U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-20-2012, 02:07 PM
 
876 posts, read 640,781 times
Reputation: 376

Advertisements

I hear a lot of people that do not trust Romney or obama, so they say they are just not going to vote. All of it seems to be based on their "feelings". I can think of a lot of reasons why I would not vote for obama that are based on facts, not just "feelings". But, I haven't heard of a deal breaker reason yet to not vote for Romney. If you take obama completely out of the equation (I know that is hard), why would you just absolutely never vote for Romney?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-20-2012, 02:23 PM
 
6,643 posts, read 7,371,723 times
Reputation: 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
I hear a lot of people that do not trust Romney or obama, so they say they are just not going to vote. All of it seems to be based on their "feelings". I can think of a lot of reasons why I would not vote for obama that are based on facts, not just "feelings". But, I haven't heard of a deal breaker reason yet to not vote for Romney. If you take obama completely out of the equation (I know that is hard), why would you just absolutely never vote for Romney?
Someone who is a venture capitalist that has high hopes in being the President should release substantial tax records.

A venture capitalist that has high hopes in being the President should avoid parking the bulk of their fortune in foreign banks while not releasing their tax records to the public.

A venture capitalist that has high hopes in being the President should avoid being part of outsourcing thousands, perhaps millions of american jobs to 3rd world and communist countries while depositing the bulk of his profits in foreign banks and not releasing his tax records to the public to view.

Say what you mean and mean what you say. Stop with the double talk.

Stop placing yourself on a pedestal above half of the US population.

When you insult the 47% of Americans you are insulting employees of companies you have had a hand in creating, by and large low paying jobs for Americans, while not releasing your tax records for the lowlife public to view.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 02:25 PM
 
Location: Greer
1,872 posts, read 2,259,168 times
Reputation: 1402
Because, during a time of large deficits, he wants to increase funding to our bloated and ridiculously oversized military.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Pluto's Home Town
9,986 posts, read 12,394,453 times
Reputation: 5650
Well, I personally cannot vote for him because I think the GOP is full of crazed hell hounds, and he would open their cages and let them run amok.

But over the last few weeks he has proven that he is just not presidential. He says the most stupid things, just about any time he opens his mouth, he does not seem to have any moral compass at all, so is always groveling before the folks he thinks are powerful, flip-flopping and tying himself in knots, and he does not seem to know much about or care much about the 47%, which are the majority of Americans. The first factor worries me that he would not be able negotiate American interests abroad without ignorantly insulting other people, or coming off like a complete buffoon. The last says he does not really care that much about the folks he wants to lead, he just comes over as a rich, self-indulgent guy. He is like the dweeb who runs for student body president to put on his college applications, but is a complete snob. It is all about him.

The American President should be a world class leader. Broadly knowledgeable, articulate, principled, persuasive, and decent.

Romney is none of those.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 02:26 PM
 
Location: On the corner of Grey Street
6,128 posts, read 9,036,025 times
Reputation: 11726
All I really want is for people to actually do some reading and make their OWN decisions. And to be able to support whatever conclusions they reach. This whole board is pointless because no one is going to change anyone else's mind. I could give you 10 pages with things Obama has done well and you would dispute every one of them. I could give you 10 pages of reasons why Romney will be a horrible President, but it's all a waste of time. You've already made up your mind.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 02:27 PM
 
4,255 posts, read 3,158,903 times
Reputation: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
I hear a lot of people that do not trust Romney or obama, so they say they are just not going to vote. All of it seems to be based on their "feelings". I can think of a lot of reasons why I would not vote for obama that are based on facts, not just "feelings". But, I haven't heard of a deal breaker reason yet to not vote for Romney. If you take obama completely out of the equation (I know that is hard), why would you just absolutely never vote for Romney?

If you are on welfare or will qualify for taxpayer subsidized healthcare you will not want to vote for him as it is likely to be reduced.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 02:35 PM
 
3,418 posts, read 2,756,574 times
Reputation: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
I hear a lot of people that do not trust Romney or obama, so they say they are just not going to vote. All of it seems to be based on their "feelings". I can think of a lot of reasons why I would not vote for obama that are based on facts, not just "feelings". But, I haven't heard of a deal breaker reason yet to not vote for Romney. If you take obama completely out of the equation (I know that is hard), why would you just absolutely never vote for Romney?
go ahead and vote for him, nothing we say will convince you otherwise. We all have our different reasons for why you choose the guy that you want. To give you answer to you second question, the reason I won't vote for Romney is because I don't trust republicans, pls as an african american, they really turned me of with the voter id laws and comments made by santorum and gingrich about blacks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 03:46 PM
 
22,770 posts, read 27,784,836 times
Reputation: 14617
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
If you take obama completely out of the equation (I know that is hard), why would you just absolutely never vote for Romney?
in short: because he's an insider in the finance industry, and it is the finance industry that has bought off our politicians, is robbing everyone else, and is slowly cannabalizing our manufacturing sector (among others).

i have other criticisms, but his mental model of how the economy works is far and away the #1 reason why I could never vote for Romney. Looking back on past candidates, I'd hypothetically vote for Bush, Kerry, Dole, Gore, McCain, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, or Barack Obama before I voted for Romney.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma
11,581 posts, read 8,294,397 times
Reputation: 10340
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
All I really want is for people to actually do some reading and make their OWN decisions. And to be able to support whatever conclusions they reach. This whole board is pointless because no one is going to change anyone else's mind. I could give you 10 pages with things Obama has done well and you would dispute every one of them. I could give you 10 pages of reasons why Romney will be a horrible President, but it's all a waste of time. You've already made up your mind.
You could also back up your statements with statistics, citations and the like and they still will dispute them by pulling out their own contradictory set of statistics, citations and the like.

Bottom line is that things will probably improve over the next few years regardless of which one of them is president. However, if Romney wins obviously things will be a lot better for the top earners than probably would be with Obama. Nevertheless, each side will make a case that the middle class is better off with their guy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 03:58 PM
 
6,914 posts, read 10,776,877 times
Reputation: 9470
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
I hear a lot of people that do not trust Romney or obama, so they say they are just not going to vote. All of it seems to be based on their "feelings". I can think of a lot of reasons why I would not vote for obama that are based on facts, not just "feelings". But, I haven't heard of a deal breaker reason yet to not vote for Romney. If you take obama completely out of the equation (I know that is hard), why would you just absolutely never vote for Romney?
I've been asking the same damn questions to Democrats and still have yet to receive a logical answer without coming back to the Mitt-Romney-is-a-joke rhetoric. I noticed they NEVER have anything negative to say about Obama's performance in office. They have all the judgement in the world for Mitt Romney (who's not even president yet) but they won't even take the time out to critically judge the current one in office. That's typical behavior of brainwashed individuals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top