Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 11:32 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Because he is a giant unknown. I have no idea what his actual core beliefs are, if he has any, and he is basically a giant empty suit. I like voting for people who I have a grasp on what they believe even if I don't necessarily agree (thus why I would vote for Gingrich before Romney). It is simply that I don't trust anything about him.
Yep, this is a pretty good summary. I have no idea what the guy would do, except cut taxes for the investor class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 06:29 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Because if you vote for a 3rd party...Obumer will win...thats why.
And as I said, why vote for someone who will be just as bad as the current president? Waste your vote voting against someone.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:30 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,478,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
And as I said, why vote for someone who will be just as bad as the current president? Waste your vote voting against someone.

For the simple fact that politics is perception. How people react to what they think he will do is what will change this country around.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:35 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
For the simple fact that politics is perception. How people react to what they think he will do is what will change this country around.
And I've got ocean front property in Arizona.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:50 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And a college professor who graduated with honors should release his college records.

A person who attended a racist church with a racist pastor for twenty years should have a better excuse for attending a racist church with a racist pastor for twenty years than conveniently missing all the Sundays when the racists sermons were preached and the racist congregation cheered with approval upon hearing the racist rants of the racist pastor.

And while I was satisfied with Obama's birth announcements in two Hawaiian newspapers as proof of his eligibility to hold the office of president, he should be able to produce a long-form birth certificate without stalling and stalling before producing one that raised more questions than it answered.

Outsourcing?

Do you think Romney is responsible for more Americans losing their jobs to Mexicans and Chinese workers than Clinton who signed NAFTA and lobbied for and signed the 2000 China Trade Act?

How about the outsourcing that goes on here in America thanks to Obama's refusal to enforce existing immigration laws?

Maybe, if the administration is serious about creating jobs for Americans, Obama's chairman of the Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, Jeffrey Immelt, the CEO of a company that routinely imports foreign workers with H1B visas to take six-figure jobs away from Americans, pays zero US taxes and outsources to China whenever possible, shouldn't be administration's jobs czar.

"Unfortunately for America’s workers, men like President Obama put their faith and trust in people like Jeff Immelt. And CEO’s like Jeff Immelt admittedly pledge their loyalties not to their country or their countrymen, but instead to maximizing profits for their corporate shareholders. If higher profits come at the price of devastating their country, so be it. As Jeff Immelt has said himself, GE has a second home in China."

Jobs Czar Sends American Jobs to China

As for those tax returns, Romney is correct to release only the last two years since the whole thing is just a fishing exposition by a fatally flawed incumbent desperately seeking to change the subject from his record of consistent and perpetual failure.
I hear you but it's too late, Obama is the President. He won that fight 4 years ago and stands as the champ. The contender must beat him not fight for a tie. As it stands now Romney will go down as a bookmark in history.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:56 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,478,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
And I've got ocean front property in Arizona.

Great debate, go ahead and waste your vote if you want.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:11 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
You should NOT vote for Romney because he will BAIN the entire country.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:13 AM

990 posts, read 938,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
He will be forced, politically, to move against Obamacare, the persecution of the Church, federal support for abortion, and same-sex "marriage". These are the four Big Issues facing our nation today. These are the issues that have the greatest potential to sink this great country. The economy, though serious, is a far distant second and is inextricably tied to these evils.
Hah! Are you kidding me?
So to you Christians, the fact that loving couples in California or New York want to get married is MORE IMPORTANT than the economy? What is wrong with you?

Oh yeah, and Romney not only created the first version of Obamacare, he also said that he would support it if elected.

But seriously, "The persecution of the Church"? Are you kidding me? You think the idiots who have been molesting little boys, forcing idiotic fairy tales into SCIENCE classrooms, pushing the dangerous denial of climate issues and doing everything in their power to deny people rights are the ones being persecuted? You people make me sick. "The church" is the main source of persecution for the last 1500+ years. "The church" has murdered millions and millions of people and have forced ignorance, disease (Christians fighting against birth control in Africa is directly responsible for the AIDS epidemic) and mental illness upon billions.

How about you people stay in your churches, talk about hellfire and damnation and leave the politics to those of us who don't talk to imaginary friends and take 2000 year old books of fiction as fact?

Quote:
What are his positions on the issues?
Serial Rape (and driving the car of a recent murder victim). He believes in forcing women to do what he wants. Hmmm...you probably support that, don't you?

Quote:
WRONG. It should be the priority of any sane voter to support the candidate who will best serve the common good of the United States of America - or who will do the least damage, as the case may be.
Which is why I support Gary Johnson. And which is why I'd prefer to see Obama reelected than Romney, an exact representation of the people who started this whole financial crisis in the first place, because Romney's tax plan alone would plunge this country into a recession far worse than 2008.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:17 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
in short: because he's an insider in the finance industry, and it is the finance industry that has bought off our politicians, is robbing everyone else, and is slowly cannabalizing our manufacturing sector (among others).

i have other criticisms, but his mental model of how the economy works is far and away the #1 reason why I could never vote for Romney. Looking back on past candidates, I'd hypothetically vote for Bush, Kerry, Dole, Gore, McCain, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, or Barack Obama before I voted for Romney.
You can't be serious. Obama has his head WAY up Goldman Sach's butt.

Remember, it was a Lib president who was fiddling, or should I say, diddling, while the derivatives debacle was going on. Not only that, but Obama hired most of the morons who were on Clinton's treasury team at the time.

I'm not saying that Mitt is ideal, but at least get your facts straight before pulling the handle.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:28 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,658 times
I have two reasons, I could never vote for Romney.
1. After running for 6 years, I have no clue what he stands for. For example, he wants to reform the tax code, but he will not give ONE loophole that he would close....that means he is already beholden to lobbyists.

2. I have no confidence that he will stand up to the crazies that are now pulling the strings in the republican party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections