Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 02:15 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
And that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Who are you or anyone else to determine who deserves respect. The President of the United States deserves respect just like I'm sure you THINK YOU deserve respect. That's some bs logic. Black people don't deserve respect is what you are saying and yes I'm calling you out because that's the only reason white GOP lovers don't show respect. If it walks like a duck, quack like a duck, it's a duck.
Always about race. Yup, race baiters have nothing of substance, so they always make it about race. Why does the left have to bring race into EVERYTHING?

As for "deserving respect" - if I had as much blood on my hands as Obama has, I'd deserve little also. If I ran this country like Obama's done these last 3 years, I'd deserve little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 02:17 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
Romney's paternal and maternal ancestors have Rocky Mountain roots.

Yes, Romney grew up in Michigan but it's not like he never ventured out of the state.

Mitt and Ann Romney owned a house in the metro Salt Lake area. Not exactly at the same exact elevation of Honolulu.

I grew up in Denver as a child and my family made frequents trips to the Midwest. BTW, I have also lived in Utah.

Adapting to a different climate and elevation does take some time--breathing-wise and humidity wise.
Funniest freaking post of the day. So Romney handled the altitude better because his ancestors lived in the mountains? Do you really believe that?

Old 10-04-2012, 02:19 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,933,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Next debate is foreign policy, no? Obama should wipe the floor with Mitt the Twit on that subject. They were careful (too much so) not to have Obama appear mean and aggressive in this debate. But since Romney went after him like a rabid dog, Obama now has the public's permission and even encouragement to strike back. Foreign affairs are not as exciting to most, but Obama has every advantage - and the whole world will be cheering for him. Go get him, O!
Really? Wipe the floor with him? Based on what? What foreign policy success stories is he going to highlight to show his foreign policy expertise & skill? Will he tout his success in helping the extremist Muslim Brotherhood take power in Egypt? The brutal murder of Ambassador Stevens? Tell us please, how he can claim foreign policy as a strength.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Please enlighten us: What, exactly, is Romney's foreign affairs agenda?
Obamas been President for 4 years, and people still dont know what his foreign affairs agenda is.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:20 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Next debate is foreign policy, no? Obama should wipe the floor with Mitt the Twit on that subject. They were careful (too much so) not to have Obama appear mean and aggressive in this debate. But since Romney went after him like a rabid dog, Obama now has the public's permission and even encouragement to strike back. Foreign affairs are not as exciting to most, but Obama has every advantage - and the whole world will be cheering for him. Go get him, O!
Hmmm.. Foreign Policy... What do we have to offer here.. The middle east is on fire and hates us and our policies, even though we "liberated" or helped liberate many of them. The muslin brotherhood has taken over much of the middle east. We are once again escallating our involvement in IRAQ and are still in Afganistan 4 years later. China and the Russians won't help us in the UN, so being a part of the security council is now worthless. Guitmo is still open... Those who once were our closest allies, now don't trust us. Oh yeah. This should be interesting. I almost forgot.. Mr president, why did our ambassador die along with 3 other americans? Why wasn't he better protected? What was he doing there Mr. president? Oh this should be a stellar debate for Obama alright.. LMAO....

Last edited by freightshaker; 10-04-2012 at 02:57 PM..

Old 10-04-2012, 02:22 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obamas been President for 4 years, and people still dont know what his foreign affairs agenda is.
That is your answer to the question "What is Romney's foreign affairs agenda"?
Sounds suspiciously like an answer that Romney himself might give.

Just say you don't know; at least it's honest.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
That is your answer to the question "What is Romney's foreign affairs agenda"?
Sounds suspiciously like an answer that Romney himself might give.

Just say you don't know; at least it's honest.
So you cant tell us what Obamas foreign affairs policies are either?

Last nights debate wasnt about foreign affairs, do you know that?

Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
According to Al Gore it was the altitude. https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-al-gore.html

LOL. Damn. Talk about apologists coming out of the wall.

Al should know about dealing with being at high altitudes, from sitting on those sanctimonious lofty heights he has created for his venerable self, lol.

I guess Obama's minions couldn't figure out a way to spin his performance last night into the usual scapegoat: Bush.

So I guess it's all Denver's fault.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:26 PM

27 posts, read 23,351 times
What a moron

Old 10-04-2012, 02:27 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Fast and Loose, but Untruthful - this was shameful

Clueless Pubs, the bunch who thought Bush would make a fine President, were pounding their chests in utter joy over Romney's performance last night. The general consensus appears to be that Romney "won." But a deeper read reveals that Romney's "fast and loose" approach was largely NOT FACTUAL. He remains the same goon who trashed 47%, the same shifty character who hides his tax returns and runs from his Bain involvement, the same flip-flopping, position-changing, slimy pretender who supports that disastrous "trickle-down" economic policy that failed under Bush and Reagan. He hails from the party of Bush, refuses to acknowledge that Bush existed, and refuses to acknowledge that the President's gains would be substantially greater had he not been hampered by Congressional Republican obstructionism.

President Obama may not have been himself with this uncontrolled, blabbering, babbling, pompus imbecile with the enormously large head, but he stands superior in what he has been trying to do for this country. He was given the worst mess in history courtesy of people just like Mitt Romney, and has had the misfortune of struggling against a Republican contingent in Congress that is the most shameful in history. He came to seriously debate Romney and was met with a fast-talking flim-flam joke of a character. What a waste of time.

Nobody won the debate last night. If anything, the American public LOST.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections