Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 04:56 PM

326 posts, read 433,622 times

Advertisements

I don't know if it is infuriating, offensive, or just plain dumb!
But one thing is clear, Ryan is used to do and say these kind of things to his electorate. One would think he'd try a little better on a general election - Or he really thinks ALL of us are as dumb as the ones who's voted for him so far...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 05:35 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,269 times
"We've Given 'All You People Need To Know' About........."

Ann Romney and the entire Romney campaign 2012

I guess we're just supposed to fill in the blanks as they go along.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:18 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
OH, so that was the problem all this time on why Romney has not given the specifics to the American people on his tax plan. It would take too long to explain. Maybe they realized the arithmetic wasn't adding up like Clinton suggested in he speech at the DNC. Geeze, I was wondering all this time but I guess we finally know now folks. Mittster better find the time to explain it to the American people and he will have his chance on Wednesday but I'm sure it will the same old dance around the specifics so I don't expect anything different from this character. I guess these two still have the attitude.... Vote for me and I'll tell you the specifics after the election. Nah, it doesn't work that way. The American people are paying attention!

Paul Ryan: 'It Would Take Me Too Long' To Explain Mitt Romney's Tax Plan (VIDEO)
Did you listen to what Ryan said? He explained the tax plan in the 27 seconds he had to do it. In case your hearing isn't so good, here is what he said. The middle class is going to get a 20% tax cut. They will still keep deductions for home expenses, charitable deductions and health care. They will be sending less money to the government so they will have more take home pay. That is enough for me in a 27 second clip!

Old 09-30-2012, 07:19 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Did you listen to what Ryan said? He explained the tax plan in the 27 seconds he had to do it. In case your hearing isn't so good, here is what he said. The middle class is going to get a 20% tax cut. They will still keep deductions for home expenses, charitable deductions and health care. They will be sending less money to the government so they will have more take home pay. That is enough for me in a 27 second clip!
So you like the fluff, but don't want to hear the details? Interesting.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:44 PM

28 posts, read 21,239 times
Quote:
I don't get it, and I think my hearing is all right. If what you translate here is true, how in a world this will not increase the deficit?

Old 09-30-2012, 11:03 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,906 times
Quote:
If people really think Romney will close all the loop holes for the wealthiest people at the top, than these Romney supporters are more naive than I thought. If left with a choice to screw the middle class or help his precious one percent crowd, the middle class will lose under Romney EVERY SINGLE TIME. Lying Ryan is only telling you what the middle class want to hear because Romney was pressed to have more specifics and was asked if home write offs was one of the things he would change.

BTW.... I here fine but it's what I don't hear that is most disturbing with these two morons. If 27 seconds are enough for you, God Bless. I certainly don't buy what he is selling even if he gave a 27 minute answer.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:08 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
All I hear from the Romney/Ryan campaign is fluff! Generalities instead of specifics. It seems they are the Masters of gaffes saying "it would take to long to explain the Tax plan"! Well as of today you have exactly 37 days left to "esplain" yourselves!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
I guess it would have been better to say "Elect us, then you will see what we have."

Sounds familiar? "We have to pass the bill to know what's in it."

Pretty sad....and hypocritical....

Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I guess it would have been better to say "Elect us, then you will see what we have."

Sounds familiar? "We have to pass the bill to know what's in it."

Pretty sad....and hypocritical....
Funny how you are comparing a bill to a presidential candidate like it is the exact same thing....also funny that you would be critical of a bill not having details, yet not of a candidate.....hypocritical much?

Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
"It would take me too long to explain Romney's tax plan"

As I'm recalling ... Willard has adopted/endorsed Rep. Ryan's "tax plan." And now Ryan says it would take too long to explain it? Yea. Right. Just one more example of the fraud the GOP is attempting to perpetuate on the American people. We've got the GOP engaged in "issue fraud," "registered voter fraud," and I'm waiting to learn of what other dirty tricks they've got up their sleeves. Probably the most dishonest group since Richard Nixon and the Watergate Burglars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections