Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,082,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You asked if the average ho-hum person would understand the budget if explained.

In any case, you make Romney sound like God, or the Wizard of Oz. The election is 5 weeks away. Don't you think they should go ahead and reveal their plan now? What are they waiting for?

Romney is supposed to be some sort of financial genius--let's see it. Go ahead and talk above our heads, Mitt. We'll try to figure it out.
In that amount of time, could you understand Ryans entire budget in a matter of minutes.

I know I keep going back to this obama care bill....but it's the exact same thing and maybe worse...but we won't know until everything kicks in......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 02:44 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
In that amount of time, could you understand Ryans entire budget in a matter of minutes.

I know I keep going back to this obama care bill....but it's the exact same thing and maybe worse...but we won't know until everything kicks in......
The two issue are similar, in that both health care and the economy are complicated and the devil is in the details. The difference is that the information was there and it was up to congress to read it or not read it before voting. Romney/Ryan have not provided the information so even if you wanted to read it, you can't. If you follow the link the other poster provided, you see that it's just "cut taxes, cut taxes, cut taxes" and no provisions for closing loopholes or increasing revenue in any way.

As far as Obama's plan, he's done all sort of things to save the economy--the stimulous package, TARP, the auto bailout. You may hate all of it, but at least you know what he's done and what you can expect him to do. You can't say that about Romney.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:46 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,323,407 times
Quote:
The two issue are similar, in that both health care and the economy are complicated and the devil is in the details. The difference is that the information was there and it was up to congress to read it or not read it before voting. Romney/Ryan have not provided the information so even if you wanted to read it, you can't. If you follow the link the other poster provided, you see that it's just "cut taxes, cut taxes, cut taxes" and no provisions for closing loopholes or increasing revenue in any way.

As far as Obama's plan, he's done all sort of things to save the economy--the stimulous package, TARP, the auto bailout. You may hate all of it, but at least you know what he's done and what you can expect him to do. You can't say that about Romney.
Right on target.

Ken

Old 10-01-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Obama provided nothing of the sort, the stimulas is a complete failure....his staff said the the UE rate would be below 8% if this stimulas was passed, and cut the deficit in-half.....

Auto bail out....how about a chyrsler bail out....ford is doing just fine and so did all the other companies, and did you notice how the unions were paid back and the little guys got the shaft....

Neither have shown a plan, they have shown the way they would lilke to go....obama has had 4 years to provide this, even an executive summary as someone else said...but nothing. Even if they decide to follow Ryans plan, at lest it's out there for people to look at, hell it was even voted through the house bipartisan...

But, lets get back on topic, in that amount of time, he could not explain how his plan worked. Not a chance, not even close.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I don't understand how Romney/Ryan can keep doing this.....do they honestly think the American voter will buy a pig in a poke? Is it arrogance or just plain stupidity? Give us the specifics so we can make an informed choice at the voting booth.
You bought that pig in a poke with 0care.

Does, "We'll have to pass it so you can see what's in it," ring a bell?

Now that's the true definition of arrogance and just plain stupidity.

Moronic entitlement slobs wouldn't understand Romney's tax plan, anyway, so stop yer fretting.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:59 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Ryan knows his numbers don't pencil out. If he did, the question would have been a softball for him.

^^This.

Just have to share the following, as I think it really explains a lot:

Paul Ryan, Revealed - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

Old 10-01-2012, 03:05 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
Obama provided nothing of the sort, the stimulas is a complete failure....his staff said the the UE rate would be below 8% if this stimulas was passed, and cut the deficit in-half.....

Auto bail out....how about a chyrsler bail out....ford is doing just fine and so did all the other companies, and did you notice how the unions were paid back and the little guys got the shaft....

Neither have shown a plan, they have shown the way they would lilke to go....obama has had 4 years to provide this, even an executive summary as someone else said...but nothing. Even if they decide to follow Ryans plan, at lest it's out there for people to look at, hell it was even voted through the house bipartisan...

But, lets get back on topic, in that amount of time, he could not explain how his plan worked. Not a chance, not even close.
Like I said, hate it if you want, but you know what Obama has done and you can go to his website and see his goals for 2012-2016. Romney has explained how he will cut taxes and has spoken vaguely about cutting loopholes, but has not offered any specifics. It's amazing to me that you don't want to know the details of his plan.

And you're right, Obama could not explain a tax plan in 27 seconds. But the information is on his website if you want to see it.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Like I said, hate it if you want, but you know what Obama has done and you can go to his website and see his goals for 2012-2016. Romney has explained how he will cut taxes and has spoken vaguely about cutting loopholes, but has not offered any specifics. It's amazing to me that you don't want to know the details of his plan.

And you're right, Obama could not explain a tax plan in 27 seconds. But the information is on his website if you want to see it.
And ryan cannot explain his plan either in 27 seconds....like everyone wants, hence, the witch hunt...

I never said I did not want to know the specifics of his plan. The topic of this OP is Ryan did not have enough time to explain his plan, at that point in time.

I've seen the information on obama site, it's the same thing that was promised in 2008, just reworded to fit his new needs. He set goals in 2008 and thought this would be a cake walk.

Why do you accept goals for obama and not for romney/ryan?

I do know what obama has done, and that makes me worry more about what he will do. Even slick willy figured it out, but obama won't, if he is re-elected.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:13 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,944,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP
Gurbie, do you think taxes are easy to do or explain?? Why do you think there are accountants, CPA's and attorneys. Because tax code is NOT EASY. So save it!

Your attack is baseless.
Quote:
The argument is anything but baseless. Just because something is complicated doesn't mean it's impossible to understand. I file my own taxes every year. Do you? Yeah, it can be confusing, but I still get it done.

This is vital information that any voter is entitled to know and should want to know.

So Paul, take a stab at it. Explain the plan as best you can and we'll ask questions about the parts we don't understand.
Not only that but the idea that you can't tell us a single loop-hole or tax deduction that you would cut means that the ones that they will cut are the ones that the middle-class uses. Otherwise, the plan would be in detail on the website.

Ryan is insulting American's intelligence.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:30 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,944,326 times
Quote:
And ryan cannot explain his plan either in 27 seconds....like everyone wants, hence, the witch hunt...

I never said I did not want to know the specifics of his plan. The topic of this OP is Ryan did not have enough time to explain his plan, at that point in time.
It's not like this was the only opportunity EVER to reveal the details and it was the only time a call for detail was ever requested. Romney/Ryan are being intentionally vague and non-responsive and how you can defend their lack of candor, is pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections