or vote--after he died in August of 2009 the D's from Massachusetts appointed a temporary replacement at the very end of September. Scott Brown (R) ran for that seat and won, and he was sworn in the first week of February 2010.

With the Senate tied up, nothing that the democratic house passed could move through the Senate, so the republicans put Congress at a stand still and grid lock. It's still that way, although the House now has a R majority. The R's still filibuster every single thing in the Senate, and the D's have a majority, but not enough for cloture (60 votes needed to end the filibuster).

Old 09-13-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Facts? Obamabots don't need no stinkin' facts!!!

Someone might even think this administration intentionally lit a fuse in Egypt and Libya to take the focus off the failed Obama/Reid economy.

Yep, Democrats never, ever fail to let the facts get in the way of a good mystery/novel/lie/truth.....

Old 09-13-2012, 04:08 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,427,996 times
Quote:
They might have had the majority in the Senate, but they couldn't pass anything because the republicans used the filibuster for every single piece of legislation, down to routine appointments, and they needed a 60 vote super majority to block them.
The dems are powerless so why are they in office?

Old 09-13-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Ironically what Obama is doing doesn't make sense to many people. The difference is we already experienced the results from an Obama administration and so far all we hear is that it is everyone else's fault that his policies failed. Yes he inherited a bad economy but Obama was powerless in changing it for the better. It is worse.
Actually, I think Obama had better lay out a comprehensive plan and fast--I'm not disagreeing with you, and I'm sure not a democrat so I'm not just blindly supporting him. The problem is that what Romney has proposed is worse. He's going to cut taxes on the wealthy, and raise the defense budget, and then that's going to reduce the deficit? To make that work, he says he's going to tighten loopholes and exemptions, but he won't tell us WHICH ones he's looking at, leading many to believe he means college tuition and home mortgage deductions. An analysis of his plan shows that he'd have to raise taxes like that on the middle class and cut every other federal budget except for defense by almost 50% to make it work. We've seen what ryan wants to do to medicare, and that scares me witless too. If Romney has a real plan, he needs to get specific, because at least at this point, I trust the obama administration to NOT dump all over the middle class.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
The dems are powerless so why are they in office?
You could say the same thing about the republicans--they can't get anything past the Senate or ultimately the president. We're in gridlock.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
They might have had the majority in the Senate, but they couldn't pass anything because the republicans used the filibuster for every single piece of legislation, down to routine appointments, and they needed a 60 vote super majority to block them. The democrats only had the 60 votes needed for cloture (end of the filibuster) for four months in the fall and winter of 2009-2010. Al Franken (D-MN) got caught up in an ugly vote recount, and he wasn't seated until the summer of 2009. At that point Ted Kennedy was too ill to attend the Senate or vote--after he died in August of 2009 the D's from Massachusetts appointed a temporary replacement at the very end of September. Scott Brown (R) ran for that seat and won, and he was sworn in the first week of February 2010.

With the Senate tied up, nothing that the democratic house passed could move through the Senate, so the republicans put Congress at a stand still and grid lock. It's still that way, although the House now has a R majority. The R's still filibuster every single thing in the Senate, and the D's have a majority, but not enough for cloture (60 votes needed to end the filibuster).

Left out the House slick...had that too....AND the executive branch.....As far as blocking them? Every chance we get...why? we would be 8 trillion MORE in debt if we hadn't....if we lose the white house, I pray we lock up the house, senate and change the bench....and then, hold his feet to the fire and let NOTHING pass that smacks of a raised debt ceiling limit....someone has to stop this guy...he's like a kid at his first semester in college with a credit card....completely out of control....

Old 09-13-2012, 04:13 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,196,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Looks like the Party of Amnesia has run out of luck. Americans were just too badly hurt this time to EVER forget who was responsible:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/im.../13/rel10c.pdf

IT IS OVER, Mitt.
Liberal tv.. ha ha..the brainwashed voters . Obama the great.. great for nothing.. good for nothing..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections