U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 10-14-2012, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
90,377 posts, read 111,980,277 times
Reputation: 35920

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Then show me videos or documented quotes of their wives calling these countries their home country.
What a joke! The quotes have to be from their wives to be credible? Also, are you not familiar with JKF's favorite statement "Ich bin ein Berliner"? You are either very young or you just started following politics last week.

Ich bin ein Berliner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


President Reagan Visits Ancestral Home in Ballyporeen Ireland - YouTube
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-14-2012, 09:17 PM
 
24,872 posts, read 12,346,756 times
Reputation: 6104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
Then show me videos or documented quotes of their wives calling these countries their home country.
"Asked what he thought of his home town [Ballyporeen, Ireland], the President [Reagan] said: ‘I think it’s wonderful.’ ”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/29/we...then.html?_r=0
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2012, 10:50 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
19,979 posts, read 17,176,942 times
Reputation: 4356
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
What did you say last week when Democrats were calling a black woman a "house n_____" for endorsing Romney?

Only a fool thinks one party has the moral high ground.
Those comments were absolutely disgusting, no question about it. There is no place for it. However, were any of those comments made by anyone closely tied with any Democratic Senate candidates?? Were any of those comments made at official party events in which the DNC Chairman was attending??
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2012, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 15,337,704 times
Reputation: 4574
This is disgusting.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
 
26,684 posts, read 26,919,578 times
Reputation: 7933
When Romney loses, can we send him back to Mexico?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
 
11,531 posts, read 9,592,972 times
Reputation: 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Obama is an american. Why would he be sent to kenya? Because he is black?
Thats pretty much the punchline of the comment.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
 
Location: The land of infinite variety!
2,046 posts, read 1,368,223 times
Reputation: 4571
And they call Obama divisive. Some on the right need to get a grip.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2012, 01:23 AM
 
77,346 posts, read 36,869,001 times
Reputation: 11191
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Obama is an american. Why would he be sent to kenya? Because he is black?
No, it's because he himself says Kenya is his home...


YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2012, 04:04 AM
 
22,442 posts, read 11,830,464 times
Reputation: 11254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't think you understand sarcasm, michiganmoon. We've been hearing such stuff about Obama for at least 5 years now, and the response is often "it was a joke".
It was a joke. Go to a comedy club, he clearly set it up and then smiled. A classless joke. He probably believes it though, based on the context that I can see.

I said it was classless - it is inappropriate - I said it is false.

Are you fine with calling black conservatives "house n_____"?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2012, 04:12 AM
 
22,442 posts, read 11,830,464 times
Reputation: 11254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Those comments were absolutely disgusting, no question about it. There is no place for it. However, were any of those comments made by anyone closely tied with any Democratic Senate candidates?? Were any of those comments made at official party events in which the DNC Chairman was attending??
So, one guy at an event weighs more than hundreds of people - if not thousands after counting all internet platforms being racist?

What about PACs (that in 2008 Obama said he can in fact influence) blaming Romney for a lady's cancer death with false and misleading information? Is that crossing a line?

P.S. thanks for admitting that they are disgusting, unlike the poster Mayiask, that further attacked Stacey Dash by acting like she was asking for it.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 10-15-2012 at 04:30 AM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top