Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 04:33 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
....and even after the massive loss of 800,000 jobs in one month that you guys think is a winning talking point, unemployment was ONLY in the 7% range. Obama then declared the Bush recession had ended, and the Obama recovery had begun, in June 2009. He was so confident that he knew the economy in June 2009 that he declared if he had not turned things around in three years, he'd be a one term president.
Unemployment is a lagging economic indicator.

Now, of course, most voters don't specifically know this. But most voters do understand that the car had already been driven into the ditch when Bush tossed the keys to Obama and said, "She's all yours!".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 04:58 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,352 times
Romney supports the NDAA, and if there weren't already other reasons why he makes my skin crawl, that alone is a deal breaker for me. And yes, I know Obama signed it into law, which is why I'm not voting for him either. I'll be voting, but I'll just begrudgingly throw my vote away on a candidate whom I know has no chance at winning. I'd rather vote with a clear conscience than to simply "vote against the other candidate" or the "lesser of two evils" or any other BS reasons.

If you're okay with American citizens being indefinitely detained without charge or trial and pi$$ing all over the 4th, 5th and 6th Amendments, then please disregard this post.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:27 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The Mormon church is even outraged by Romney's remarks about the 47%.
Honestly, where do you come up with this stuff? The LDS Church has issued absolutely zero comments about Romney, his campaign, his taxes, or anything else about him.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:38 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
I think Independents & undecided would vote Gary Johnson (LP), Dr. Jill Stein (GP), Rocky Anderson (JP), or Virgil Goode (CP), *if* they get much of their news from internet, but suppose that's doubtful?

Those who only read censored MSM news almost always vote Dem or Rep. But even many years ago, Minnesotans elected a wrestler, Jesse Ventura (Independence Party) who won because he's honest, using a low budget internet campaign that attracted many young & 1st time voters. Now even more are on the computer & there is even more info, so now, IMO, predicting a winner isn't quite as easy.

ISideWith dot com shows your best match among top 6 presidential candidates.
Good to know.

Independents are NOT voting GOP.

Ventura at least pays his taxes and was a Navy SEAL.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:46 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Obama was just a middle class kid that's about it. And that is because his grandparents watched out for him and provided a good education in which he obviously took full advantage of.
In Hawaii, he lived one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the area and attended the MOST expensive school.

That doesn't sound like middle class to me.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:02 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,310,996 times
Reactionary crackpot Paul Ryan and his genocidal austerity budget plan to flay the American people alive is a pretty good reason not to vote for Romney.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:26 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
It's your vote. Do your own homework if you want to, and decide for yourself alone who you want to vote for.

No Romney supporter is going to be blunt about his weaknesses, and an Obama supporter won't be blunt about his weaknesses. You have to decide for yourself who is telling the most truth and who is not.

And- if all else fails, vote for the person you find the most likable. The guys who are the most likable most often turn out to be the most popular Presidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections