Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has got your vote?
Romney 87 38.84%
Obama 103 45.98%
Other 34 15.18%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 01:23 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
This is a conservative site so it will skew a little towards Romney, but it's Obama for me and the rest of America.
This site is far more liberal than conservative. Paid DNC operatives spam the board 24/7. Are you one of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 01:25 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I'm voting for Obama as I did last election. Not that I think he is the greatest choice in the country, but since its him or Romney. Then I'll vote for Obama again. I don't vote Republican to begin with and never have. Pretty much for the same reasons others have mentioned. I feel they represent certain segments of America's population only, and are very verbal about it. Whether they want to admit it or not.

Romney didn't appeal to me when he was govenor of my homestate Massachusetts. So I would have no interest in voting for him for president, even if I was a Republican. He would not get my vote. I never really understood how he won an election in Mass to begin with and became our govenor.
So, you are an automatic vote for any Democrat. How utterly pathetic.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:28 AM

684 posts, read 825,194 times
So I've noticed quite a consistent number of people saying they aren't happy with 'either' choice.

Know that your vote isn't throwaway. Vote third party if that's how you feel. Even if you think they don't have a chance, vote with your conscience, because if you don't vote for them then they really do not have a chance.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:37 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
The problem with all of this is that we're really talking about 50 separate elections. And except for people living in the swing states, no one's vote really makes much of a diffrence, since demographics have made most states indelibly red or blue.

In my home state, for example, Obama could strangle Michelle on live TV, entice his kids to fire up a bong, and set the White House on fire -- and still pull a solid 60% of the vote. In the neighboring state, Obama couldn't win if he was running unopposed. (Okay, so I exaggerate. But still.)

Nearly all of us have become throwaways in the hyper-partisan world of American politics.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:40 AM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
The part about the bong was true though.

You are correct in your assesment of this not meaning anything truly representative.

Last edited by bluesjuke; 10-09-2012 at 01:58 AM.. Reason: out da^m typo!

Old 10-09-2012, 01:49 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I don't know if I necessarily agree with that. While it is admirable to be steadfast in your convictions. I am sure in hindsight there are probably quite a few Nader 2000 supporters who would have preferred a President Gore.
You're absolutely right. THAT was certainly not the time to cast a "protest" vote!! I know. I have definitely regretted it. However, I'm hoping that people do cast a protest vote in this election because I think they will be taking votes away from Romney.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:20 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,664 times
Default I'm voting for Gary Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
I am relcutantly voting for Obama, only because I think he is better than Romney, but not by much really. Either way, with whoever wins I am not going to be too happy. I feel like that is how most of the country is feeling right now.
I, too, would not be too happy with Obama or Romney. Gary Johnson has 6% as of a few weeks ago, and 10% in Ohio. The reason to vote for Gary is because if he gets 5%+ on Election Day, Libertarians will be granted Major Party status, meaning Gary Johnson will get $90 million from Fed Govt for his Presidential Campaign in 2016. The Republicans & Democrats will have real competition & voters, more & better choices.

As for this election, many Libertarians are running for US house & a few for US Senate, as well as for state legislatures. Greens will have many candidates for these offices. It's important that they get some support as some could even win & of not, Gary will be helping the future Libertarians running for Congress. The Dems & Reps that hate things like Constitutional rights or spend excessively can be voted out.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
This is a conservative site so it will skew a little towards Romney, but it's Obama for me and the rest of America.

It doesn't look like that is panning out for you.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 AM

447 posts, read 496,030 times
He said the opinion like you posted here made him to turn along left reluctantly. It's a fair assessment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

So you weren't left 'til I posted?

OK, then.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:39 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Other, can't vote for either main parties candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections