Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-02-2012, 07:26 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,001 posts, read 35,229,951 times
Reputation: 7875

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
This thread is so pointless. Ryan said he didn't have time to "GO THROUGH THE MATH," not "EXPLAIN." Obama has lied about pretty much every promise he made except for spreading the wealth around. Pelosi said you have to pass the bill first to know what's in it. A poster mentioned earlier that Ryan's comment was similar to hers. Wrong! Any plan that Romney has would have to be hashed out by Congress and he would likely only get part of what he wants anyway. Passing a bill and then finding out what's in it is 180 degees different than what Ryan said. If Pelosi has her way they'll probably drop in a line that Obama is King and no one will know until they pass the bill.
Well they have five weeks, you would think they could find the time to explain their tax plan....I have a feeling we will get an explanation on Romney's tax plan right after we see his tax returns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Long Island, NY
19,792 posts, read 13,970,995 times
Reputation: 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
It is so sad that the middle class knuckleheads in America believe Obama will help them. He has destroyed them with less jobs, less income and more taxes. He may be good for people that don't want jobs and are on the public dole (as long as the gravy train can keep going), but he certainly is not good for the middle class. Romney promises to give the middle class a 20% cut in taxes but they don't believe him. Obama has kept almost none of his campaign promises but they believe him. BTW Obama has no detailed plan anywhere approaching the details of Romney. If he does, tough guys, what are they?
Your claims and viewpoint are at direct odds with the facts. While you repeat the right-wing meme about "people on the public dole," public sector jobs are down by about a million under Obama and much of those "gravy train" people are seniors on Social Security who have retired (a la the baby boom generation.)

While you claim Obama raised taxes, taxes are overall lower under Obama.

While you claim "Obama has no detailed plan anywhere approaching the details of Romney," the facts say otherwise:

Study: Obama’s plan would create more 1.1 million jobs in 2013. Romney’s plan would create 87,000.



Quote:
The Economic Policy Institute has run the numbers and finds that President Obama’s budget would boost economic growth far more than Republican challenger Mitt Romney’s.

Obama’s plan would create 1.1 million jobs in 2013 and 280,000 jobs in 2014, while Romney’s budget would create 87,000 jobs in 2013 and lose 641,000 jobs in 2014, provided that his plans are deficit-financed, according to a new EPI study (pdf).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 AM
 
46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times
Reputation: 11136
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I guess that you did not know that was a republican program implemented by bush and carried on by Obama
It really started with Clinton....but I guess you knew that right....with phones being in houses....

Then it progressed to cell phones....and the only cell phones issued were in TN in the lsat 3 months....of Bushes term...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 AM
 
46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times
Reputation: 11136
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
chucksnee is trying to defend the indefensible.
No, even yo agreed that in that amount of time he could not do it....

I have even stated that he should have something, so plesae tell me, when i say he should have something that I am defending him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 09:32 AM
 
46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times
Reputation: 11136
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You proably would have seen it if the dumbazz congress would not have spent 30+ times voting against the healthcare plan and staying true to block anything that Obama does, even if it is their idea
Well then provide it....

Is that the plan that every single senator decided NOT to vote on....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 11:06 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,221 posts, read 12,336,851 times
Reputation: 3554
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It really started with Clinton....but I guess you knew that right....with phones being in houses....

Then it progressed to cell phones....and the only cell phones issued were in TN in the lsat 3 months....of Bushes term...
I just left Ga and they were there before Obama came into Office and in Pa. But my question is, why is it a probelm to give people cheap phones so that they can use for emergencies or job interviews?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2012, 11:09 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,221 posts, read 12,336,851 times
Reputation: 3554
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well then provide it....

Is that the plan that every single senator decided NOT to vote on....
When have you ever heard that party leaders come together BEFORE anything is signed by the president and agree to twart him on everything that he does? I can understand if there were debates on the subject and they at least tried to meet halfway, but to say no before it comes to the floor? Tp me that is boardline treasonous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2012, 06:05 AM
 
46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times
Reputation: 11136
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I just left Ga and they were there before Obama came into Office and in Pa. But my question is, why is it a probelm to give people cheap phones so that they can use for emergencies or job interviews?
If that's all they used them for then yes, but we all know better. And to sit here and say that's all they use them for is an out right lie....

And, who do you think is paying for them? You and me....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2012, 07:19 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,221 posts, read 12,336,851 times
Reputation: 3554
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If that's all they used them for then yes, but we all know better. And to sit here and say that's all they use them for is an out right lie....

And, who do you think is paying for them? You and me....
That was the reason as to why they have them. Please explain to all of us just how much is your money is going to these cheap phones? Has it ever occured to you that the cost of operating these phones is so miscule that it does not really matter? Or the fact that the people that are actually paying for their usage are being vastly overcharged?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 PM
 
993 posts, read 833,587 times
Reputation: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If that's all they used them for then yes, but we all know better. And to sit here and say that's all they use them for is an out right lie....

And, who do you think is paying for them? You and me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That was the reason as to why they have them. Please explain to all of us just how much is your money is going to these cheap phones? Has it ever occured to you that the cost of operating these phones is so miscule that it does not really matter? Or the fact that the people that are actually paying for their usage are being vastly overcharged?
My co-worker's son was in jail for drugs and then he went to rehab. He couldn't call long distance, so his baby momma used his Obamaphone. A few months later she settled a lawsuit she filed for being in a wreck and got almost $1/2 million. She kept getting foodstamps a while after she got the money. She was warned she could get in trouble but I don't know if she stopped or not.

If you add up all the things that "don't matter" like Obamaphones and PBS donations, you'll have enough money to make a big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top