Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 11:35 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I agree to a point, but, they do have a plan, he has said it is/was/going to be similiar to Ryan's plan. Because you and others disagree with it, does not mean it does not exist.

You said yourself this is such a difficult situation, do you think this is just basic math or that every ho-hum person can understand? And do you think it was possible to explain it in a timeframe of just a few minutes, so that you could clearly understand it?
It's not whether it's easy to understand or not that's the problem - it's the statement he made that's the problem. Like a lot of other misteps in their campaign it was a DUMB thing to say because - in effect - all he said was "trust me" - like voters are going to respond to THAT.

All his resonse did was create doubt that he actually HAD a plan at all. Even with the limited time available he should have made SOME effort to discribe the plan - instead he made a completely bonehead statement. That's NOT the type of mistake you can afford to make when you are already fighting an uphill battle.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 11:39 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
It's not whether it's easy to understand or not that's the problem - it's the statement he made that's the problem. Like a lot of other misteps in their campaign it was a DUMB thing to say because - in effect - all he said was "trust me" - like voters are going to respond to THAT.

All his resonse did was create doubt that he actually HAD a plan at all. Even with the limited time available he should have made SOME effort to discribe the plan - instead he made a completely bonehead statement. That's NOT the type of mistake you can afford to make when you are already fighting an uphill battle.

Ken
Agreed.
It's not like they haven't had months to come up with an executive summary.

Absolutely bush-league campaigning (no pun intended, both Bush I and II were pretty good campaigners.)

Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Good grief! Congress and the president are people, not gods. The only plan they could possibly put together would involve basic math that every ho-hum person can understand. Yes, the problems are complex, but don't you want someone to at least attempt to explain the details so you know where they're going with it? Why do you sell yourself and other Americans so short?
Quote:
You know the "Obama phone" is a myth, don't you? That is was a program started under the Bush administration and is paid for by a telecom fee?

And yes, although I don't agree that "a 2,600 page gill was passed and not read," as a rule I think that members of Congress should read bills before voting on them. But what does that have to do with Ryan asking people to vote for him and Romney and then cavalierly glossing over the details of the thing they're claiming will be their main priority if elected? Don't YOU want to know? If not, why not? They're claiming it will fix the economy. Don't you think you need to know how they plan to do that?

I'm not selling myself short.......

So, here is what happened, Ryan in a very short interview was asked to explain his WHOLE ENTIRE PLAN...and he said he doesnot have the time.

Please tell me how Ryan could explain his entire plan in a short amout of time...that would be easy to under stand, since it has now been told to me twice, that it is and extremely complicated.

Look at the entire situation that Ryan was in, not just the leftiest media talking points and think about how complicated it really is...and you want it in a few short minutes...really.

Again, I'm not selling myself short, I'm looking at the entire situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post

Ken
It was a dumb statment, but it was a true statment....he was asked to show me the math....kinda hard to do....

Old 10-01-2012, 12:14 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
It's a great example....that bill is going to change everyone's life, and this next president will change everyones life.....

Your failure to understand, does not mean I'm wrong.
So how will this "next president" "chang everyone's life?" Ryan can't seem to find the time to explain the details. Romney doesn't want to tell us the loopholes he would close until after he is elected. So you are basically saying, you are gonna blindly follow your candidate to election because he isn't Obama? Sounds like a logical choice to me.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:14 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,269 times
Quote:
Look at the entire situation that Ryan was in, not just the leftiest media talking points and think about how complicated it really is...and you want it in a few short minutes...really.
It has been almost 2 months since Ryan was chosen. Romney has been campaigning for 2 years. Why are we still asking what their plan is?

It's the same thing through this whole campaign . "We never get to talk about what I want to talk about. There are just so many distractions. Waaa Waaa" Who's holding your microphones? Who is stopping you?

Old 10-01-2012, 12:22 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,954,197 times
The Paul Ryan Legend Dissipates -- Daily Intel

Quote:
Ryan is still an extremely skilled bull****ter — vastly better at it than Romney. But he’s actually seeing, for the first time, questions that attempt to pry information out of him, rather than the batting practice lobs to which he’s accustomed.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:32 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
I understand that it's possible that he simply didn't have enough time on that show to talk about it. But both you (chucksnee) and another poster were saying that he didn't explain it because it's too complicated and that the average person wouldn't understand it. That's BS.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:38 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,658 times
Folks, its simple, neither side will divulge what loopholes they will close, because the lobbyists will be in their a#$#$ immediately. We all know, at the end of day, ALL of them dems and repubs are beholden to lobbyists...until we can get them out of politics, nothing will be accomplished.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:41 PM

993 posts, read 831,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
OH, so that was the problem all this time on why Romney has not given the specifics to the American people on his tax plan. It would take too long to explain. Maybe they realized the arithmetic wasn't adding up like Clinton suggested in he speech at the DNC. Geeze, I was wondering all this time but I guess we finally know now folks. Mittster better find the time to explain it to the American people and he will have his chance on Wednesday but I'm sure it will the same old dance around the specifics so I don't expect anything different from this character. I guess these two still have the attitude.... Vote for me and I'll tell you the specifics after the election. Nah, it doesn't work that way. The American people are paying attention!

Paul Ryan: 'It Would Take Me Too Long' To Explain Mitt Romney's Tax Plan (VIDEO)
The basics of his tax plan have been on Romney's website for a long time, so this just goes to show that you are among the liberal-media-brainwashed. There is 100% NO DOUBT if he tried to explain the tax code, the liberal BS would say, "Ooooohhhh, he is so stupid. He thinks it's that simple. He obviously doesn't understand anything about economics or tax issues." It's almost funny but it's not because so many of you followers fall for their lies and manipulation. Tax | Mitt Romney for President

Old 10-01-2012, 12:43 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
I understand that it's possible that he simply didn't have enough time on that show to talk about it. But both you (chucksnee) and another poster were saying that he didn't explain it because it's too complicated and that the average person wouldn't understand it. That's BS.
I was talking directly about this show Ryan was on. This entire witch hunt about this is complete BS, on this show. There will be a time and a place, whether we understand it or not that they will reveal their plan, in a way that everyone can understand.

There would be no way in that short amount of time to explain the "Math" of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections