Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 11:19 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,294,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Of course you ran straight to the Obama website to see all about this. I think not.
Hmmmm. I touched a sensitive spot there, I see. Well, yes I did go there before leaving the Fox story. Did you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hmmmm. I touched a sensitive spot there, I see. Well, yes I did go there before leaving the Fox story. Did you?
You did. And you found a statement somewhere, anywhere on the site saying that they were redesigning the American flag?

Please link to that statement.

Otherwise, you didn't find any evidence at the official Obama website that they are redesigning the American flag, and your visit to their website was an exercise in futility. Right?

Old 09-20-2012, 11:40 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You did. And you found a statement somewhere, anywhere on the site saying that they were redesigning the American flag?

Please link to that statement.

Otherwise, you didn't find any evidence at the official Obama website that they are redesigning the American flag, and your visit to their website was an exercise in futility. Right?
Is Obama's campaign selling for $35.00 the item we are discussing on this thread? If it is true then he deserves the heat that comes from it.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:45 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Is Obama's campaign selling for $35.00 the item we are discussing on this thread? If it is true then he deserves the heat that comes from it.
A redesigned flag?

No, Obama's campaign is selling a print/poster of some artwork, where an artist referenced the American flag, but came up with his own rendition.

Other artists have designed art based on the American flag, and sold it. Patriotic artwork is its own little niche in the artworld. And it wouldn't be art if they simply reproduced the American flag. The image has to be manipulated in some way in order to express the artist's viewpoint.

Nobody, though, is redesigning the American flag.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:53 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,691,011 times
I certainly have problems with Obama on several issues, dislike many of the things he's done but this is just another desperate attempt to make something out of nothing. It's art work, a logo. Not a redesign of the flag and not a fascist attempt to convert us to muslims. I have zero faith the system will get fixed and we'll continue to fight with each other on who to vote for. Seems every election is getting worse. This time we get to choose between rotten eggs or spoiled milk. Keep fighting over garbage like this. Meanwhile both these parties continue to strip away our freedoms.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:00 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,118,342 times
I made it through about 20 post before I realized that the people calling it a redesign are idiots.

-the design isn't a flag
-the design wasn't commissioned by the Administration
-the design is not even an official logo of the Obama campaign

Put all that together and you have Obama is redesigning the American flag... idiots.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:21 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,657,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If the campaign came out with that picture woven into a flag which flag would you be proud to fly?

I am sure that no matter what he selects as our new National Anthem I will never stand at attention to that flag when that new Anthem is played. I don't know what would be done to me for not doing so but I sure as hell will find out in case he pushes this crap through.
IF, IF, IF, is that all you've got!?!

I swear, the reactions of some posters here makes me think of a total hypochondriac...if they sneeze they believe they have cancer; if they have a hangnail they are positive they're going to lose their arm.

THERE IS NO 'OTHER' FLAG!
That image is a campaign logo, just like all the others in history, dem and repub.

Gosh, if a logo can get these people is such a tizzy that they infer (from a logo) that the Anthem is going to be changed; that the flag is going to be changed, there is just no hope for them. They must squeek and squeal when they see a mouse!

Old 09-20-2012, 12:30 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,293,855 times
Did you see what Romney did?? He besmirched the sovereignty of 42 US States by changing the flag into the shape of an eagle and replacing a stripe with his NAME! He would surely burn the constitution on his inauguration day! This is also very disrespectful to our national bird!! Fox News, where are you??

The Romney-Ryan 2012 official store | Apparel

Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Maybe you need to read more closely.

No one said it was a "flag", only that the American flag had been redesigned by the Obama campaign. But, at least on liberal did read the link. Congrats!!!

Now you can discuss the implications (if any) regarding replacing the stars with the Obama logo. Most likely the Obamanots will never find anything wrong with the idea.

When I see it waving over the White House, I'll believe that there might be cause for concern.

Until then it is a campaign gimmick, nothing more.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:38 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,482,487 times
Just make it like the country we will end up being.
Attached Thumbnails
Obama Campaign redesigns American Flag-liberia.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections