Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-01-2012, 05:40 PM
 
46,169 posts, read 26,834,074 times
Reputation: 11057

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It's not like this was the only opportunity EVER to reveal the details and it was the only time a call for detail was ever requested. Romney/Ryan are being intentionally vague and non-responsive and how you can defend their lack of candor, is pathetic.

No, the pathetic part is that you are defending this nonsense that ryan could explain his plan in 27 seconds.

Vague, vague is what you have seen over the last 4 years....

No budget's, obamas budget shot down by every single senator, reid won't vote on a budget that was passed by both repub and dems in the house, being lied straight to your face numerous times, and the list goes on.....

That is pathetic, and you cannot see it....nor willing to acknowledge it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-01-2012, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Long Island, NY
19,792 posts, read 13,872,826 times
Reputation: 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, the pathetic part is that you are defending this nonsense that ryan could explain his plan in 27 seconds.
.....
I am not holding him to 27 seconds and neither is anyone else. That's a contrived excuse. They could put the details on their website. They could have issued a working paper or press release. They could have mentioned it at the RNC convention. But they have done none of those commonly used methods. It's clear as day that they are intentionally withhold details.

Anyone with a grain of critical thinking knows that when someone is cagy and evasive about providing information, it's because that information is not to the advantage of that someone.

MOM: "Johnny, did you do your homework?"
JOHNNY: "It would take too long to answer that question."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 06:47 PM
 
1,316 posts, read 2,454,664 times
Reputation: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow did you really watch the interview or are you just taking it out of context like you often do? If you really watched, you would have been amazed at how well Ryan did and how he kept his composure. Not many can do that when being interviewed by Chis Wallace, he is a tough interviewer. I have never had an opinion about Ryan either way until yesterday...It isn't Ryan's place to explain what Romney has in mind. plac

Vote for me and I will tell you sounds more like what Pres Obama is saying, cause he can only lie so long.

Yeah, I'm pretty good at calling a spade a spade and know when someone is dodging a question and if you consider that to be taking things out of context, then so be it. I know what I read in the interview online from Fox News and Chris Wallace kept pressing him and pressing him for specifics on where he would cut. Ryan was frustrating Chris Wallace and rightfully so when you can't get a straight answer from Romney nor Ryan. It certainly is Ryan's responsibility to explain what their plans are when he is taking on these interviews. This is a team effort to win over the American people. If it's not Ryan's place to speak about the policies, maybe Ryan should stay home and let Romney be the only one confusing people.

PS Romney and Ryan wouldn't know the word "truthful" if it hit them in the face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 07:08 PM
 
46,169 posts, read 26,834,074 times
Reputation: 11057
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I am not holding him to 27 seconds and neither is anyone else. That's a contrived excuse. They could put the details on their website. They could have issued a working paper or press release. They could have mentioned it at the RNC convention. But they have done none of those commonly used methods. It's clear as day that they are intentionally withhold details.

Anyone with a grain of critical thinking knows that when someone is cagy and evasive about providing information, it's because that information is not to the advantage of that someone.

MOM: "Johnny, did you do your homework?"
JOHNNY: "It would take too long to answer that question."
You do understand that you are mixing 2 things up and making them 1 to fit your needs.

This OP stated the link that shows ryan "does not have time to explain" which is a true statement, which even you agree with (at that point in time, which is the premise of this thread).

Should Ryan/Romney bring out the "executive summary" for people to understand and able to understand....yep....however, we have been also waiting on obama executive summary for nearly 4 years now.....

obama 2008: I have a plan.

Citizens in 2012: Still waiting to see this plan, you cannot reword your speeches and promises from 2008....we're not as dumb as you think....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 07:30 PM
 
1,300 posts, read 1,035,762 times
Reputation: 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You do understand that you are mixing 2 things up and making them 1 to fit your needs.

This OP stated the link that shows ryan "does not have time to explain" which is a true statement, which even you agree with (at that point in time, which is the premise of this thread).

Should Ryan/Romney bring out the "executive summary" for people to understand and able to understand....yep....however, we have been also waiting on obama executive summary for nearly 4 years now.....

obama 2008: I have a plan.

Citizens in 2012: Still waiting to see this plan, you cannot reword your speeches and promises from 2008....we're not as dumb as you think....
So let me get this straight. Ryan doesn't have the time to explain even on a basic level the math behind his plan BUT:

1. He can spend MINUTES repeating his talking points about tax cuts etc?
2. There is NO MATH whatsoever on the Romney website either. Why not put up even some math details down on your own website where people can read and digest it at their leisure?

I really don't understand the Romney/Ryan campaign. I mean if their plan for America is so awesome, don't you think they'd be EXCITED to reveal at least some of it so that it would sway people to vote for them? So far all I've heard from the Romney campaign is Obama is to blame for EVERYTHING and to fix the country we'll lower taxes and remove any kind of regulation that would protect America from another financial disaster.

Romney/Ryan are like used car salesmen who are telling America 'Trust us, the car we're selling you is great, BUT you can't take it out for a test drive or inspection until AFTER you buy it.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Long Island, NY
19,792 posts, read 13,872,826 times
Reputation: 5661
chucksnee is trying to defend the indefensible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 11:10 PM
 
Location: Cape Coral
5,503 posts, read 7,293,408 times
Reputation: 2249
It is so sad that the middle class knuckleheads in America believe Obama will help them. He has destroyed them with less jobs, less income and more taxes. He may be good for people that don't want jobs and are on the public dole (as long as the gravy train can keep going), but he certainly is not good for the middle class. Romney promises to give the middle class a 20% cut in taxes but they don't believe him. Obama has kept almost none of his campaign promises but they believe him. BTW Obama has no detailed plan anywhere approaching the details of Romney. If he does, tough guys, what are they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 11:24 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
20,460 posts, read 26,215,404 times
Reputation: 7621
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
It is so sad that the middle class knuckleheads in America believe Obama will help them. He has destroyed them with less jobs, less income and more taxes. He may be good for people that don't want jobs and are on the public dole (as long as the gravy train can keep going), but he certainly is not good for the middle class. Romney promises to give the middle class a 20% cut in taxes but they don't believe him. Obama has kept almost none of his campaign promises but they believe him. BTW Obama has no detailed plan anywhere approaching the details of Romney. If he does, tough guys, what are they?
He's got a pretty good scorecard.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ises/obameter/

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2012, 11:37 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,001 posts, read 34,991,295 times
Reputation: 7875
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
It is so sad that the middle class knuckleheads in America believe Obama will help them. He has destroyed them with less jobs, less income and more taxes. He may be good for people that don't want jobs and are on the public dole (as long as the gravy train can keep going), but he certainly is not good for the middle class. Romney promises to give the middle class a 20% cut in taxes but they don't believe him. Obama has kept almost none of his campaign promises but they believe him. BTW Obama has no detailed plan anywhere approaching the details of Romney. If he does, tough guys, what are they?
So is Romney going to cut taxes before credits on the middle class from 25% down to 5% or is he going to cut 20% of 25%? One is a huge cut for the middle class, while the other is a small percentage. It would be nice if Romney had the details to back up this claim, but many you can shed some light on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 12:47 AM
 
12,436 posts, read 11,900,799 times
Reputation: 3159
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Gurbie, do you think taxes are easy to do or explain?? Why do you think there are accountants, CPA's and attorneys. Because tax code is NOT EASY. So save it!

Your attack is baseless.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/24321747.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top