Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2012, 04:44 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times

Advertisements

Teejuris, did you copy that from somewhere? That would be a violation of the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 04:46 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/254704228264734721

A Democratic pollster - PPP - is about to release a poll that shows Romney getting a boost in WI. Now Obama is up just 2 there (which I'm sure is within the margin of error). He was up 7 in their last WI poll.

Despite what crbcrb repeats over and over again, Romney doesn't need WI to win the election. Obama probably does.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 10-06-2012 at 05:23 PM..

Old 10-06-2012, 04:48 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
poor gramps had to go all the way to a canuckian nutbar website to find someone who isn't sure if romney won the debate..

Old 10-06-2012, 04:49 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,460,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
In spite of all the who-ha after the debate that claim "Romeny won" the dust is now starting to settle on the clever well planned trap Obama laid for Romney. It is said" Out of your own mouth ye shall be condemned" So it is with Romeny.

"In the presidential debate that I watched on Wednesday night, Republican challenger Mitt Romney was shiftier than Dick Nixon in 1960 and less coherent than George W. Bush in 2000"

Did Romney
While I'm all for Obama, I just don't see any "trap" here, and even the President and his own spokespeople admit it wasn't his finest performance. Or as one of them remarked, "rest assured you won't see that Obama again!"

So let's give the Romney camp their due on this one.... 'cuz Lord knows they need all the encouragement they can get!

Old 10-06-2012, 05:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
In spite of all the who-ha after the debate that claim "Romeny won" the dust is now starting to settle on the clever well planned trap Obama laid for Romney. It is said" Out of your own mouth ye shall be condemned" So it is with Romeny.

"In the presidential debate that I watched on Wednesday night, Republican challenger Mitt Romney was shiftier than Dick Nixon in 1960 and less coherent than George W. Bush in 2000"

Did Romney
That is the debate I saw too. I'm the first to admit that I wanted Obama to throw a knock out punch or two, but then again. I'm not his strategist. Romney was wired and weird. Many people agree that this "winning" thing is a strange assessment especially since Romney lied his face off.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:12 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
I feel he won hands down

Old 10-06-2012, 05:13 PM

865 posts, read 623,493 times
Oh dear God, ANOTHER one of these threads?

There's a thread in the Elections forum that's listing all the excuses, might want to add this one.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:18 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
What is the purpose of these debates? To win over the undecideds right? On that basis alone, it is clear that Romney won. All the polls since the debate show that Romney got a significant bounce. A trap? Obama was outclassed and irrespective of what the whitehouse spokeskid has to say, the next debate is on foreign policy and this will be tough for Obama. Let's face it. The middle east is on fire with hatred for us, this administration has thrown Israel under the bus, and even our closest long time allies no longer trust us. If Romney plays his cards right, and makes the case, it will be another long evening for Obama during the next debate.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:21 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Obama had an outstanding last 30 minutes or so. Why is this being overlooked?
I do not think so, his final statements was the same ole same ole bs without the fake hope and change.

I also caught the fair share. No one deserves a fair share of anything. You work and EARN your share, no one should ever steal something from someone else unless they are ill, unhealthy or have medical issues.

Everyone else should be working and paying their fair share.

Obama did not slip, he meant what he said. People deserve their fair share. WRONG.

No wonder so many people went from the middle class to poverty under his control.

Time for the real hope and change, Romney will deliver it, not just abuse the words.

If hope and change did work wouldnt Obama be using it again this time?

Where did hope and change go?

Old 10-06-2012, 05:22 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/254704228264734721

A Democratic pollster - PPP - is about to release a poll that shows Romney getting a boost in WI. Now Obama is up just there (which I'm sure is within the margin of error). He was up 7 in their last WI poll.

Despite what crbcrb repeats over and over again, Romney doesn't need WI to win the election. Obama probably does.
Yup so if he is collapsing in Wisconsin my guess is in Ohio Romney is anywhere from tied to about +4 in Ohio.

In the coming days look for weakness in PA, MI, CT and Oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections